Page 214 of 348 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 8695

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

I absolutely hated the first transformers. I literally just wanted the movie to end the whole time. At least Wolverine held my attention for a solid 2 hours.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw the Transformers preview. I saw Megan Fox sitting on that motorcycle. That could be the entire movie and I would still pay 10 dollars to go see it on the big screen.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the Transformers preview. I saw Megan Fox sitting on that motorcycle. That could be the entire movie and I would still pay 10 dollars to go see it on the big screen.
    Yeah...the walkaway's pretty good, too.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't get what the fanboys and the critics hate...

IT IS A MOVIE ABOUT GIANT F'ING ROBOTS WHO CHANGE INTO VEHICLES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT FASTER THAN I CAN TYPE THIS AND THEY ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER.

Anyone who has ever watched the animated versions (any version), knows it is ridiculous. The whole plotline and story is preposterous and over the top.

But, I still love it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post

IT IS A MOVIE ABOUT GIANT F'ING ROBOTS WHO CHANGE INTO VEHICLES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT FASTER THAN I CAN TYPE THIS AND THEY ARE FIGHTING EACH OTHER.
    My only point is you can do a movie with all of that - and still make it a good movie IMO. I didn't expect Star Trek, Dark Knight, or Ironman to be realistic. But I expected them to be good movies - with some decent acting, some decent writing, some good action - and they all were - I have just never found any of Michael Bay's movies to have any of those things in them

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    My only point is you can do a movie with all of that - and still make it a good movie IMO. I didn't expect Star Trek, Dark Knight, or Ironman to be realistic. But I expected them to be good movies - with some decent acting, some decent writing, some good action - and they all were - I have just never found any of Michael Bay's movies to have any of those things in them
    I'll take it one step further - the success of transformers and Michael Bay assures of future crap like this getting greenlit without any kind of real script, acting or directing. It sets back the entire movie industry - right as we're slowly starting to establish that the best way to ensure box office success is a good script along with a big budget (i.e. UB's examples).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I don't get what the fanboys and the critics hate...

Anyone who has ever watched the animated versions (any version), knows it is ridiculous. The whole plotline and story is preposterous and over the top.

But, I still love it.
    There are too many unnecessary deviations from the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I'll take it one step further - the success of transformers and Michael Bay assures of future crap like this getting greenlit without any kind of real script, acting or directing. It sets back the entire movie industry - right as we're slowly starting to establish that the best way to ensure box office success is a good script along with a big budget (i.e. UB's examples).
    Last I heard, Bay was said to have renounced any attachment to a third film.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Last I heard, Bay was said to have renounced any attachment to a third film.
    according to his own website - its just bad rumor...he just wants a bit of vacation before getting back into it again.

its horrible though to see that he says screw the franchise, there is nothing that i like about it and i'm going to create it from scratch.

then he goes on to say that the movie is not for critics but for the fans...how is it going to be for the fans when he doesn't care what the fans think anyway? the dude acts like a total douche...

That just made me die a little inside.

The movie is for the casual action movie fan, not the TF fans.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

I liked it. But I am not a Transformers fan. I dont really remember the cartoons or any of the toys, just these movies. They are hokey, and poorly acted for the most part, and over the top and unbelieveable but that is mostly what I like about them. If movies stuck to the laws of the real world, I dont think i would like to watch movies as much as I do. I thought Shia LeBeouf was really good. I am a big fan of his work. I liked when he screamed like a girl. This movie had me laughing in the theatre which is more than some comedy movies can get from me. 7/10

He's Just Not That Into You

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know it is a total chick flick. I only watched it cause it was one of the few new movies I hadn't seen that was available on the flight from Auckland to Sydney. I actually didn't mind it. It was nothing new or great, but for a movie it held my attention and the acting was alright. It was mostly predictable but most movies are.

6/10

The Secret Life Of Bees

I didnt really know too much about this movie when I went to watch it. I knew Dakota Fanning was in it and i wanted to see her act. I like seeing if child actors can keep what made them famous. She was great in this role and this movie was actually really good. I think I went in with little knowledge of the plot and that helped. It was a slightly darker role for her but I really enjoyed this movie. One of the better ones I have seen in the last 50 I have watched. 8/10

Push

I remember when this movie was coming out in theatres and wanting to see it real badly but just not getting the chance. Once I saw it on the computer I remembered that I wanted to see it. I like movies where someone has super powers or mulitple people do. This movie was not very good however. I dont like the main actor. Dakota Fanning was actually in this one too which I didnt know. Not very well acted. Too tweenie boppish for my liking. The powers werent really explained and the plot was rather predicatable and stupid. 5/10

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Had it's moments but he can't hold a movie to himself. He is better for TV or a supporting role. 4.5/10

The Hangover

I havent seen such a funny movie in a long time. It held my attention for the entire movie and some of the lines were just instant classics. If you like this brand of humour and havent seen this yet, See it.

8.5/10

Oldboy

This is an asian film. I heard it was good so I watched it. It was well done and well acted but I kind of got a hint of the ending a little way through but it is a different one. I liked it overall but I think I was expecting it to be better. There were some great fight scenes in it. If you are looking for a movie you may not have seen yet, take a look at this one.

7.5/10

Hero

Wanted to see this when it was released a number of years ago but I just forgot about it. I thought it was going to be better. There were some cool fight scenes and cool effects but it just seemed like a bunch of movies instead of just one. A little to all over the place for my liking.

7.5/10

Braindead

Wow what a crazy movie. It got me into the Zombie genre again. It is a film done by Peter Jackson that is a New Zealand film. It starts off very very slowly and drags out but my goodness is the ending ever gory. It might be the gorriest zombie film I have ever seen. If you are a zombie movie fan or gory movie fan and havent seen this I highly recommend it.

8/10

Feast 1-3

I started with number 3 which was a bad move cause I didnt know what was going on but there was an alien anal rape scene and some tits in the movie so I figured I would go back to the first and watch them through. They are totally stupid and ridiculous but hey they held my attention. It never explains where the creates come from or why they are on earth but there is enough gore for anyone to enjoy.

5.5-6/10 for the 3 of them.

Last of the Living

Another New Zealand film that I watched cause I was in NZ. It is about 3 guys who are some of the last people who arent infected with a disease that turns you into a zombie like creature. They are lazy and just trying to live until they wander too far one day. I liked it a good amount. Good enough for a once over in the zombie genre.

7/10

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

I guess this is supposed to be the prequal to the other movies. It is too bad I didnt see the other ones. This was nothing special, a little predicatable and some of the effects were not very good. I think if I saw the others I might like this one more.

5.5/10

The Hurt Locker

I like the main actor in this one. There were some great war scenes and the plot was pretty good. The story seemed very believeable and I was entrenched in the story line for the entire film.

8/10

American Beauty

I rewatched it at one of the hostels along my travels. Still such a great movie. I always wish it was longer. I also like seeing tits in a movie so there is that.

8.5/10

Reservoir Dogs

I guess it is surprising that I hadnt seen this movie before to some people but some movies just have to wait. The build up was too much for me cause I did not really like this movie. It was too slow. I thought there would be more action but it seemed like there was just too much talking.

4/10