Page 242 of 347 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 8663

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked that film as well. Funny to watch Tony Danza next to Jack Lemon, talk about the opposite end of the acting spectrum...

Has anyone ever seen the actual stage play of 12 angry men?
    Tony Danza has shown that he can act.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Tony Danza has shown that he can act.
    Mr. Danza also forced humanity to ponder the greatest philosophical question of our time: who, exactly, is the boss?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

The Other Guys . Some very funny parts, overall though it wasn't as good as I hoped.

A Solitary Man Great acting all around. I enjoy a good chracter study as much as anyone, but this movie seemed repetitive and I became bored

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Repo-Man

It had potential but i wasn't happy with the ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The Other Guys . Some very funny parts, overall though it wasn't as good as I hoped.

A Solitary Man Great acting all around. I enjoy a good chracter study as much as anyone, but this movie seemed repetitive and I became bored
    It's funny. I really liked Solitary Man, but only because I loved Douglas in it....and I NOT a Douglas fan. He truly made the movie enjoyable and memorable for me. That being said, take the same movie, plug in some unknown actor without his talent and the movie falls apart.

The Other Guys pissed me off. I thought it sucked. Hard. So much potential there and they just wasted it. Matter of Fact, I told my wife they should have taken some notes from the TV show The Good Guys. That is more the vibe they should have gone for. It's been a while since I truly regretted going to the theater for a movie. Thank you other guys.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Very, very rarely will I even consider giving a movie a perfect score. IMO, in order for a movie to be "perfect," a lot of factors have to be considered. The movie has to be entertaining. It has to be paced properly. It has to display no weak links amongst the cast members. And, when I sit back and consider the entirety of the presentation, I have to consider whether there are any changes I would make to any of these elements.

Scott Pilgrim passes each one of these tests. I can't think of any element to the story, cast, etc. that I would change to "put it over the top."

The video editing is absolutely top-notch. The movie is loaded with special effects, but they add a lot to the story, and are not there simply to be flashy. The transitions are smooth and nearly the entire film is eye candy, but in a way that fits within the framework of the story rather than being a distraction.

An instant all-time favorite, and the best movie I have seen in a very, very long time.

10/10

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sounds like you and me agree completely on this one Shade, I'm gonna be down in Indy on Sunday, wanna go see it again?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    It's funny. I really liked Solitary Man, but only because I loved Douglas in it....and I NOT a Douglas fan. He truly made the movie enjoyable and memorable for me.
    Did you guys see where Michael Douglas was recently diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer? He himself said it was stage 4 when he appeared on Letterman this week and said he'd just begun the chemo and radiation treatments.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Did you guys see where Michael Douglas was recently diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer? He himself said it was stage 4 when he appeared on Letterman this week and said he'd just begun the chemo and radiation treatments.
    Yep. Sad.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Just saw George Clooney in THE AMERICAN

The only good thing was MUCH T&A.....

one sex scene went on way too long.

OK start.....BORING middle.....ok last 5 minutes (predictable IMPO).

Wasted 15 bucks on 2 tix and fell asleep in the middle.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

The Fellowship of the Ring.

I haven't enjoyed watching it this much in years. I'd gotten supersaturated with the trilogy since 2001-2003, and now enough time had passed that I really got to enjoy it again.

Mood

Cop Out

Awful, good for one laugh though.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

The Book of Eli

Another movie that had the wife and I wondering why we had not watched it earlier. A great story with a very nice ending. I had heard that the ending was weird, but it made sense to me.

Mood

Glad I waited for the hype to die down before watching it. It was better than what I expected but I was kind of disappointed in the ending...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Kick-***. Pretty funny movie. Even had some unexpected gore. I liked it.

I watched Cop Out as well. Didn't think it was too bad. Story kinda sucked, but I got multiple laughs out of it. Of course everyone has a different sense of humor

Watched the original Star Wars movie. The one from 1977

Better than I remembered it. Always thought Empire Strikes back was the best, and maybe it still is in my opinion, but I remembered the original Star Wars to be a little slow for the first half, but really, I enjoyed the story and characters more than I remembered

"Ginger Snaps"

I think I enjoyed it more than I should have. I caught it on one of the movie channels the other night.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo about six months ago and I saw The Girl Who Played With Fire on Friday.

If you're a fan of the crime/mystery/thriller genre that would include The Pelican Brief, Silence of the Lambs, and Mystic River, well, you're in for a very big treat if you see these movies.

Plus, there's a whole lot of finesse, beauty and brutality lent this film just from its cultural (Swedish) perspective. I think adapting it to American themes and characters would literally rip the hearts out of these films.

This is what movies should be all about, if you ask me. One camera, a few characters and a smart, crisp writing/directing/acting team.
    I read the three books the late Stieg Larsson finished, which include the two these movies are based on. These are excellent techno-savvy who-done-its, which come with glimpses into Swedish society.

The first movie -- Dragon Tattoo -- I just watched. This was a brilliant adaptation. Loved it. The Lisabet Salander character was on the money. The scenes from the Swedish countryside are something I could not get from the books...what a beautiful yet austere locale. I've travelled quite a bit, but Northern Europe hasn't been on the itinerary, so this was definitely a case of the movie adding value to the book experience. I have the second movie on the laptop, and am looking forward to finding the time to watch it.

There is a 4th book out, of which Larsson wrote about 3/4, I understand, before he died. Looking forward to reading it, and hoping they make the two remaining possible movies.

Thanks for the heads-up, LA. Didn't even know the movies had been made.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

The Blind Side (excellent)

And

A Bug's Life (Another great movie from Pixar)

I ended up working with the girl who Tom Hanks delivered the FedEx package to at the end of "Castaway".

Here is how the movie was originally intended to end (and was filmed):
    In the movie as we all saw it the girl drives off and Hanks just smiles. The full ending utilized a camera on a crane. Hanks got back in his vehicle and then camera raised and panned back to reveal Hanks driving off and then further revealing Hanks "hauling a$$" to catch up with the pickup.

Test audiences were polled and the women in the group felt it was "too soon" for Hanks to be chasing after another woman. So that's why the ending was changed for the actual release. The funny thing is reading people's interpretation of the theatrical ending online and the deep meanings they ascribe to it. ...as if it was a long thought out and planned ending. It might've worked out that way but it was just a way to end the movie a little sooner, leaving things ambiguous, because some women didn't like the intended ending.

She also said that the #1 question she gets is "What was in the (FedEx) box?". She said she didn't know because they never opened it....

------

-John Wooden

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Saw Going the Distance it was surprisingly very good, I was not expecting much, so my expectations were quite low, but I enjoyed this movie. it had several very funny moments and a pretty good story

The Town Excellent, really, really good.

edit: I'll add a little more about what I liked. It was a little bit like a Michael Mann movie and a little similar to "Heat" (Not as good though). it wasn't all action, there was some chracter development, there was a plot, it was smart. The cops were smart the criminals were smart. it was just a very good movie.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-20-2010 at 08:27 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Has anyone seen Stardust? How is it? I wanted to see it, but don't have a rental membership (nor does Redbox have it)...so I figured I'd buy it if it was good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Couples Retreat

Better than I thought it would be. I think married couples would enjoy it more than singles, at least get the point more. Plenty of eye candy though.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really enjoyed this
    Grown Man Ball