Page 226 of 346 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard

Funny comedy but I expected something raunchier with Ari Gold as the leading man, I wanted to see the same sort of character but he felt a little soft (that's what she said). There were some great moments, like the 40yr old 10yr old in the film was a good gag and the start with the hate crime had me laughing but the overall story and ending just seemed a bit of a let down.

The Blind Side

A movie about a poor black kid who gets a break and makes it to the NFL. Surprised Sandra Bullock got the Oscar for this one. She just seemed like anyone. Maybe that is what made her so good, is that she seemed very natural in this one. It had it's moments of cheese, it moments of touching and its moments of poor acting, but really what film doesn't. There were a few moments that had me chocked up and a few that really made me think of life and helping others but then it ended and I played some Guitar Hero and the world went back to normal.

Chicago 10

It is a documentary based on the 1968 Democratic Convention held in Chicago and the ensuing riots and protests that followed. It is based on actual footage and on the court transcripts that took place after the fact. It was pretty cool and interesting, a little heavy on the hippie love side but it was well done and a good watch.

Fireflies In The Garden

Has Ryan Reynolds, Julia Roberts and William Dafoe in this one. Don't remember hearing about this movie in theatres and I really had no idea what is was going to be about when I went to watch it but I figured what the hell lets add to the list of movies I have seen. It is about a death in the family and how it brings up the past and the relationships between everyone. It has its moments but it wasn't great nor was it terrible. It held my attention for the full 96 minutes.

Bewster's Millions

Old school comedy with John Candy and Richard Pryer. It is about a guy who is going to inherit $300 million if he can spend $30 million is 30 days without having any assets at the end so he basically has to blow the $30 million in 30 days. It wasn't all that funny but it was made in the 80's I think or maybe 70's but it cant really hold up to comedies now anyways, but for what it was it was pretty good. I liked the idea of having to spend the $30 million because I would love to have that challenge.

Get Smart's Bruce And Lloyd: Out Of Control

Terrible. I wasn't expecting much and I had to watch this in 3 instalments because I hated it so much but when I start a movie I finish it. Please dear god don't waste your time watching, downloading, looking this movie up and quite frankly reading this or any other review of this horrid horrid "movie".

Family Guy: Something Something Something Dark Sider

It was your typical Family guy take on Star Wars. I liked it.

sweabs

Koyaanisqatsi

Powerful...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sweabs For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still Waiting

I could never recommend this movie or the first one but they strike closely to my heart because of my former employment (especially Justin Long's character).

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Koyaanisqatsi

Powerful...
    Absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite movie of all time. No other comes close.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    Absolutely, without a doubt, my favorite movie of all time. No other comes close.
    I don't think I have experienced so many different emotions and thoughts during a movie. And if I were to watch it again, I'd probably have an entirely new experience. That's the beauty of it.

It was my first time watching it. One shot that stood out to me was this one:

This picture could keep a philosopher busy for years!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Hurt Locker was very deserving as best picture. I think 5-10 years from now that will up up very well as best picture. (I wish they would reveal the complete voting to see how close it was and what came in second and so forth)
    Yup! Very good movie. Good that they basically cut the potential political messages out of this movie as that is surely not what it's about. Definitely a must-see IMHO.

I also saw "500 days (of summer)". Another very good movie IMHO, but I realise it's not for everybody. Note: this movie has an absolutely superb musical score. Loved it.

Just saw "Good" with Viggo Mortensen about a professor in literature who rights a novel about mercy killing of his story telling person then gets approached by the NAZI's in 1937 to work for them and his ideas are distorted into something absolutely horrendous and he in fact gets distorted along the way, though he does seem to realize in the end that he has helped create something horrific. A rather slow drama driven movie, but worth seeying for sure.

GI-Joe... haven't seen it (yet) and I'm glad about it, but I fear the day I can't escape it is nearing... I'm absolutely DREADING seeying this one.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

What's it about? I don't think I have ever heard of this title.

Quote Originally Posted by N8R View Post
    Gran Torino

Seen it before but I hadnt seen it in a while. I liked it more or at least the same amount the second time through. I was able to focus on the story more because I knew what was going to be coming up. Clint Eastwood is one racist ******* in this movie.
    AWESOME MOVIE! I can't understate this. Loved it when I first saw it and still loved it when I saw it the second time. Can't remember if it won anything, but it definitely should have and if it didn't that would have been a total shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    GI-Joe... haven't seen it (yet) and I'm glad about it, but I fear the day I can't escape it is nearing... I'm absolutely DREADING seeying this one.
    Why do that to yourself? I haven't seen it and I know ... for a FACT ... that it is a gigantic waste of time. Tell you what. Any time you feel like you are going to watch it, grab a coat or jacket and a book and leave the house. you will have 1000 times more fun. Come back after two hours and think of the torture you just avoided.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

What's it about? I don't think I have ever heard of this title.
    It's hard to describe. Think of it as a documentary without a narrator. They just compile all kinds of footage from modern life using aerial photography, long-distance "zoom" lenses and time-lapse photography to name just a few.

