Page 210 of 344 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 8592

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Wolverine - 7/10

[A few spoilers about general plot points.]

It was dope. Dude with claws kicks some ***. Rinse and repeat. If that's what you're looking to see, you'll be cool with it.

Sure, there were a few unnecessary characters (did the Blob serve any purpose? He easily could have gotten that info in a different way). And, personally, I would have made the movie differently (cut Blob and shave off 10 minutes otherwise and extend Wolverine/Sabretooth's war days and/or show more of the elite mutant squad misadventures under Striker). But I feel like everyone who's panning this movie is just comparing it to the movie they wanted to see and not actually watching this objectively as the movie that was made. No, it's certainly not anywhere close to X2 or Ironman, but it's got pretty much non-stop fighting and has some truly unique action sequences -- and that's really the main thing you should be looking for when you pay money to go watch a movie about an indestructible 200-year-old man with a make-believe metal fused to his skeleton.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 05-26-2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

Angels & Demons ... C-
    Is it better than Da Vinci Code? Yes. Does that mean anything? Not really. Very little about the plot makes sense, but it looks good - clearly Ron Howard actually put some thought into the film this time around.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Angels & Demons ... C-
    Is it better than Da Vinci Code? Yes. Does that mean anything? Not really. Very little about the plot makes sense, but it looks good - clearly Ron Howard actually put some thought into the film this time around.

Spoiler Spoiler:
    I disagree completely. .. . I chose to read the book before seeing the movie today. The film completely ignores vast portions of the Dan Browns story ( not to mention tons of little historical nuggets which makes the book so good). I like The Da Vinci Code movie. It was brainy; movies that make one think are my cup of tea. "Angels and Demons" the film doesn't make you think. It is more concerned with being a summer blockbuster than it is the story that is was based off of.
    I obviously won't give up any spoilers but I will say that after Ron Howard's honest attempt to stick to the real story in the Da Vinci code book that this film is its own story entirely. I'm greatly disappointed.

The Curious Case of too f@#$^&% long.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    I disagree completely. .. . I chose to read the book before seeing the movie today. The film completely ignores vast portions of the Dan Browns story ( not to mention tons of little historical nuggets which makes the book so good). I like The Da Vinci Code movie. It was brainy; movies that make one think are my cup of tea. "Angels and Demons" the film doesn't make you think. It is more concerned with being a summer blockbuster than it is the story that is was based off of.
    I obviously won't give up any spoilers but I will say that after Ron Howard's honest attempt to stick to the real story in the Da Vinci code book that this film is its own story entirely. I'm greatly disappointed.
    Yeah, I've read both DaVinci and A&D, and seen the movie for DaVinci, and I didn't find any of them particularly thought provoking. I thought the books were OK airplane books, but nothing more.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - This has been on my iPod for months, but I finally watched it. There was some funny stuff, but I've reached my saturation point on the guy from HIMYM. Fortunately, some of the surrounding characters were likable, and it's never a bad thing to see Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis get a lot of screen time. I also thought the Aldous Snow character was pretty well drawn and Russell Brand did a good job with it.

The Vampire Musical was a complete non-starter, though.
    Last edited by count55; 05-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.

State of Play - pretty good - not great though.

Also saw Valkyrie finally saw this movie and really liked it. It seemed a little bit rushed though, especially at the crucial point in the movie. It could have been better. The movie wasn't as good as the subject matter

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    State of Play - pretty good - not great though.

Also saw Valkyrie finally saw this movie and really liked it. It seemed a little bit rushed though, especially at the crucial point in the movie. It could have been better. The movie wasn't as good as the subject matter

I like Valkyrie but I agree. There were more attempts to assassinate Hitler as well. But I thought it was close to the reality of the situation.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Punisher: War Zone

This made the first Punisher flick (well, technically the second...well, both, really) look like a Disney flick. Very gory with some creative kill scenes. Pretty over-the-top, with generic villain fare, but an entertaining movie, nonetheless. Pretty much the polar opposite of the Jane flick, which was more story-driven, while this was more about the action and kills. I guess that's really what the Punisher is all about, anyway.

6.5/10

sweabs

Doubt

Really good. I love Streep...she does a great job as always in this film.

Terminator: Salvation

Pretty good. The special effects are top notch and the acting is solid. It starts off a little slow, but gets more action-oriented toward the finish line.

The main problem is that we were already made privy to most of this story in the early Terminator flicks, so it's more about seeing it unfold on-screen, leaving few surprises to fans of the series.

Also, maybe my memory is a bit off, but the continuity seems a bit wonky in this film.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

8/10

sweabs

Glory Road

Pretty good, I suppose.

Hulk vs. Wolverine

Animated flick. It was decent, good voice actor for Wolverine, the others were decent. Deadpool was funny. I hated the cop-out ending, though.

6/10

Hulk vs. Thor

Another animated flick. Thought the story and animation was a little better than in the Wolverine one. I found it humorous that they blatantly ripped off some of the dialogue of the famous Optimus Prime/Megatron battle from the '86 animated movie. I am one of maybe a handful of people that will notice that.

6.5/10

Doubt I really, really liked this movie. 4 great performances by the 4 main actors. I can see why each was nominated for an Oscar. The movie really made me think - but not all that much about did he do it or didn't he do it - I figured that was going to be the whole movie - but really it was about sooo much more.

I was never bored once during this movie

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Angels and Demons........I liked it but would put it on the level of National Treasure for entertainment/intellectual level. The parachute was very UNbelievable as was much of this production. Geezer Jr and I saw this together....he loved it.

Star Trek......the wife and I really enjoyed but much of the humor was lost on Geezerette who has NEVER seen 1 episode or movie involving the original cast. She kept wondering where Capt. Pickard was. Geezer Jr. loved it....but he loves ANY movie.

Saw them both on Sunday.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Pretty good. The special effects are top notch and the acting is solid. It starts off a little slow, but gets more action-oriented toward the finish line.

The main problem is that we were already made privy to most of this story in the early Terminator flicks, so it's more about seeing it unfold on-screen, leaving few surprises to fans of the series.

Also, maybe my memory is a bit off, but the continuity seems a bit wonky in this film.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

8/10
    I would give it a better rating, maybe an 8.5 or a 9. It was really good, and it gave the fans finally a long look into the story's future. This is something I've wanted to see all along.

Mood

Doubt 4/5

Annie Hall 4/5

Manhattan 5/5

Special

Never heard of it until i searched for movies in 2007 and imdb gave it over a 7/10. i really liked it. Check it out.

Mood

Leatherheads 8.5/10

Finally saw it. It was very good. It had some very funny parts to it as well.

However, Renee Zellweger's part could've been played by anyone. That includes Shade or a chimp.

Mood

Blackhawk Down- This is not a good movie to watch for Veterans who were deployed to Somalia. Just wanted to warn anyone out there like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Spoiler Spoiler:

8/10
    I didn't like it at all - horrible dialogue. I will say the final 1/3 of the movie was better than the first 2/3, but still.

Edit - actually the more I consider this movie the less and less I like it. I found myself several times during the movie chuckling to myself and not in a good way. At no point in time did I give a hoot about what I was watching - except that I was sooo glad it was over. I guess I hated it. How about a story next time - oh please don't be another Terminator movie - please - I'll watch the 1983 version for the 10th time before I watch another one of these -
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 06-01-2009 at 08:56 AM.

Up

Excellent flick. I had heard how funny it was, but the "sub-story" actually made me tear up a couple of times. Well written, well animated, and in 3D. What more could you want?

8.5/10

Mood

Donnie Darko - 4/5

Liked it. Probably warrants a second viewing.

Donnie Darko is amazing. I still need to see the sequel just to see how they pulled it off.

Land of the Lost (2009)

Better than I thought it would be, though that's not saying much. Cheesy and over-the-top, but what Will Ferrell movie isn't? Had some pretty funny parts.

7/10