Page 219 of 349 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 8714

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Die Hard

for some reason i love to watch this movie at Christmas time every year. I'm thinking Home Alone will be what i watch next after watching the tonight show.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aero For This Useful Post:

Saw Avatar today.

Visually it was stunning, a masterpiece, technically it was a masterpiece. However I thought the story was weak, I was rooting for the suuposed "bad guys' to win in the end. The story, writing, acting, I thought was a huge disapointment, I really wanted to like this movie. I was bored for most of the movie, the story, the characters at no point drew me in.

Stunning visually like UncleBuck said but I really liked the story line and was pulled right into the movie. I wasn't bored I actually wanted to see more. At no time was a rooting for the "bad guys."

Great effects, the acting was good enough, I mean I wasnt too focused on the acting but I really really enjoyed the movie.

Zombieland

I was expecting so much more. Just dull, predictable and kinda lame. There were a bunch of cool kills and some funny parts but it was not worth the price of the movie theatre ticket.

I saw Avatar in 3D/IMAX.

I liked it.

And I certainly didn't root for the bad guys like a certain Admin of whom I'm suddenly extremely suspicious.

It was no masterpiece, but certainly a likable film with a lot of nice visuals.

This was my first time seeing a 3D movie (an actual movie, not a documentary or something like that), and the impact was very hit and miss. Sometimes it made things hard to watch and/or blurry, other times it gave a pretty good sense of depth. It was a net gain of 0, though. The good and the bad of watching it that way balanced each other out. I'd like to see it in "regular" format. Especially without the glasses.

I dunno, I loved it. It really drew me in, so much that I felt awful that the bad guys might win. I don't know how you could ever root for them.

Stunning visuals in 3d IMAX. Totally worth the extra money.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I was not going to bring this up because this is not the place for it, but because my rooting interest is being challenged, let me just say the mystical/environmental/trees are the source for everything good, man the source for everything bad turned me off a lot, plus the leader of the "bad guys' was so ovr the top, I just had to root for him.

However, I have seen movies that were even more overtly political and against my views, that I still liked a lot. So that wasn't really why I didn't love the movie.

I just don't like these kinds of movies. When I got home last evening and before the Pacers game started I watch Grand Torino and loved it as much as I did a year ago when I watched it the first time.

I am expecting most people to like Avatar, and I certainly don't hate it and generally I really like James Cameron's movies, so I hope this movie does well and beats Transformers II at the box office

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks for explaining. This is basically Cameron's environmentalist movie so I could get that' human's sucking would turn a few people off.

I didn't see it as "humans suck", but rather "industrialism leading to doing these kinds of acts sucks".

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Trees suck.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btowncolt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't see it as "humans suck", but rather "industrialism leading to doing these kinds of acts sucks".
    I saw it as "Hey guys, I'm just going to retell Pocahontas here, but it's gonna look absolutely visually stunning so you're cool with this being completely derivative and unoriginal right? I'll throw in a little Romeo & Juliet and some Matrix themes for kicks, cool? And everyone's blue."

Still, I really enjoyed the experience, if not the movie. Just unreal technology and it's hard to believe 2D movies will be made by Hollywood in 20 years.

Sorta felt like I was watching a Birth of a Nation-level breakthrough in film. Even had the same race war thread running through it.

I would recommend everyone see it. Great entertainment. Average movie.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JayRedd For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

State Of Play

I really enjoyed the movie. Didn't see the twist at the end coming at all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Saw Avatar today.

Visually it was stunning, a masterpiece, technically it was a masterpiece. However I thought the story was weak, I was rooting for the suuposed "bad guys' to win in the end. The story, writing, acting, I thought was a huge disapointment, I really wanted to like this movie. I was bored for most of the movie, the story, the characters at no point drew me in.
    Buck, you really are conservative to the core, huh? LOL.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Buck, you really are conservative to the core, huh? LOL.
    Go imperialism!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Meh. The writing was weak, the storyline was boring. I wasn't really even very enthralled by the visuals. (I didn't see it in 3D, though.)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post:

Saw Up in the Air with George Clooney. I really, really liked this movie and was thoroughly entertained. One of the best compliments I can ever give a movie is that I didn't want it to end. Great acting, great writing, everything about it was great. Certainly will get nominated for best picture and will probably win, Clooney will get nominated, as will the sreenplay and director and likely a couple of the supporting actors.

I was not bored for 1 minute and was completely engrossed in the story and the characters.

I am so glad they still make real movies about real people and normal situations

Will see it again for sure

I was not going to bring this up because this is not the place for it, but because my rooting interest is being challenged, let me just say the mystical/environmental/trees are the source for everything good, man the source for everything bad turned me off a lot, plus the leader of the "bad guys' was so ovr the top, I just had to root for him.

However, I have seen movies that were even more overtly political and against my views, that I still liked a lot. So that wasn't really why I didn't love the movie.

I just don't like these kinds of movies. When I got home last evening and before the Pacers game started I watch Grand Torino and loved it as much as I did a year ago when I watched it the first time.

I am expecting most people to like Avatar, and I certainly don't hate it and generally I really like James Cameron's movies, so I hope this movie does well and beats Transformers II at the box office
    See, this spells out exactly why I'm not interested in seeing this. I feel that I have to, just because of the 3D, but I fully expect to not like the film at all.

It's not like such a story would turn me off necessarily, Dances with Wolves is one of my all time favorites. Just what I've seen rubs me the wrong way.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I wish everyone would realize that Avatar is a space adventure movie about giant blue people.

Turn on conservative news and suddenly I'm led to believe that it's a propaganda film produced by Neo-Stalinists.

I can't stand all of the handwringing and outrage over the movie's supposed "message". It's a popcorn rated PG James Cameron movie! Next thing we're going to hear is how completely unfair he is to cyborgs, evil "companies" that want to use killer aliens as bio-weapons and, well, giant icebergs.

It's a stupid sci-fi movie.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 12-24-2009 at 04:23 PM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I wish everyone would realize that Avatar is a space adventure movie about giant blue people.

Turn on conservative news and suddenly I'm led to believe that it's a propaganda film produced by Neo-Stalinists.

I can't stand all of the handwringing and outrage over the movie's supposed "message". It's a popcorn rated PG James Cameron movie! Next thing we're going to hear is how completely unfair he is to cyborgs, evil "companies" that want to use killer aliens as bio-weapons and, well, giant icebergs.

It's a stupid sci-fi movie.
    I agree, and that was only about 5% of the reason why I didn't like it, as I said in my post I have seen a lot of other more overtly political movies that I enjoyed a great deal.

I mainly didn't like this movie because the story was weird and boring, the characters were either weird, boring or a stereotype, and certainly not interesting.

Up in the air on the other hand was an example of a movie I loved

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I also saw Up in the Air. It was outstanding, but had one flaw that I just can't get over. Let's just say that it has a No Country For Old Men move in it that completely betrayed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I also saw Up in the Air. It was outstanding, but had one flaw that I just can't get over. Let's just say that it has a No Country For Old Men move in it that completely betrayed me.
    I thought the ending was excellent, realistic and I thought rather clear.

I'm curious what you mean exactly - so if you have a chance PM me, although i'll only be online for about 10 more minutes

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just re-watched the new Star Trek movie, hoping to experience Avatar soon, but mostly looking forward to the Alice movie in March '10.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

streets ahead

I thought the ending was excellent, realistic and I thought rather clear.

I'm curious what you mean exactly - so if you have a chance PM me, although i'll only be online for about 10 more minutes
    Actually, I'm curious too LA ... so if you wouldn't mind posting here, that'd be swell.

With spoiler tags, please. I'd like to see the movie and I won't be able to for a while yet. I'm sure others would be appreciative as well. Thanks!