The original score was written and performed by Philip Glass.

Sound boring? It isn't. It is just as breathtaking today as it was when it was made 30 years ago.

Some people leave this film inspired. Others leave terrified. Others still feel lost. Some leave the film feeling cleansed.

Just let your mind go and take it in. You likely won't think of filmmaking the same again.

Why do that to yourself? I haven't seen it and I know ... for a FACT ... that it is a gigantic waste of time. Tell you what. Any time you feel like you are going to watch it, grab a coat or jacket and a book and leave the house. you will have 1000 times more fun. Come back after two hours and think of the torture you just avoided.
    Ever heard of the concept called "girlfriend"? .

Trust me I will do almost, almost everything to dodge this one

It's hard to describe. Think of it as a documentary without a narrator. They just compile all kinds of footage from modern life using aerial photography, long-distance "zoom" lenses and time-lapse photography to name just a few.

The original score was written and performed by Philip Glass.

Sound boring? It isn't. It is just as breathtaking today as it was when it was made 30 years ago.

Some people leave this film inspired. Others leave terrified. Others still feel lost. Some leave the film feeling cleansed.

Just let your mind go and take it in. You likely won't think of filmmaking the same again.
    Thx. I will see if I can see it sometime then .
    Last edited by Mourning; 03-14-2010 at 03:16 PM.

For me, Hurt Locker was good but I never thought I was watching an Oscar winner.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    For me, Hurt Locker was good but I never thought I was watching an Oscar winner.
    If I look at the oscar winners from the last 20 or 30 years, I can say half of them didn't deserve it. Case in point: what movie won when Pulp Fiction came out? Don't remember? Exactly.

Hurt Locker was fantastic. But it was a fantastic ACTION movie, a genre that almost never gets oscar gold. It won because the voters wanted to reward a smart, genuine, apolitical action movie.

But there were still politics in the vote. They also wanted the movie's female director to finally get her day.

OK, so I just looked it up, and BOY did I pick a bad year to use as an example.

1994:
    Best Picture
    WINNER Forrest Gump, Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch and Steve Starkey, producers (Paramount)
    Four Weddings and a Funeral, Duncan Kenworthy, producer (Gramercy)
    Pulp Fiction, Lawrence Bender, producer (Miramax)
    Quiz Show, Robert Redford, Michael Jacobs, Julian Krainin and Michael Nozik, producers (Buena Vista)
    The Shawshank Redemption, Niki Marvin, producer (Columbia)

EDIT - four weddings and a funeral? REALLY?!? WTF?!

OK, so I just looked it up, and BOY did I pick a bad year to use as an example.

1994:
    Best Picture
    WINNER Forrest Gump, Wendy Finerman, Steve Tisch and Steve Starkey, producers (Paramount)
    Four Weddings and a Funeral, Duncan Kenworthy, producer (Gramercy)
    Pulp Fiction, Lawrence Bender, producer (Miramax)
    Quiz Show, Robert Redford, Michael Jacobs, Julian Krainin and Michael Nozik, producers (Buena Vista)
    The Shawshank Redemption, Niki Marvin, producer (Columbia)

EDIT - four weddings and a funeral? REALLY?!? WTF?!
    Oscar nominees are like a box of chocolates.... You never know what.... nevermind....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I saw Alice in Wonderland too. I thought it was OK but like those above, I kept wishing that someone other than Disney could get their hands on it. I kept thinking that if you're going to do this really trippy and freaky version of Wonderland, what they should have done is let Guillermo Del Toro have it and give it the full Pan's Labyrinth style treatment. Now THAT would have been freaky.
    Tim Burton and Alice In wonderland were a perfect match, IMO.

Problem was..Tim Burton and Disney....not so much.

And thing is, Disney is capable of doing "older" movies..like Pirates, but this was clearly pretty much a kids movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcDeNo6KUs

As I really love Gladiator, this makes me excited. I hope it's good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trust me I will do almost, almost everything to dodge this one
    I'll just bump my thoughts for whenever you come close to watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I went in with the lowest expectations possible and to my surprise this movie...

Is more godawful than I could ever imagine. Worse than Transformers. Bad. As a matter of fact, the movie is playing right now and I'm typing this out because I cannot force myself to pay attention. May God have mercy on my soul.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

sweabs

American History X

...is just such a good movie. I don't know how many times I've seen it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sweabs For This Useful Post: