Page 205 of 348 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 8695

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    comparable to the original?
    It's been so long since I've seen the original that I don't remember it too well. I'm planning on hunting down a copy and watching it soon, though. I'll write up a comparison then.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I let it slip to a friend that I had not seen any of the films or read any of the books, so now she's making me watch all the films this week.

It wasn't exactly what I expected, which is a good thing. Good movie, a lot of attention to detail was done, though I figured out much of the ending well before the end.

7.5/10

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

My favorite one of the series so far. I almost figured out the ending of this one too, though it was a bit harder. I was on the right track.

8/10

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I didn't like this one quite as much as the first two, but it was also the third one I had seen in a row, and it was 7am so I was pretty tired. The ending seemed to drag out a bit more than I would have liked. But it was still good.

7/10

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I think my rating on this is probably a bit incomplete, as it is the first HP film that is not entirely self-contained, and I have not yet seen the Order of the Phoenix. The first two movies seemed to move at a good pace, but the next two, particularly this one, felt a bit too dragged out.

7/10

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Oh I almost forgot. Race to Witch Mountain I realize it is probably geared towards 10-12 year old males. But it was really bad and I felt insulted that they actually charged me to sit through such a dreadful movie. Wasn't worth a Saturday morning TV show.
    What on God's green earth possessed you to see that?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

I think my rating on this is probably a bit incomplete, as it is the first HP film that is not entirely self-contained, and I have not yet seen the Order of the Phoenix. The first two movies seemed to move at a good pace, but the next two, particularly this one, felt a bit too dragged out.

7/10

You need to read the books. There's no way the 2nd should be your favorite.

In general I've thought the books were >>> movies, but that doesn't mean I'm still excited about the 6th movie (which should have been out by now )
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Swing Vote.

Not bad, although about mid way through the movie I wanted the Daughter to come down with a case of the flu or something. (God how annoying)

Anyway it was entertaining and if you have nothing else to do it would be worth a watch.

The Grey Zone

Its rare that I would recommend a movie about a German concentration camp where nobody spoke German. Even more rare would be me suggesting anyone see a movie with David Arquette but The Grey Zone is good enough to overcome both.

The tension starts in the opening moments of this film & seldom lets up. The film takes place almost entirely in the camp with death everywhere & just moments away for everyone. The hopelessness & urgenency of those in the camp comes across early and remains, non-stop through out.

I much prefer films that take place in foreign countries to use the native language but this movie is so overwhelmingly powerful that I will let it slide.

The Grey Zone also stars Steve Buscemi, Harvey Keitel, Mira Sorvino & Daniel Benzali

7/10
    Like Suave said, you need to read the books.

The books are a 1000x better, and that's not hyperbole. As the series went along, the books got bigger. (The OoTP is the longest, but the following two after are pretty good sized as well) The details that the movies leave out are huge, and very important later. As entertainment, the movies are good.

I wish they would have made them longer though. People will sit through a 3hr movie, if it needs to be that long. HP needs to be that long. I was very pleased when I found out that the Deathly Hollows was going to be split into two films. That book pulls in information from the first 6 that, at times, you thought was completely trival.

I'll stop now because I can go on all day, and I'll probably ruin something for you.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

My new fave. Plenty of action, dark atmosphere, and Dumbledore vs. Voldemort.

8/10

Uncle Buck

Classic, and still fun to watch after all these years. Can't beat it for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart.

9/10

Knowing

Great edge of your seat psychological drama...

Around the Bend

"Eagle Eye"

Popcorn movie all the way. Don't expect too much and it'll help you fill a couple of hours. The plausibility meter goes off the deep end. It's hard to really believe some of the things that happen early, and it doesn't get much more believable as it goes on. It's too over the top to really make you think Big Brother is that capable or that this is anything to worry about in reality.

If you go in expecting a thought-provoking thriller then you will be sadly disappointed. The more thought you put into it, the more you're likely to say "Oh ~right~" and finally turn it off.

A large portion of the movie is SUPPOSEDLY taking place in Indianapolis.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I Love You, Man- I thought it was quite funny and well done
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

Tough movie to watch.

Sure, you have to get past the British accents for a Holocaust film...but the story makes up for it. The acting is superb.

What a sad film though. The youthful innocence exhibited throughout the movie is what made this particular Holocaust story stand out amongst others. It's saddening to watch a film through this perspective.

Towards the end of the film, I'm watching at the end of my seat but realize, what exactly am I rooting for? Would it make things any better? This film messed with me. I can't say much more than it's extremely tragic and sad. It leaves you with a sick taste in your mouth.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Killshot

meh - lackluster at best.

Sweabs

I was really looking forward to seeing The Boy In The Striped Pajamas & I was just really put off by the lack of even an attempt at German accents. I gave up after about 5 minutes because I just couldn't "buy" the movie.

I knew going in, that The Grey Zone would be like that as well, considering the actors that I knew were in the movie.

I couldn't tell you why I liked one & gave up on the other.

Eraserhead.....I, uh, its really about, well sort of like, maybe close to.....there is no description for Eraserhead.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Eraserhead.....I, uh, its really about, well sort of like, maybe close to.....there is no description for Eraserhead.
    Yeah, I don't really get it, either. Weird, weird movie. I watched it last semester for my independent film class, and even though it was explained what it was supposed to mean, I still didn't get it.

All of David Lynch's stuff is dark and weird. And full of dirt.

Dr. Horribles' Sing Along Blog - A friend of mine loaned it to me.

Started off slow but was surprisingly entertaining. I bet Fillion had a blast doing that.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Sweabs

I was really looking forward to seeing The Boy In The Striped Pajamas & I was just really put off by the lack of even an attempt at German accents. I gave up after about 5 minutes because I just couldn't "buy" the movie.

I knew going in, that The Grey Zone would be like that as well, considering the actors that I knew were in the movie.

For some reason, this never bothers me. However, if you are a German speaker, I can totally see how it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    For some reason, this never bothers me. However, if you are a German speaker, I can totally see how it would.
    I fail to see how German accented English is more authentic than English accented English, when they're both not actually speaking German.

I minutiae like that is such a large distraction, then it tells me that either the movie isn't very good, or I'm just not very interested in the movie itself.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Uncle Buck

Classic, and still fun to watch after all these years. Can't beat it for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart.

9/10
    +1