Page 260 of 340 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #6476
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see Adjustment Bureau? Thinking about renting it.

    I didn't like it and I was hoping to and expecting to.

    here is what I wrote back in March, right after I saw it.

    The Adjustment Bureau. No, movie didn't work. It wasn't horrible, but after about an hour I just lost interest in what was going on.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  3. #6477
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Bounty Hunter
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  4. #6478
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see Adjustment Bureau? Thinking about renting it.
    I liked it and thought it was good but the ending is very predictable

    but i am a huge Matt Damon fan ever since rounders

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  6. #6479
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Inception

    Great film.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  7. #6480
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Green Lantern.

    I enjoyed it. The movie was kind of short though.

  8. #6481
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Blindness

    Interesting movie, and there was quite a bit of nudity/sex, I just wish it wouldn't have been with Julianne Moore.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  9. #6482
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    How To Train Your Dragon.

    Pretty damn good.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  10. #6483

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    True Grit. I remember seeing the original in the theaters when it first came out. I liked it then, and I usually hate re-makes unless there is a good reason to remake the film. This version was more true to the book and I like the Coen bros. I had high expectations and was not disappointed.

  11. #6484
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The South Side
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Cars 2.


    Reviewers be damned, I thought it was fantastic. Beautiful cinematography, and just good fun. Might not be Pixar's best movie, but it's still damned good.


    I actually liked it better than Toy Story 3.

  12. #6485
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Green Lantern

    Pretty slow throughout, but it's an origins, so I can live with that. Someone tell Hollywood or whoever that smoke monster badguys are *****ing retarded. Just because it's enormous doesn't make it scary. I'm just surprised Hal didn't make a giant vacuum cleaner and suck the bad guy up. Other than the incredibly lame bad guy, the movie was good. Not great, but didn't suck either. Not totally memerable, but they did set up the second movie, which could prove to be better. I'd probably get a new director though.

    Did DC make the movie or do they not own the movie rights? I have to think if it was made by DC it would have been much better.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  13. #6486
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Transformers Reviews are coming out slowly on rotten tomatoes...64% so far...there is some hope!

    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tran...k_of_the_moon/

  14. #6487
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Only 11 scores and none from top critics though. I'm predicting sub 40%

  15. #6488
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Transformers Reviews are coming out slowly on rotten tomatoes...64% so far...there is some hope!

    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tran...k_of_the_moon/
    It got a pretty strong review on IGN.

    Hated the first 2, so I really don't care about the 3rd.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #6489
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Bad Teacher it was ok

  17. #6490
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad Teacher it was ok
    I've been dying to see that.

    Was it disappointing?

  18. #6491
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been dying to see that.

    Was it disappointing?
    I thought it was pretty funny but it was made for my age group. So i can see older people finding it crude and not funny but i though it was funny. Not great but a bunch of laughs.

  19. #6492
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,964

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 11 scores and none from top critics though. I'm predicting sub 40%
    38% and falling fast. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tran...k_of_the_moon/

    I did like this reviewers comment,
    With the constant LOUD NOISES, anaemic storytelling, non-existent emotional resonance and cringingly bad comedy, this expensive sound-and-light show is a bit like slamming your head repeatedly against an arcade pinball machine for 150 minutes.


    Here is a pretty good and IMO balanced article about Michael bay and his movies. (can I ask a question, why does he makes his movies all 2.5 hours long)

    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...the-moon_n.htm

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  21. #6493
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been dying to see that.

    Was it disappointing?
    I'm with p4e--it was just "ok". I laughed at some parts, but I can't help thinking they missed out on a lot of opportunities. It just could've and should've been a lot funnier. It doesn't help that I am not a fan of the old Cameron Diaz either.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #6494
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thin Red Line actually made me angry. I refused to walk out, but it was so self indulgently pretentious, I couldn't stand it. No way in hell do I see Tree of Life.
    Amen! I couldn't possibly agree more.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  24. #6495
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with p4e--it was just "ok". I laughed at some parts, but I can't help thinking they missed out on a lot of opportunities. It just could've and should've been a lot funnier. It doesn't help that I am not a fan of the old Cameron Diaz either.
    Ya the concept was brilliant just poorly executed IMO

  25. #6496
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,449
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    As long as we're making Michael Bay-themed posts, here's Filmdrunk's post on GQ's new article on the dude. Pretty hilarious. Money quote:

    Bay: I donít change my style for anybody. Pussies do that.

    Also, a Brad Bird movie IRL:


  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  27. #6497
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,655
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Bridesmaids

    absolutely hilarious

    so many good jokes and the girl who plays Lillian is one of my favorite actresses she is really good.

    The engagement party scene and the Police stop is hilarious

    Megan was lol and the best part was the picking the dress scene and the plane scene pure genius


    a lot of really good parts.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-29-2011 at 04:09 AM.

  28. #6498
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    see these types of quotes from the critics bug me - its like they are going into seeing the movie looking for a Oscar nomination deserving drama instead of what Transformers really is - selling robot toys that turn into cars to kids.

    what is the evolutionary advantage of pretending to be a car, anyway?
    Even as it showcases a new degree of directorial control, Dark of the Moon remains a live-action cartoon, more a delivery mechanism for testosterone and axle grease than a satisfying dramatic experience.
    I have to say that I think the robot effects are better here but maybe since they got rid of Megan Fox the effects team no longer had to spend all that time CGI-ing out her toe thumbs and could spend all their efforts on rendering the robots instead.
    When the audience is rooting for the inanimate objects on screen, you're doing something wrong.
    I do agree with the other negative reviews about character development, plot, etc. - but its these reviews who go with a wrong mindset to movies that always irritate me.

    Transformers needs a reboot with a whole nother director at the whelms of this badboy, remove all the human cliche stories/plots and just let the robots have some character that can be developed - then you're looking at a movie with some sort of a purpose.

  29. #6499
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bridesmaids

    absolutely hilarious

    so many good jokes and the girl who plays Lillian is one of my favorite actresses she is really good.

    The engagement party scene and the Police stop is hilarious

    Megan was lol and the best part was the picking the dress scene and the plane scene pure genius


    a lot of really good parts.
    Yeah, I really, really liked Bridesmaids as well. Thought it was really funny and I liked all the actresses/actors they had in the movie. I've long been a big Kristen Wiig fan, and she certainly didn't disappoint here. Like you, I really like Maya Rudolph (I think that is who played Lillian--Lillian was the bride, yes?). Just funny stuff all the way around, and Jon Hamm's part slayed me.

  30. #6500
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,614

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    see these types of quotes from the critics bug me - its like they are going into seeing the movie looking for a Oscar nomination deserving drama instead of what Transformers really is - selling robot toys that turn into cars to kids.

    I do agree with the other negative reviews about character development, plot, etc. - but its these reviews who go with a wrong mindset to movies that always irritate me.

    Transformers needs a reboot with a whole nother director at the whelms of this badboy, remove all the human cliche stories/plots and just let the robots have some character that can be developed - then you're looking at a movie with some sort of a purpose.
    Those quotes are exactly why I want to go see the damn movie. I find that stuff cool as hell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •