Page 233 of 340 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Him to the Greek

I liked it.

Couldn't have imagined going in that I'd get to see Chief O'Brien from Deep Space Nine getting high and getting into a brawl with P. Diddy.
    I just got back from seeing this, i thought it was hilarious. It lived up to my expectations and I am very happy about that. Jonah Hill's little quirks throughout the movie were great.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I loved it. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was really under rated and Aldous was one of the funniest parts. Giving him (basically) his own movie was a great idea.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

I enjoyed it more than I expected. Had the predictability of all movies more than enough cheese but I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by N8R; 06-05-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Once Were Warriors

Great film. Made in 94 over in New Zealand. The struggle of one Maori family trying to cope with the hardships of their life. Very violent, very drunk, very dangerous. A great film though.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N8R For This Useful Post:

Food Inc

Takes a look at the food industry and what is wrong with it. Very interesting and very good.

Day Of The Dead

Based on a George A Romero story which means you know there is going to be a lot of zombie violence and true to the thought this movie has many deaths, very gruesome and over the top... all the things you want in a good zombie movie. For the zombie lovers out there this is a good one.

Flags Of Our Fathers

Another war film directed by Clint Eastwood. The film basis itself around the famous photograph of the soldiers raising the flag in Iwo Jima. It was interesting first watching Letters From Iwo Jima and seeing the Japanese side of the story and then watching Flag Of Our Fathers and seeing familiar scenes but form the American side. I am now wondering if these films are connected by more than just Clint Eastwood being the director in both. It was an alright film, dragged on a little bit. I enjoyed Letters From Iwo Jima more.

Prince of Persia- I really liked it a lot. I thought the music and acting were both entertaining.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Not sure why I waited so long to watch this movie, I really, really enjoyed it, extremely powerful and a very different look at the topic. Great to see it from a little boys perspective. Highly recommed this movie
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-07-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Nerd.
    Mood

Shrek Forever After...

Ok. It had its moments, but definitely not as good as the first three movies. Any new parent can relate to what Shrek is going through, though!

Observe and Report

There were some funny parts in it, but not as funny as I thought it would be. Also, I could have done without seeing a naked fat man run around the mall at the end of the movie.

Lions For Lambs

A very forgettable political war drama.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

She is Out of Your League

I'm sorry...but that girl was not out of your league or anyone elses...surely they could've found another actress that was more of a "10" than her...no?

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    She is Out of Your League

I'm sorry...but that girl was not out of your league or anyone elses...surely they could've found another actress that was more of a "10" than her...no?
    Spoken by the Don Juan of Eastern Europe. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure she'd be just fine to the rest of us.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I've always been a movie buff. I used to go to the movies and take in two movies back to back. Then I started renting movies and I would watch three or four back to back. (You can do that when your not married.)

However, most movies coming out today I find boring. My son knows what kind of movies I like and gave me a copy of Avatar to watch. That was about two weeks ago. Since then he's asked me a couple times if I had watched it yet.

I watched it today and I thought it was great! So great I'm going to go out and buy myself a copy!

The Cove

A great film about a horrible action that goes on in Taiji, Japan every September. It is the film about the slaughter of dolphins that happens every year from September-March and around 23,000 dolphins are killed for their meat that contains an unhealthy amount of mercury that is poisoning the people who eat it making the slaughter absolutely useless. The city of Taiji is trying to keep the whole thing under wraps so that the world doesn't realize what is going on.

It was a well done documentary, with great footage of the actual slaughter, sounds of the dolphins being slaughtered and it won the 2010 Academy Award for Best Documentary so on the level alone it was very good, held my attention and made me really ****ing pissed off about the whole thing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sherlock Holmes

Pretty good. Wish i had seen it in the theater. Robert Downey Jr., action hero? never saw that one coming in the '80s, but he is pretty good.

Splice - Not a great or even very good movie - it was OK. But I will say at least it was original - it went in a few direction you didn't know were coming. Similar in some ways to Species, but not really.

Youth in Revolt - Michael Cera is funny I think. Funny movie, I would recommend it

Get Him to the Greek

I loved it. It had me laughing throughout the entire movie. My biggest surprise was how well P. Diddy in that movie. I would defiantly put it up there with Hangover and Superbad.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Funny overall. There was a lot that I saw coming from a mile away but I mean most comedies I find are like that. It was a stupid idea but done in a clever way.

The Book Of Eli

I really like this one. I am partial to anything that Denzel Washington does and this was no different. He was able to play a pretty good badass in this movie. If you don't know this movie, it takes place in a post apocalyptic world and Denzel's character has a book that contains the words to help save humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    The Book Of Eli

I really like this one. I am partial to anything that Denzel Washington does and this was no different. He was able to play a pretty good badass in this movie. If you don't know this movie, it takes place in a post apocalyptic world and Denzel's character has a book that contains the words to help save humanity.
    I thought it was excellent also. Actually of all the movies released in 2010 so far this has been my favorite movie. (that is more of an indictment of how horrible the movies have been this year)

The A-Team

Went with Grace, our brother and 14-year old niece. Did not expect much going in, but we were all rather shocked at how much we liked it. Really captured the spirit of the show, a great deal of laugh-out-loud humor. Even the moments were better than I expected, like the flying tank. Easily the best fun action movie I've seen since the first Iron Man.

As an aside, for anyone who saw The Losers a couple months back, it's shocking how much they copied from this. I knew it was an A-team ripoff, and that Hollywood cannibalizes scripts, but when "Port of Los Angeles" came up on the screen I practically groaned. Thankfully, even though the finale is the worst part of this film, it's still much better than what they cobbled together for Losers.

[edit] Also, for District 9 fans, while Neeson and Cooper acquit themselves well, Copley steals the show. Hard to believe he never acted before.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 06-14-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Get Him to the Greek- meh, it was ok. I thought the Hangover was much better. This wasn't bad per se, but the story with Hangover was better to follow. Russell Brand was hilarious, though.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

Finally watched it, and probably would have liked it more if I had watched it before watching the remake. With that said, I prefer the original hands down...

Garden State

It's the indie movie that Zach Braff wrote and directed. Decent movie, but kinda underwhelming at the same time. Some good laughs sprinkled throughout...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...