Page 228 of 346 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

The Informers

Still not too sure what this movie is actually supposed to be about and that in a nutshell explains that it wasnt very good. Some nice titties though.

The Last House On The Left

Yeah it is really titled that. I didnt have high hopes going into this movie mostly because of the ridiculous title but it turned out to be pretty good. Watched with a few other people so we were able to give the eww and ahhs around each death. Very violent and disturbing and for that reason I would recommend it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to N8R For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I finally got around to seeing Hot Tub Time Machine. Hilarious movie if you grew up in the 80s. There were just some LOL parts in the movie....especially the part where the Rob Cordrey charecter lost the bet he made at the Bar on that Elway touchdown.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Last House On The Left

Yeah it is really titled that. I didnt have high hopes going into this movie mostly because of the ridiculous title but it turned out to be pretty good. Watched with a few other people so we were able to give the eww and ahhs around each death. Very violent and disturbing and for that reason I would recommend it.
    Watch the Wes Craven original version...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

I will have to now there Styder, thanks for the heads up. Did not even know this was a remake.

Bra Boys

It is a documentary about a surf 'gang' who were notorious for causing trouble on a beach outside of Sydney. It was pretty entertaining. A few members of the Bra Boys were pro surfers and they could all surf well. It was a good watch.

State Of Play

Better than expected.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

"The Green Zone". I liked it a lot.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

State of Play

One of those good movies that becomes forgettable because nothing really stands out.

Gone in 60 Seconds

This was the original. It has a very light story but it sets up the great 40 minute chase scene at the end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

N8R

Kick-***

I liked it a little better than I thought I would. I had a fun enough time, and I think it's good (not great).

I still want to see a movie that takes the initial premise of this one (the character known as Kick-***) and leave out any of the more fantastical elements (like Hit-Girl).

Still, for what this movie is, it's well done, it was entertaining, I got into it, and I left feeling satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Kick-***

I liked it a little better than I thought I would. I had a fun enough time, and I think it's good (not great).

I still want to see a movie that takes the initial premise of this one (the character known as Kick-***) and leave out any of the more fantastical elements (like Hit-Girl).

Still, for what this movie is, it's well done, it was entertaining, I got into it, and I left feeling satisfied.
    Saw it the first day. Loved it, BUT, there were some elements I had to overlook as being a bit too much or not withing the realm of logic of the movie, but as a comic book geekboy, I loved it.

Hicks, there was a comic book called Star Brand, from the eighties that explored that concept and it's kinda like what you're talking about to an extent, except the guy did have superpowers, but it showed how he would function in the real world. (Like needing a map when he was flying cause how could you have a sense of dirction with no street signs to guide you?)

I hear ya though. As much as I really liked the movie, it would have been intriguing to go without Hit Girl, but then I think she's what made the movie palatable and commercial. Without her, I think it ends up being way too dark for the masses.....but I would have loved what you propose.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Yeah, I think there's easily room for both kinds of movies. When I first saw a redband trailer featuring Hit-Girl, I wasn't happy and dismissed her because it told me this wasn't the movie I thought it was and what I really wanted to see.

But when I watched, she was so likable that I quickly got over my disappointment and enjoyed the hell out of her. She easily steals the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Saw it the first day. Loved it, BUT, there were some elements I had to overlook as being a bit too much or not withing the realm of logic of the movie, but as a comic book geekboy, I loved it.

Hicks, there was a comic book called Star Brand, from the eighties that explored that concept and it's kinda like what you're talking about to an extent, except the guy did have superpowers, but it showed how he would function in the real world. (Like needing a map when he was flying cause how could you have a sense of dirction with no street signs to guide you?)

I hear ya though. As much as I really liked the movie, it would have been intriguing to go without Hit Girl, but then I think she's what made the movie palatable and commercial. Without her, I think it ends up being way too dark for the masses.....but I would have loved what you propose.
    I notice you had to go to the Marvel Comics group to get your dose of reality.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

saw Date Night It was amusing for the most part. Seemed like they ran out of material about 2/3 if the way in. Which seemed to force them to make some really poor choices, turning a couple of really bad scenes into a couple of really bad and long scenes.

the first 2/3 was good, a few good laughs

"Public Enemies"

Finally got around to seeing this one. The first 10-15mins had me wondering about it. I thought I was going to be watching someone's homage to Orson Welles and odd camera angles more than a plot and storyline. I'm not saying there wasn't a couple of nice shots and different angles... but I thought it was going to get distracting.

But it settled in and what I thought was an initial overuse of 'different' camera techniques and visions either disappeared or began to fit with the movie better because the distraction(s) I noticed early were forgotten by 30 mins into movie.

It was far from the best movie I'd ever watch. I probably won't be watching it again unless in passing... but I'd certainly recommend it.

As for what was true and what was movie-making... this site does separate some of the fact from fiction... And some of it is surprising
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose some of this could be considered spoilers... Even though the movie is based on historical events it's probably best to let it unfold on the screen before seeing this site if you plan to watch the movie-
    http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfa...licenemies.php
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Kick-***

Saw this one on Friday.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Movie was definitely a lot gorier and less campy than I expected. Which is a good thing, I suppose.

I think with a lot of creativity and a minimal amount of stretching from reality, you could get one good 90 minute movie out of what we're talking about. You couldn't go all sorts of directions with it, though, for reasons you already stated and the movie addresses.

Of course, I'm not saying it has to be a HS kid, either. It could be more like Big Daddy's story.

I could more see it if it went the BD angle. But the problem you have then is that you're basically talking about a poor Batman.

Is there anything comic books haven't covered yet? Yeesh.

Well, poor Batman's more realistic than billionaire Batman.

Mood

Lucky # Slevin

Okay movie, better if you play along with the story.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Tooth Fairy - i didn't want to remove my eyes from my sockets...so it was alright

Universal Soldier 3
    - Van Damme got old...so did Lundgren - he looked more like a mobster in the movie - nothing special - cheesy music which killed any chance of the movie being any good...

Clash of the Titans
    - The movie was disappointing like The Scorpion King - I dunno how Sam Worthington managed to get into the leagues of Action movies but he cannot carry the lead role. He is as stiff as a cardboard.

Did you hear about the Morgans?
    What started off as a chick flick turned a bit better later on...had some good moments.

"2012"

Can the action get any more over the top than this?

I assume this was supposed to be what a "B" movie would be if it had a large budget and unlimited access to CGI resources. ...If that wasn't the intention that was still certainly the result.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Kick-***

maybe this is something close for you?

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1416299801/

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

I am trying to find that movie now Belli. Looks pretty cool.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Watched "(Sherlock) Holmes" this weekend. Meh. Not really my kind of movie.

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Watched "(Sherlock) Holmes" this weekend. Meh. Not really my kind of movie.

I really liked Sherlock Holmes, it definitely left me smiling and satisfied.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin