Page 243 of 346 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Devil not as bad as I thought it might be. Held my interest and it was only 80 minutes long so it does move quickly. Maybe see it on DVD. The premise is decent, but it just doesn't work overall.

See The Town instead for sure

Wow the early reviews for The Social Network which is about the guy who started facebook - the reviews have been really good so far. I think it is a great idea for a movie and then when I saw it was writen by Aaron Sorkin (Of West Wing fame) and directed by David Fincher - I fully expect it to be one of the best movies of the year

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/p...17394/201286/1

Peter Traverse

This is the first film I've seen so far in 2010 that deserves my highest rating, 4 stars. It's better than the movie of the year. The Social Network also defines the decade. How so? Director David Fincher, working brilliantly from a dazzlingly complex script by Aaron Sorkin, uses the rise and rise of Facebook to examine a generation that can't communicate despite its obsession with social networking. The performances are award caliber, led by Jesse Eisenberg as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who conceived the idea as a Harvard student. The squabbling between Zuckerberg and his friends who want a piece of the site, including Eduardo Saverin (Andrew Garfield is outstanding) and Napster co-founder Sean Parker (Justin Timberlake, an acting revelation), makes for a fierce and funny powerhouse, a modern Rashomon that will pin you to your seat.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-...critic-reviews

That comes out Friday, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That comes out Friday, doesn't it?
    No, next Friday, October 1st.

Wall Street comes out this week.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Has anyone went to see Get Low? I think it's only playing at Keystone Arts. We saw it Friday night and was just curious what anyone else thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Has anyone went to see Get Low? I think it's only playing at Keystone Arts. We saw it Friday night and was just curious what anyone else thought of it.
    I have not seen it, but there are some posts about it a page back I believe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Kick-***

I really liked the setup and beginning 2/3rds of the movie, but like many movies it settles for a cliched cookie cutter ending...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    It's still playing? Good. Kegboy and I saw it when it first came out. We liked it, but I admit to some bias because I went to school with the director.

Mood

Yeah, not only do they still have it there, I'd say the crowd was at least as large as you mentioned in your earlier post. I liked it a lot. It's nice to see a movie where they focus on the story and let actors do their thing instead of relying on gimmicks to sell it.

The Social Network Best movie I've seen this year. One of those movies that I didn't want to end. Completely entertaining, made me realize how poorly written most movies are.

Cannot recommend it highly enough

Want to see it again tomorrow
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-04-2010 at 10:48 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Has anyone seen Stardust? How is it? I wanted to see it, but don't have a rental membership (nor does Redbox have it)...so I figured I'd buy it if it was good.
    Bump. Anyone?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

No one else has seen The Social Network ?

I'd be curious as to why. No interest?

I'm just curious

I saw it last week. It was pretty good.

Mood

There's some interest, but I rarely see movies in theaters and the story isn't that compelling to see until it's on dvd...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

DareDevil (Directors cut)

OMG!!!!! This is a totally different movie when you view how it was supposed to be released compared to what ended up being released. The theatrical release came in at just over 90 min. the actual movie as the Director fimed it came in just over 124 min.

There are entire segments and an entire story line that had been removed in editing and when you see it and compare it to the original film you start to go "oh that makes sense now".

They explain the kingpin far more in the directors cut as well as Foggy Nelson plays a bigger role.

But most of all this is a much much darker film with far more violence. In fact the rating for the directors cut is R when the theatrical release was pg13.

I actually had no problem with the theatrical release however now that I've seen this I feel that we were all robbed.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

my 5 wives staring the great Rodney Dangerfield "no respect" love Rodney

Saw Red . It was good. It was pretty entertaining, sort of funny, had some good action. But it was missing something - maybe it tried to be too many things and if it would have been more focused I would have liked it more.

Rolling Stones the Biggest Bang concert dvd (4 disc). If you like old guy classic rock it is worth a purchase. Normally a $29 box set on sale now at Best Buy for $5.99 and the Rolling Stones 4 Flicks box set (normally $29 and 4 disc) only $3.99; really hard to pass these up when so cheap.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    DareDevil (Directors cut)

OMG!!!!! This is a totally different movie when you view how it was supposed to be released compared to what ended up being released. The theatrical release came in at just over 90 min. the actual movie as the Director fimed it came in just over 124 min.

There are entire segments and an entire story line that had been removed in editing and when you see it and compare it to the original film you start to go "oh that makes sense now".

They explain the kingpin far more in the directors cut as well as Foggy Nelson plays a bigger role.

But most of all this is a much much darker film with far more violence. In fact the rating for the directors cut is R when the theatrical release was pg13.

I actually had no problem with the theatrical release however now that I've seen this I feel that we were all robbed.
    I thought you'd seen this before? In fact, weren't you trying to get me to check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I thought you'd seen this before? In fact, weren't you trying to get me to check it out?
    I've never seen the directors cut. I probably said something to you because I read about it a few weeks back but I just got the blueray a week or so ago.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just watched the Fugitive last night with a friend who hadn't seen it before (don't ask how that is possible). I have probably seen it at least twenty times, yet I still love it each time. It's a movie that's able to keep you on the edge of your seat without the over-the-top explosions or shootouts that you see in today's films.

Highly recommended to anyone, probably one of the best suspense/thriller films ever made. Gerrard is one of my favorite film characters and, of course, Kimble is such a great guy (manages to save three people's lives during the course of the film).

Nerd.
    Mood

Since it's Halloween...

The Crazies

Good, plots holes galore, but I like Tim Olyphant's acting...I love movies like this...

The Collector

Strange. Gory. Violent.

28 Days Later

Nice. I rewatch this every so often.

Dawn of the Dead (Remake)

Another good one.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw The Social Network. Pretty good movie. Didn't like how it just seemed to end so abruptly, though.

I saw Hereafter a couple of weeks ago. There were parts of it that were very good, but as a whole it just didn't work.

Also saw The Social Network again and liked it as much as I did the first time. And once again, I was dreading the movie being over, I could have sat there and watched another hour of it. So well written. as far as the "abrupt ending" I agree as I wanted to see more. But I'm not sure how else they could have ended it

I saw Grown Ups last night.

When will someone take Adam Sandler to the side and tell him to quite making his own movies? The formula worked in the 90's but it is old and stale now and has been forever.

BTW I was suckered by the concept of the film by the commercials, I actually thought this was going to be differant but in fact it was just the same old schtick by the same old group of actors who have nothing else left.