Page 232 of 346 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Envy

I now know why I havent seen this movie before tonight. Just missing something. You would think that a movie with Ben Stiller and Jack Black would be great but as this movie can attest to it doesn't automatically make it so. Oh well another movie I can add to my list of Movie I Have Seen. 1276 and counting.

The Descent Part 2

They shouldn't have wasted their time.

The whole thing just felt cheaper (characters, plot, the way it was shot/edited) and their best solution for making up for that was to be more disgusting.

It had one nice jump-out scare (jumping out from the dark when I'm looking at the night-vision on the other half of the screen), and I dug having Juno still toughing it out down there (well, ignoring how they glaze over he knee injury), but really I can't get this baby sent back to Netflix fast enough.

3 Ninjas

That Tum-Tum cracks me up......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Loved that one as a kid.

Unthinkable

Good movie. Now sure when it is actually supposed to be released into Theatres but I caught a sneak peak today. Makes you think a little, wonder and ultimately enjoy the movie. Stars Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Sheen, Carrie Anne Moss and a very other recognizable actors. Very well done.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

KICK-A$$

That was a fun flick...Hit Girl looks like my cousin so it was bonus fun watching it with the thoughts of my cousin doing those things

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I'll never forget going to see Rambo: First Blood Part II followed by the original Terminator as a drive in double feature.

I was way too young for the "Hard R" ratings, but I had bragging rights for a quite a while with my friends. Terminator totally freaked me out as a kid.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

The Men Who Stare At Goats

Really didn't know what it was going to be about. enjoyable movie with some twists and turns and it would be interesting to know how much of it was based on a true story because if even 20% of it was that is still rather ridiculous.

The Unloved

It is a UK film about the child care system over there told through the experiences of one 11 year old girl Lucy. She is in a child care home because her father beat her with a belt and she is just trying to figure out why she can't live with her mom, and basically just trying to find someone to love her. It was a pretty depressing movie but good nonetheless.

The Burbs

A good classic film. Early Tom Hanks in suburbia with the suspicion that his neighbours are killing people. Hilarity ensues.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to N8R For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IM2
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Stardust

In a world that is truly unbelievable a young Tristan, has never known his mother and his father has kept the truth a secret. They live beside a magical land known at Stormhold, where impossible has no name. Tristan falls for a girl in his homeland and goes to Stormhold to prove his love to her.

It is actually a very well done movie. I enjoyed it a lot. It became predictable but it was a well done predictability.

Saw several movies over the weekend

The Wolfman - boring, just boring. I often enjoy restrained or low key thrillers, but this movie was just boring. And extremely forgettable.

It's Complicated - extremely entertaining, several funny scenes, but more than anything highly watchable and entertaining.

The Stepfather - really insulting - but I will admit it held my attention throughout, but most of the time i was yelling at the screen saying how stupid can you be to the characters,.

Bad Lieutenant: Port of NO. - Finally a good role for Nick Cage - really over-the-top movie, but oddly entertaining. if you are in the right mood this can be good.

Prince of Persia - have you ever sat through a whole movie and when it was over you could not tell anyone what the plot was about, not one thing. Not sure my mind has ever wandered more during a movie.

from what I have seen and I realize we are only 5 months in but I think 2010 has been a horrible year for movies and I am talking about movies released in 2010 - not some of the Oscar type movies released at the tail end of 2009.

I read I think in USA Today that there are actually fewer movies this summer and fewer big budget movies because of the recession and the 2008 writers strike.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-02-2010 at 08:31 AM.

I gotta agree with you on that Buck...summer has been pretty disappointing so far with regards to movies...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I gotta agree with you on that Buck...summer has been pretty disappointing so far with regards to movies...
    I guess maybe I haven't been paying attention but what movies are people waiting on this spring/summer?

I know Iron Man 2 had some hype and buzz for it but I can't think of anything else generating any kind of anticipation or pre-release buzz.

Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention... or maybe my mind is starting to go....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I guess maybe I haven't been paying attention but what movies are people waiting on this spring/summer?

I know Iron Man 2 had some hype and buzz for it but I can't think of anything else generating any kind of anticipation or pre-release buzz.

Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention... or maybe my mind is starting to go....
    I'm looking forward to:

Splice
    Grown Ups
    Inception
    Salt

I want to see Predators and Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

The only big budget movie that seems interesting at all to me is Inception . Leo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are in the movie and it is directed by Christopher Nolan. That alone is enough to get me interested.

honestly nothing really caught my eye as a "must see" flick this summer. I'm a bit curious about Inception only cause finally they managed to create a trailer that doesn't give away the whole movie.

I was looking forward to Robin Hood but it was a bit of a disappointment for me as it did not have that heavy epicness as Gladiator or Braveheart did...Iron Man 2 was also "meh"...nothing memorable...

For fun though I will definitely check out A-team just to go down the memory lane

Watched Up again. That first 10 minutes gets me every time.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btowncolt For This Useful Post:

Backdraft

I remember hearing about this movie when it first came out and I wasn't old enough to watch it but I always thought I had seen it. It is a pretty great movie though. Stars Billy Baldwin, Kurt Russell and Robert De Niro. It is about two brothers (Baldwin & Russell) who follow in their father's footsteps by becoming firemen, one brother Steven (Russell) knew he wanted to be a fireman from an early age and has become the team leader in NC17 in Chicago while Brian (Baldwin) never knew if he could make it and tries his had. An arsonist is setting backdraft fires around the city that are killing people and Brian and Donald (De Niro) work together as Fire Inspectors trying to find the common link.

I enjoyed it. I was surprised I hadn't seen it before. Well done, believable fires, good acting and a pretty good storyline. Some parts were predictable but they did it in a good way. Directed by Ron Howard.

Layer Cake

Good movie starring Danile Craig (the new Bond). Well done, good acting, decent amount of violence, the only thing missing was a good set of boobs.

Letters From Iwo Jima

Directed by Clint Eastwood about the second world war. Well done. Wish it wasn't all subtitles but it makes it more accurate. Good film, little long, slow at points but well done.

Get Him to the Greek

I liked it.

Couldn't have imagined going in that I'd get to see Chief O'Brien from Deep Space Nine getting high and getting into a brawl with P. Diddy.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Serenity

A film by Josh Whedon, It is rated an 8/10 on IMDB which surprised me. I mean I liked it and all but to me it wasn't anything special.