Page 241 of 344 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 8592

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Pilgrim

It's cute, but it's no Kick ***.
    Just saw Kick ***. It was really good. Holy ****. Nick Cage in top form as well. Well done by him.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Crazies new one. I'd ponder the plot holes, but its not worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Just saw Kick ***. It was really good. Holy ****. Nick Cage in top form as well. Well done by him.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    I'm just ecstatic that there's going to be a sequel.

Saw the Expendables over the weekend.

I'll give them some credit. They didn't try to do too much with this movie, they didn't try overstep what you would expect. It was an old fashioned action movie. Really no plot to speak of, no plot twists, no intrigue. It was pretty much we are here to kill you, it was extremely violent, but it had some decent car chases, decent gun fights, decent fight scenes.

Overall though, it was laughable in its dialogue and the 1 scene which had Bruce Willis and Arnold in was laughably bad.

The acting wasn't good either. Only decent job acting was turned in by Mickey Rourke who had a small role, but he was the only one really trying.

But you want to just sit back and see a lot of straight forward violence, tons of explosions, and action scenes, you will probably enjoy this movie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Sandlot...

Still a classic...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flibertygibits For This Useful Post:

Mood

Scott Pilgrim.

So good. It may be my favorite movie that came out this year. Right in the sweet spot for me. Good music, funny, visual feast, stark, little bit of heart. Mmm mmm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    Scott Pilgrim.

So good. It may be my favorite movie that came out this year. Right in the sweet spot for me. Good music, funny, visual feast, stark, little bit of heart. Mmm mmm good.
    Do you think it got a little repetitive in all the fight scenes. I mean if they cut out 7 or 8 minutes of them especially towards the end, it would have made the movie so much better IMO

Mood

I thought they were varied and clever enough for me to not get bored with them, but I could see where someone could have been done with them.

Mood

I didn't care for the "fight" with the twins, and I certainly didn't care for that first ex when he started to sing.

But by and large I was cool with the fights.

Mood

Watched Blackhawk Down the other night after the wife went to sleep. She doesn't want me to watch war films, especially about Somalia.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just watched

12 Angry Men

a classic.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Just watched

12 Angry Men

a classic.
    One of my very favorite films of all-time.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Just watched

12 Angry Men

a classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    One of my very favorite films of all-time.
    The original with Henry Fonda was fantastic, but HBO did a remake/update with Jack Lemmon and George C. Scott that was amazingly good, as well.

Just watched

12 Angry Men

a classic.
    Big thumbs up and for those who can't stand a movie in black or white this is a perfect example of how and why. I just can't imagine getting the same feeling of how tight the quarters felt in the jury room and the stifling heat if it was shot in color.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

She's Out of Your League

Better than I was expecting. A few parts had me laughing pretty good.

8/10

It really sucks that so many undeserving films get all the press. I went out of my way to track down Get Low with Bill Murray and Robert Duvall. If you can find it among the multiplex barrage of Expendables and it's ilk, WELL worth the price of admission. GREAT movie that doesn't club you over the head with melodrama and trust you to have some intelligence.

I admit, I haven't seen Toy Story 3 or Inception yet, which I hear a lot of buzz about, but discounting those two, the is the picture of the year so far.

Go see it. Now.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    It really sucks that so many undeserving films get all the press. I went out of my way to track down Get Low with Bill Murray and Robert Duvall. If you can find it among the multiplex barrage of Expendables and it's ilk, WELL worth the price of admission. GREAT movie that doesn't club you over the head with melodrama and trust you to have some intelligence.

I admit, I haven't seen Toy Story 3 or Inception yet, which I hear a lot of buzz about, but discounting those two, the is the picture of the year so far.

Go see it. Now.
    Did you see it at Landmark theaters - at the Fashion Mall?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Did you see it at Landmark theaters - at the Fashion Mall?
    Yup. Keystone Arts, by far, consistantly shows the best movies in town and has the most polite crowds. Comfy, rockable seats and the theater actually turns up the sound. I swear a lot of theaters seem as if they don't fully use their sound systems.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    I went out of my way to track down Get Low with Bill Murray and Robert Duvall.
    I'm curious what made you want to see it? I only ask because I went to school with the director. As far as I know there aren't any ads saying the movie is playing in Indy so I figured I'm the only one that was planning on seeing it.

I'm glad you liked the movie. I think I've convinced Kegboy to go see it with me, but he's also seen some less than flattering reviews so I think he's still not quite sure what he's getting in to.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    I'm curious what made you want to see it? I only ask because I went to school with the director. As far as I know there aren't any ads saying the movie is playing in Indy so I figured I'm the only one that was planning on seeing it.

I'm glad you liked the movie. I think I've convinced Kegboy to go see it with me, but he's also seen some less than flattering reviews so I think he's still not quite sure what he's getting in to.
    Grace, I'm really big on regularly checking coming attractions sites and putting the movies on my calendar so i don't forget. I know most people aren't that anal, but I know I'll miss some great movies if I don't keep a watch out for them. When I saw Bill Murray and Duvall attached, I knew Ii HAD to see it, even though I'm not a big fan of going to the theater. (I'm just over people answering cell phones during the movie, bringing their kids to inappropriate rating films, talking during the movie, etc.)

I really don't think Kegboy will be disappointed. Any bad review is rare and all the critics I respect loved it.

I had to look up the director. No wonder his background is cinematography. You can tell. Very nice film to look at and the cast is absolutely perfect. It's not the greatest film ever made, but it's nice to see a movie where they get everything right.
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 08-24-2010 at 06:17 PM.

woman without a team

Get Low

I couldn't believe how many people were there for a matinee. Usually when I go to a movie in the afternoon it's me and about 5 other people. Kegboy thinks there were about 60 people. He said "Now we know how many people read the board."

I agree with everything Skaut Ech said about the movie. There have been some critics who compalined about Bill Murray, but I don't see it. I thought he did a great job.

"Waking Life"

( has anyone seen this? its awesome)
    we will be known forever by the tracks we leave

The Square Very good.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Saw the Expendables over the weekend.

I'll give them some credit. They didn't try to do too much with this movie, they didn't try overstep what you would expect. It was an old fashioned action movie. Really no plot to speak of, no plot twists, no intrigue. It was pretty much we are here to kill you, it was extremely violent, but it had some decent car chases, decent gun fights, decent fight scenes.

Overall though, it was laughable in its dialogue and the 1 scene which had Bruce Willis and Arnold in was laughably bad.

The acting wasn't good either. Only decent job acting was turned in by Mickey Rourke who had a small role, but he was the only one really trying.

But you want to just sit back and see a lot of straight forward violence, tons of explosions, and action scenes, you will probably enjoy this movie
    I saw this last night, and Buck's review is spot on.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I went for a popcorn refill and missed Arnold's cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    The original with Henry Fonda was fantastic, but HBO did a remake/update with Jack Lemmon and George C. Scott that was amazingly good, as well.
    I liked that film as well. Funny to watch Tony Danza next to Jack Lemon, talk about the opposite end of the acting spectrum...

Has anyone ever seen the actual stage play of 12 angry men?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13