Page 196 of 346 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Step Brothers

Funny

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Pretty good. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was superior though.

X-Files: I Want to Believe

Not that good. I liked the first movie better.

Gran Torino

All I knew going in was that this was going to be a good movie and it most certainly was. Highly recommended.

Unborn - truly horrible, awful. Wasn't my choice to see it in the first place.

Hope to see both Frost/Nixon and Gran Torino over the next week.

I also hope more of you will go see Slumdog Millionaire after it won the Golden Globe for best movie of the year. I'm sure it will be nominated for an Oscar and should be favored to win. I know many people don't like the award winning type movies because they are usually too serious, even depressing and sure there are times during the movie that are very serious, but when it is all over it is a feel good movie that even though I saw it over a month ago - it is still vivid in my mind and I like the movie more now than I did right after I saw it
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-12-2009 at 04:16 PM.

What was bad about Unborn: the movie it self? the writing? lack of scariness or just overall stupid and cheesy?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman8r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was bad about Unborn: the movie it self? the writing? lack of scariness or just overall stupid and cheesy?
    Let me see, yes, yes, yes, yes and actually no - it wasn't even cheesy fun.

It was boring, it explained everything instead of just showing it - the lead did a horrible job - it was really bad, only good thing is that it was only about 80 minutes long

well I wont go to see that one then. Some of the scenes looked scary in the previews but I bet they were the only ones.

well I wont go to see that one then. Some of the scenes looked scary in the previews but I bet they were the only ones.
    Yeah, the previews/trailer wasn't bad

"Shaun of the Dead"

Ho Hum... I expected more. I didn't think it was all that clever or funny. I guess I just didn't get it....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    "Shaun of the Dead"

Ho Hum... I expected more. I didn't think it was all that clever or funny. I guess I just didn't get it....
    I've always felt when it comes to that movie, the weird Brit humor is supposed to be trendy, so people think they should like it and gave it positive reviews even though it isn't funny. I'm with you. I was expecting Monty Python type funny and was thouroughly unimpressed. I thought maybe they just had a bad go of it when they made that move, so I gave them another chance and Hot Fuzz was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I've always felt when it comes to that movie, the weird Brit humor is supposed to be trendy, so people think they should like it and gave it positive reviews even though it isn't funny. I'm with you. I was expecting Monty Python type funny and was thouroughly unimpressed. I thought maybe they just had a bad go of it when they made that move, so I gave them another chance and Hot Fuzz was even worse.
    Really? It's one of my favorite movies and I laughed my *** off during.

I liked Hot Fuzz, but the chunks I've seen of Shaun didn't do much of anything for me.

I thought Shaun of the Dead was good but I wouldn't call it a comedy. I thought it was just a good humourous Zombie movie.

Nerd.
    Mood

Taken

I've always liked Liam Neeson. I enjoyed the movie. Liam went Jack Bauer and Jason Bourne on multiple people throughout the movie.

Caught Gran Torino at a matinee. Good show - not great but solid. Eastwood is outstanding. I thought some of the supporting performances were pretty mediocre though - especially the priest.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I thought the kid in the movie was a poor actor and his sister too. I thought Eastwood carried the movie acting wise, everyone else was either mediocre or worse. Great movie though.

I thought the kid in the movie was a poor actor and his sister too. I thought Eastwood carried the movie acting wise, everyone else was either mediocre or worse. Great movie though.
    Except the gang-bangers - they were OK. Everyone else behaved like plastic people.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I thought some of the gangbangers were alright but still they were too stereotypical and it just seemed forced. The Tao kid and his sister were the worst by far though.

"King of Kong"

I don't know who was geekier... the people this documentary focused on or me for watching it and liking it at least somewhat. It was a little slow, probably could've been a little funnier (especially at the expense of many of the people in the film but the film didn't do that to them). I kept thinking to myself this was like a documentary about Trekkies except it would be a film that took the Trekkies seriously.

I don't know the background on the film (who produced it, directed it, etc) so I don't know if someone was being sly and letting the viewer make their own jokes or it was meant as a bit of a PR piece for 'competitive gaming' and the 'twin galaxy' website.

It was kind of neat seeing the old arcade games in action... but then there was an element of me thinking "so that's what happened if you got addicted to those things"... Some of those people were ummmm....pathetic.

I'm sure this doc isn't for everybody. ...And I'm also sure it's another one of those DVD's you don't want to rent/buy and plan your evening around. But if you have any interest in arcade games of the 80's (Donkey Kong, PacMan, Defender, etc) then you might at least tolerate this.

EDIT:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 01-18-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I'm with you on this one. I really liked this movie aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    [B]
    Gone Baby Gone

One of the best movies I've seen in awhile... I'm always a sucker for a 'thinking' movie (like Sleepers) and I'm not talking about the actual plot twists. I'm talking about the parts where....

Spoiler Spoiler:

and more importantly...

Spoiler Spoiler:
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The Wrestler

Good stuff.

Mall Cop: Actually entertaining and had some funny moments in there. Probably not for everybody.

Gran Torino

Pretty good, though I can't help but wonder if it was exactly what I did or did not need to experience right now. I've been shaken up lately at the thought of my own mortality.

Gran Turino - Really good, I thought the kids did good jobs. Especially since they weren't actors.

The Unborn - Horrible. Hot girls though.

7 Pounds - Not bad but not really that great. It was too much of the one girl when it should have been more about the other people.

The Wrestler - Pretty good but a little depressing. Kind of over-rated too.

Slumdog Millionaire - It's a really good but the end makes it great. You definitely need to see it.
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; 01-18-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I know what you mean. I liked it, but not because it was all that funny. (Although there were a few really funny moments.)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

On Shaun of the Dead...

I was kinda disappointed in it but, I think it was the expectations going in more than the quality of the movie. Couple that with the fact that I don't watch a lot of of zombie movies, so there were some things that I didn't notice or couldn't enjoy. However the movie itself works on many levels so that's why I would recommend it.

Hot Fuzz...

I really liked it, maybe because I've seen many of the cop movies or movie twists that they spoofed. I liked both movies because they're in the Galaxy Quest mold, in that it's light hearted spoof/satire that you can watch without having to watch what they're parodying first.