Page 195 of 348 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 8699

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather enjoyed that.

She's badass.
    As a film, or documentry, it was fine.

The content of the film was both disturbing and reaffirming to me at the same time.

Bee Movie

KEY CHAIN!!!!

Enemy of the State - picked up the DVD yesterday to replace my VHS. It's an extended version and for the most part you can see why they cut what they did for the theatrical. Jack Black has a Nanny monologue that's just 2 lines in the theatrical version and gives the same message. Unfortunately, the DVD doesn't give a theatrical/extended choice. Guess I'll have to live with it.

Really like this movie - this is where Will Smith excels - in a role where he can give quick back-and-forth dialogue.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I kind of went in thinking I wouldn't like it after reading the reviews from the other PDers so my mind was wide open. I liked it more than I thought I would. It is much too long but I couldn't really predict the movie so I enjoyed that aspect. I wouldn't call it one of the best movies of 08 though.

Also sweabs when you watch the movie there are two audio tracks. at the mid point of the movie the audio cuts out and you have to switch to Track Two. I use VLC to watch movies and I can just select it from a menu. Don't know which program you use though.

7 Pounds Pretty predictable, but still somewhat enjoyable. I'd wait for the DVD.

Slumdog Millionaire

All I heard about this movie was that it was good. I didn't know what the plot was going to be, where it was going to take place or that there would be a sweet dance number after the movie while the credits were getting started. Turns out it is about an Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the story behind how the main character Jamal knows the answers. A very different style of telling a story and I was thoroughly entertained.

Doubt - 9/10

Impeccable on all counts. Meryl Streep will soon have her third gold statue. Just see it.

Capote - 8/10

My PSH mission continues and, yup, he's indeed pretty good here too. I had actually seen Infamous already about a year ago (which is inexplicably the exact same movie and came out about six months after this one) and I was really wondering how Hoffman could actually put together a better Truman Capote than Toby Jones did. But it soons becomes incredible clear that, while Toby did a much better impression of Capote, PSH had a much better depth of character whose descent into a shell of a man was borderline frightening.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Really liked it. Completely unique movie, very memorable. sure a little long, but very effective. Not great. but I was never bored. I think it is probably most comparable to Forrest Gump and that was a better movie. But the aging backwards thing was facinating to me

Overal I certainly liked Slumdog Millionaire more
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-05-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Four Christmases

It was alright. Nothing too special. Pretty predictable for the most part.

Bangkok Dangerous

The Nicolas Cage version. It was alright. There seemed to be parts of the movie that didnt really tie into the rest of it. Interesting ending though, didnt really see it coming. Cage looked like a fool with the long hair he had.

I watched Defiance, with Daniel Craig, last night. Pretty good show, maybe not on the level as some of the other war movies like Saving Private Ryan, but worth seeing.

Bolt

A very good family film. I enjoyed it.

Iron Man

Finally got a chance to see it. I liked it a lot. I liked it better than...

The Dark Knight

Dang good movie, but if I was going to watch one of the two again, it would be Iron Man. It was definitely intense from beginning to end. I was a little worried that it would be too intense for my 11 year old son, but the only side effect seems to be a new habit of flipping a coin when he needs to make decisions. (true)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Wrestler

It lives up to the hype, and Mickey Rourke's performance is certainly oscar-nomination-worthy. However, it's slow-moving and depressing as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Really liked it. Completely unique movie, very memorable. sure a little long, but very effective. Not great. but I was never bored. I think it is probably most comparable to Forrest Gump and that was a better movie. But the aging backwards thing was facinating to me

Overal I certainly liked Slumdog Millionaire more

UB, earlier I meant to add that you would probably like it if you liked Gump, because as I was watching the movie I realized it irritated me in all the same ways that Gump did. And then I found out the same dude wrote it.

I think that's gonna be my line on the movie: If you like Gump, you'll like Button. And most people loved Gump, so I'm probably pretty alone on this one.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

The Wrestler

I agree with Dabney's statement. I enjoyed it a lot and it was good to see another movie that I really didnt know what was going to happen. The ending left me wanting more.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Enemy of the State - picked up the DVD yesterday to replace my VHS. It's an extended version and for the most part you can see why they cut what they did for the theatrical. Jack Black has a Nanny monologue that's just 2 lines in the theatrical version and gives the same message. Unfortunately, the DVD doesn't give a theatrical/extended choice. Guess I'll have to live with it.

Really like this movie - this is where Will Smith excels - in a role where he can give quick back-and-forth dialogue.
    Great movie, it still holds up well ten years later, maybe more relevant today.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

streets ahead

Little Children - 8/10
    what, no one took the "JayRedd" "Little Children" softball? you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Doubt - 9/10

Impeccable on all counts. Meryl Streep will soon have her third gold statue. Just see it.
    saw it a couple weeks ago. i'd give it a B+.

very good performances from the leads, though at the beginning it felt as if meryl streep was in a completely different film than adams and hoffman. but as for an amazing performance? viola davis stole the film from streep.

Watched some docs through Netflix On Demand (or whatever they call it) on my X-Box:

Overnight Details the meteoric rise and precipitous fall of Troy Duffy, director of The Boondock Saints. I always thought Saints was a mediocre film at best, but the chaos surrounding the film that this doc reveals makes it amazing that it was even that good. Duffy is like the old train wreck adage - you just can't look away - as he destroys all his good fortune through sheer megalomania.

Confessions of a Superhero Follows the people that dress up as superheroes and stand in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre, posing for pictures with tourists for money (I had no idea such a vocation even existed). The four characters that the doc focuses on all have dreams of making it big in Hollywood, and most of them are pretty delusional - but the doc doesn't mock them at all. Very interesting personality profiles.

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room I never understood exactly what happened with the whole Enron scandal (I was only about 17 when it all happened), and this doc does a good job of explaining it in layman's terms. It's pretty shocking what Enron got away with for so long.

In addition, I actually left the house once last weekend to go see a fictional movie...

Seven Pounds Kind of disappointing, because I had high expectations. I figured out what Will Smith's character was planning before the title (which is bad, since I'm terrible at predicting what's going to happen). It focuses almost exclusively on his relationship with one of the seven strangers, and glosses over the rest, to its detriment. My friend also thought the whole thing was creepy and unethical, which I can understand. And...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Gone Baby Gone

One of the best movies I've seen in awhile... I'm always a sucker for a 'thinking' movie (like Sleepers) and I'm not talking about the actual plot twists. I'm talking about the parts where....

Spoiler Spoiler:

and more importantly...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gran Torino
    Amazing
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

"Gran Torino"

I loved it. Excellent.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Lucky Number Slevin

It was woven nicely. I enjoyed it

Rock N' Rolla

Not what I was expecting but pretty good nonetheless. I thought there would be more action and violence but there seemed to be too much cleverness and trickery. I think the movie was trying to hard to be sneaking.

Marley & Me

It was a good movie. Pretty much what I expected but I wouldnt classify it as a comedy which I thought it was supposed to be. Had me tearing up.