Page 251 of 346 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 8647

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Okay, since we can't seem to get off the topic, I have a question. Which is the real British period piece, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves or Robin Hood: Men in Tights? Sure, Thieves was shot on location and had the sweeping vistas, but Tights had a leading man with a convincing British accent.

Feel free to discuss for the next six pages.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is the greatest.

Manly men.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just saw 127 Hours for the first time. Wow. Beautiful movie. Ended up getting wrapped up in the whole thing and watching the nearly two hours of the Dateline special 6 months after the accident in which Ralston goes back to the canyon. Kind of puts things in perspective.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, only the final one did.
    Sorry, UB. That was a joke about the length of and amount of endings in that particular movie. I personally thought it should have gotten two statues.

Inside Job - Watched it on account of it winning the Oscar. It was good, informative, and at many times compelling. I always mix up CDOs and CDSs. But I wasn't with it all the way. Mostly because I'm not active reviling Wall Street every second of my day. Ferguson seemed to be wanting to do his best Michael Moore impression, but he just isn't as charismatic. What should come off as smugly noble is actually kind of whiny and uphelpful. The movie's message is: **** Wall Street, regulate more, throw some people in jail so I can feel better about it, and **** Wall Street. Exit Through the Gift Shop is about 3 or 4 times better...

Tangled - Maybe I went in with too-high expectations. Parts of it are tremendous. Much of the animation (especially a sequence with lanterns), a few side characters (one in particular), and the action/adventure elements were fantastic. The first act and most of the songs are pretty bad. A slight step down from Bolt and Princess & the Frog. What makes these Disney movies are humorous side characters, great villians, and the musical numbers. This movie batted .333.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 03-04-2011 at 03:58 AM.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I just saw 127 Hours for the first time. Wow. Beautiful movie. Ended up getting wrapped up in the whole thing and watching the nearly two hours of the Dateline special 6 months after the accident in which Ralston goes back to the canyon. Kind of puts things in perspective.

I did the same thing. The movie was good, but the Dateline special was even better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Finally saw Knight and Day. Better than I expected. Tonight was a
    "suspension of disbelief" night.

Battle Los Angeles

This movie was maddening. It was very good for the first 2/3. It had a real feeling to it, some great battle scenes, they even allowed the soundtrack and dialogue to go slient a few tims to build a little suspense. But then the last 35 minutes or so it changed into an over-the-top rah-rah something. There was one scene that was supposed to be the dramactic high point and it was laughable, seriously, several in the audience laughed.

Too bad because it was really good for the first hour and 15 minutes

The Inside Job. If people could truly and easily understand what is going on, there'd be a revolution.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Battle Los Angeles

This movie was maddening. It was very good for the first 2/3. It had a real feeling to it, some great battle scenes, they even allowed the soundtrack and dialogue to go slient a few tims to build a little suspense. But then the last 35 minutes or so it changed into an over-the-top rah-rah something. There was one scene that was supposed to be the dramactic high point and it was laughable, seriously, several in the audience laughed.

Too bad because it was really good for the first hour and 15 minutes
    I've seen comments saying that it's trying to be this generation's Independence Day. Any validity?

Smile Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I've seen comments saying that it's trying to be this generation's Independence Day. Any validity?
    No, not at all. This was a much smaller movie, just focusing on a small group of marines with only short references to the overall effect of what was going on. I've seen it compared to Black Hawk Down and that is a better comparison for the first hour or so.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World again. Showed it to two more friends who also loved it.

For me this year it definitely came down to this and The Social Network. TSN is more important and probably made better, but damn if SPvsTW isn't so much fun!

I also saw Battle Los Angeles. My son wanted me to take him as he'd been looking forward to seeing it. He enjoyed it. I knew what I was in for going into it, and though it was fairly action packed, I didn't like the first 2/3 of the movie to the extent that UB did, nor did I hate the last 1/3 to the extent he did.

However, I enjoyed ZombieLand even more. Finally got around to popping it in the old DVD player. Great cameo by.....I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

The Chaperone - It was a good family flick.

Due Date
    - I enjoyed it for what it was.

Faster
    - good action movie

The Adjustment Bureau. No, movie didn't work. It wasn't horrible, but after about an hour I just lost interest in what was going on.

The Other Guys It was entetaining and had a few laughs.

Mood

I'd be interested to hear what anybody has to say about Limitless. Spill.com crew reviewed it and compared it to Fight Club...
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Mood

My go to critic James Beradinelli says "For a plot about super-intelligent people, the screenplay is surprisingly dumb" so I'm not super excited about it.

Mood

Season of the Witch - Definitely falling into the 'So bad, it's pretty awesome' category. It sort of floats between knowing it's silly and being kind of serious, so it's no Jonah Hex. However, it's still a great 'have some beers and laugh at it' movie; Nic Cage and Ron Pearlman are fun buddy Crusaders. The wolves animorphing into dirtier wolves and the final voiceover nailed it for me.

Paul
    - I'm kind of ending up on the 'meh' side of this movie. It was fun and entertaining. Everyone in it is good, especially Rogen, Frost, & Pegg. But you can't help but compare it to Edgar Wright's movies, which are in-depth genre homages/entries that are satisfying either way. This movie is one long wink to nerddom, but not a very original or interesting one. It's too immature without Wright's influence; plus, it's rated 'R' for no real reason. I wouldn't recommend rushing out to see it. Kind of disappointing since Mottola was shaping up to be a John Hughes-esque director.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 03-21-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wedding Crashers

Never, and I mean NEVER, gets old.

Sucker Punch - An hour and a half music video of geek masturbatory material, followed by an abruptly serious ending that isn't earned and doesn't fit what came before. I wish I could say it works, but it really doesn't.

The Lincoln Lawyer - An enjoyable, pulpy legal thriller in the old-school Grisham tradition. A great cast makes up for a talky script that doesn't do enough to properly establish characters while the plot rushes by. However, I can't help but shake the feeling it's a good adaptation of a much better book.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - What an incredibly strange film. I know the writer has done a number of quirky action films, starting with Lethal Weapon. However, this is his only directoral effort, which after seeing it makes the notion he may helm Iron Man 3 feel a little freaky.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I really liked The Lincoln Lawyer. Certainly not a great movie, but very effective and held my attention the whole time

Paul.

Eh. Not bad, enjoyed it I guess, but it wasn't stand out, I didn't laugh a lot, and I was distracted by the politics of the writers of the movie. Felt like one of their running jokes was more than just a joke, but how they actually felt about a group of people (actually, come to think of it, two groups of people), and it was in a way I found somewhat upsetting.

I don't want to get into a political discussion, so I won't say more.

Saw Limitless.

Overall I liked it, had so many different elements to it, it is tough to describe. I would recommend it. Overall though I enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer a little more

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Recently watched The Fighter. Was not sure what I was getting into other than a boxing movie with Marky Mark minus the Funky Bunch.

Excellent. Christain Bale was outstanding and I'm not a Bale fan. He physically changed himself in such a way that initially I didn't realize who it was, and it wasn't because he bulked up for the role.

I did not realize the film was based on the life of Mickey Ward prior to watching it. Wahlberg directed and did a fabulous job. Highly recommend this film.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Dave For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    I did not realize the film was based on the life of Mickey Ward prior to watching it. Wahlberg directed and did a fabulous job. Highly recommend this film.
    Marky Mark produced. David O Russell directed.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post: