Page 26 of 349 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent movie.

Does anyone else get mad when people either don't like movies you like or they like movies you don't like. For some reason it makes me mad. Why is that. Why should I care. If the idiot public does not like the movies I like too bad for them, their loss. If people want to spend 8 dollars and watch the same stupid movies, fine. Oops there I go again.
    Yes!

I usually agree with most of your posts because they make sense and are usually well thought out. But I felt like you were a traitor when you didn't like War of the Worlds. It was different and had a different ending and you didn't like it! (giggle, giggle, snort)

Oh, the reason I came to this thread is to say I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith on the 4th and it was good. Coming home I rented 3 movies, Hitch being one of them. I loved it! It had me laughing outloud.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Land of the Dead and War of the Worlds
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Excellent movie.

Does anyone else get mad when people either don't like movies you like or they like movies you don't like. For some reason it makes me mad. Why is that. Why should I care. If the idiot public does not like the movies I like too bad for them, their loss. If people want to spend 8 dollars and watch the same stupid movies, fine. Oops there I go again.
    Not really. It's when people say Cheesecake Factory is "vile", that's what really honks me off.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

That doesn't bother me as much as TV shows I like getting cancelled.

Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It wasn't all that good really but kept me fairly entertained for the duration of the flick. Don't think I'd bother to see it again anytime. I do always appreciate a few moments of classic Woo-esqe violence and it did provide a bit of that.

3ptmiller

I saw Monthy Python The Holy Grail... yes its old, but i have never laughed so much in my life... the knights who says "NI!!" just rules... Ni! Ni! hahaha

foretaz

saw Fantastic Four....

ummm....i guess its tough for me to say i was disappointed, because i have zero expectations when i go to see a movie....i almost expect it to be bad....

and i wasnt disappointed....it was bad...

very very bad....my gf liked it....she said she liked it better than batman....

for me...no way....i liked batman....this movie sucked...

Troy was on HBO.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The wife and I watched Suspect 0(zero) on Monday. It was the best sounding movie on In Demand.

It was...interesting. The movie really didn't match the description, so it didn't go down the path that I thought it would. The whole concept was interesting and Ben Kingsley gave a good performance. The ending was lame, even with the "alternate ending" which could had just been cut off because some test audience didn't like it.

Harmonica

The Palm Beach Story. 1942. Pretty good. Great dialogue.

Fools Rush In on TBS while I was painting the trim in the bedroom.

Salma Hayek's pretty.

Nerd.
    Mood

Hostage.

I liked it. But it is what it is.

The Princess Bride.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Harmonica

Zulu with a young Michael Caine. Good Sunday morning fare.

Harmonica

"Daddy-Long-Legs" with Mary Pickford. 1919. Silent movies are surreal. This makes me want to watch more of them.

foretaz

Bulworth....

interesting....parts seemed very lame...but in the context of the whole thing...i found myself surprisingly attached to it....

course i love halle berry....so that didnt hurt....

one of those movies thats about something u know is true...and u wish would happen just once in real life....but know it probably never will....which is probably the ultimate attraction to the movie...

I went and saw War of the worlds this weekend.....

It had some cool special effects, but overall, the movie sucked I thought. Tom's cruise's acting sucked, the remake of the classic sucked, and the ending just came about and my wife looked at me and said "that was it?"

There were way too many things in the movie that were inconsistent, and a lot of things in the story that made no sense at all in terms of reality of what a person would do.....for example there is a seen where all the people are moving up a hill but then you realize they are all moving TOWARDS THE BATTLE AND CERTAIN DEATH instead of running away the whole movie. Why would they be moving towards the battle other than for Tom's character and his son to have their scene.

Overall I would say don't waste your money on it at the theater. If you want to see it, I would recommend waiting and renting at home or something....

Fargo
    Dawn of the Dead
    Buck and the Preacher

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron

It had some cool special effects, but overall, the movie sucked I thought. Tom's cruise's acting sucked, the remake of the classic sucked, and the ending just came about and my wife looked at me and said "that was it?"

There were way too many things in the movie that were inconsistent, and a lot of things in the story that made no sense at all in terms of reality of what a person would do.....for example there is a seen where all the people are moving up a hill but then you realize they are all moving TOWARDS THE BATTLE AND CERTAIN DEATH instead of running away the whole movie. Why would they be moving towards the battle other than for Tom's character and his son to have their scene.

Overall I would say don't waste your money on it at the theater. If you want to see it, I would recommend waiting and renting at home or something....
    I'm a BIG HG Wells fan...the ending was consistant with the book. The Tripods were also. Nothing else was. However, the wife and Jr. had not read the book so they really enjoyed it and (overlooking some incongruities) so did I. I did however see it at matinee prices.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron

I could not agree more. That was a terrible movie, I'm sorry I wasted two hours of my life watching that garbage.

I would say if you want to see it, change your mind and see something else.

You know how some movies seem better a week or two after you see them, well in this case this movie gets worse by the day.

Eyes Wide Shut- Second time I have seen that film and like all kubrick films it seems to get better with each watch. This movie will probably be a masterpeice much like 2001, or Clockwork in about 20 years.

Harmonica

Point Blank (1967). Lee Marvin film. Watched it with the commentary track with director John Boorman and Steven Soderbergh. Pretty informative. Great film.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01
    Eyes Wide Shut- Second time I have seen that film and like all kubrick films it seems to get better with each watch. This movie will probably be a masterpeice much like 2001, or Clockwork in about 20 years.
    I agree. The first time I watched it in the theater I was like, "Eh, it was okay." Then about 6 months ago I caught it on cable and was mesmerized, although I only got to watch about 20-30 minutes of it. I had to go somewhere and had to pull myself away from the TV.

Stealing the star meter for a few I've rented recently:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: ****
    Be Cool: **
    Hitch: ***
    Hostage: ***

IndyToad
    Is often generous with his asterik distribution

Harmonica

Crazed Fruit (1956). Japanese film.