Page 19 of 346 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #451
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Shawshank is a great movie.

  2. #452
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Revenge of the Sith

    I'll post my thoughts in one of the other ROTS threads when I get a chance.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #453
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I saw Revenge of the Sith this afternoon. Awsome.

  4. #454
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I can't believe there are still people who haven't seen Shawshank. Easily one of my top 3 favourite movies of all time.

    Anyway, I saw Cinderella Man 2 nights ago. Good movie, classic fairy-tale.

  5. #455
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe there are still people who haven't seen Shawshank. Easily one of my top 3 favourite movies of all time.



    We got it exchanged today, I'll likely watch it pretty soon.

    Probably sometime after ACT's Saturday.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  6. #456
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How was it? As good as Dogtown and Z Boys?
    It was ok. I Thought that Emile Hersh (sp?) and Heath Ledger were good in it. However, I wouldn't see it again if I had a choice.

  7. #457
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    2001: A Space Odyssey.

    One Kubrick film after the other.

    I liked Dr. Strangelove better than this, but this one was still enjoyable. The effects are amazing for being made in 1968. It's also one of those movies that doesn't tell you what exactly what is what, and I like that every once in a while. Makes for interesting conversations.

    If you haven't seen this though, be warned that it might rub you the wrong way because it is a very slow movie with very little dialogue.

  8. #458
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    both strangelove and 2001 are two of my favoritte Kubrick films. However,I would say that my personal favoritte is A Clockwork Orange. I love the message it discussess,and see it as his best work. That being said it is 2001 is also a great film. especially with its limited dialogue. I always liked the fact that it has so little dialogue.

  9. #459
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just saw "Papparazzi". Nothing special, nice to see once and that's it.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  10. #460
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I saw ROTS agian today. Went with my wife yesterday and a friend today. Even if you just have a small interest in the movie, it is one you have to see at least once for the Sp. Effects. Especially the opening battle sequence.

  11. #461
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  12. #462

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Sleepless in Seattle....man I love this movie
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #463
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie
    Daaaaamn, Bu˝uel. Never thought I'd see one of his films mentioned here. What did you think?

  14. #464
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daaaaamn, Bu˝uel. Never thought I'd see one of his films mentioned here. What did you think?
    It was something. Started out kind of odd and then got downright bizarre. But no matter how bizarre it got, they kept going through the motions.

    I got some chuckles out of it. Some of it made me scratch my head.

    It put my wife to sleep pretty quickly.......

    And those people have to be starving. They never get to eat and they keep trudging down the road to nowhere......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #465
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was something. Started out kind of odd and then got downright bizarre. But no matter how bizarre it got, they kept going through the motions.

    I got some chuckles out of it. Some of it made me scratch my head.

    It put my wife to sleep pretty quickly.......

    And those people have to be starving. They never get to eat and they keep trudging down the road to nowhere......
    That's the movie in a nutshell, metaphorically speaking. Funny about your wife.

  16. #466

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Lady Snowblood & Lady Snowblood: Love Song Of Vengeance

  17. #467

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "Almost Famous," again. It's ridiculous how many times I've seen that movie.

  18. #468
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Almost Famous," again. It's ridiculous how many times I've seen that movie.
    Have you seen Untitled, the director's cut? So much better than the theatrical release. It's a different movie.

  19. #469
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I just saw "Crash" tonight in the theaters.

    I knew the reviews were good and I had heard it was an excellent movie, but I must admit I did not expect it to be that good.

    I had heard it was about race relations in LA. I thought well how entertaining could that be.

    The movie pulls you in a within 20 minutes and you really care about the characters and there are a lot of characters in this movie. There were about 4 or 5 scenes that I'll never forget. Great writing, great acting, great directing. So many excellent performances.

    One of the best things I can ever say about a movie is I did not want it to end, I wanted to know what happened next to the characters. It is rare indeed when I feel like that

    I cannot recommend it enough.

  20. #470
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Watched Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.

    Thought it was good.

  21. #471
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Almost Famous," again. It's ridiculous how many times I've seen that movie.
    I love that movie.

  22. #472
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw "Crash" tonight in the theaters.

    I knew the reviews were good and I had heard it was an excellent movie, but I must admit I did not expect it to be that good.

    I had heard it was about race relations in LA. I thought well how entertaining could that be.

    The movie pulls you in a within 20 minutes and you really care about the characters and there are a lot of characters in this movie. There were about 4 or 5 scenes that I'll never forget. Great writing, great acting, great directing. So many excellent performances.

    One of the best things I can ever say about a movie is I did not want it to end, I wanted to know what happened next to the characters. It is rare indeed when I feel like that

    I cannot recommend it enough.
    I REALLY want to see "crash", but I can't seem to make time to go to the theatre. It looks like my kind of movie.

    BTW, Just got done with Garden State. I love a restrained movie. Braniff could have gone over the top a dozen times, but his restraint and faith that the audience will "get it" without spelling everything out for them was comforting. Natalie Portman was her usual wonderful, strong, yet wounded, yet clever, yet knowing self. I can't imagine the movie without her. I think it's a wonderful movie that makes you think about the self generated inertia in one's life. Not a "wow" movie, but one that stays with you and is ultimately pretty uplifting and satisfying in a non-cliche way.

  23. #473
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Manchurain Candidate (2004) the original is better but the new one isn't that bad.

  24. #474
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manchurain Candidate (2004) the original is better but the new one isn't that bad.
    I love the original. That is truely a creepy film.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  25. #475
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I entirely agree; both movies have great casts, but the Frankenheimer version is a exetremly creepy, what with the symbol is of the queen of spades, and the mother. In the new one the mother thing is there, but it it entirley redone to fit todays political landscape, and while that is cool, it isn't as unique as the first one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •