Page 182 of 346 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Kristen Bell is ridiculously hot.

Saw Flash of Genius I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nick and Norah

Quite entertaining...I wish I lived in NYC...

American Carol.

It was about what I expected it to be, however it was not as good as I had hoped for. But I kind of knew what I was going to get going in so any dissapointment in the film is really my own fault.

Some funny parts, however hardly anything that will stick with you.

The rocker. Kind of a poor man's School of Rock, but I still enjoyed it.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

Balls of Fury

Not very funny, not very good. I would not recommend this.

The Bucket List

I had downloaded this months ago but never got around to watching it for one reason or another. I initially downloaded it on the advise of Mr Rcarey and it turned out to be great advise for this movie was well worth the watch. Very good.

Eagle Eye

It was alright. Nothing too special but I did enjoy it.

Iron Man

ummmm ummmmmm wasen't bad but wasen't anything special... but it just reminded me too much of Transformers and coulden't get in to it, just coulden't get in to it...

Like the first half was good but once they built the second suit... YAWN !!

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

It is very good. I enjoy it thoroughly.

Death Race

I really didnt expect too much out of this movie. I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining it was. A few nice plot changes and some very violent scenes. Some was very predictable but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Boy A

Dont know if anyone else has even heard of this movie. I only did when I was trying to find some movies to download and I came across this titled and looked it up on IMDB.com. it is about a boy who committed murder when he was a young teenager and is locked up. The movie starts with his release and just trying to hide who he is.

I believe it was filmed over in Britain but it is for sure filmed in Europe. I liked it more than I thought I would. Holds your attention to the end. Some slow spots but overall enjoyable.

The Strangers

As it was leading up I was very scared, didnt help that i watched it by myself, in my basement in the dark. Just very creepy. Good if you enjoy a good scare.

streets ahead

from the last month or so...

Miller's Crossing ... B
    this is one coen bros movie i had never taken the time to watch before. it's an interesting combination of a gangster movie and film noir. it's hard to get into the film during the first 20 minutes - it is the type of movie you have to sort out after it has finished. some moments were kind of tedious but there were interesting performances from gabriel byrne, albert finney and john turturro.

Fear X ... C-
    i don't really know how to feel about this. there seemed to be a hint of a good movie or at least part of one buried within it. but for the most part it ends up being just un-compelling and slow. turturro is at least reliably okay.

Religulous ... B+
    does it change the genre of documentary? hardly. is it fair? not really. does it fall apart in the final five minutes? absolutely. is it funny? you betcha. being agnostic, i tend to agree with his general thesis - so take that for what it's worth. i went to see it with a jewish friend and she enjoyed it as well. i think there probably was a genuine documentary lost somewhere in the hours of footage. mostly maher is going around the world playing the "look at this whackjob" card. reviews seem to be mixed, but it seems that when you start looking at the film not necessarily about religion but a film about bill maher's version of religion it's easier to enjoy.

Eagle Eye ... D-
    i went in not expecting to enjoy but this movie was highly entertaining... in a much different way than was ever intended. i spent 90% of the movie laughing my *** off. this movie is mind-numbingly implausible and stunningly retarded. it rips the plot from the matrix, phone booth and 2001. anything redeemable? the film is a laugh riot

Miracle at St. Anna ... C+
    i really wanted to like this film. i did. but i couldn't. there are lots of great moments, but the film is infuriatingly unfocused. too much time is spent on characters that really mean very little (or in the case of john leguizamo absolutely nothing) to the story. i give it a C+ because despite the problems, Spike clearly had a vision and a story that he wanted told on his terms - and he did that, clearly without the interference of an editor.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 10-15-2008 at 01:57 AM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

"Rambo"

I have now got my fill of decapitations and carnage for the month. As action flicks go, this one was alright. Mindless, but certainly not dull. I'm pretty sure it holds the record for most decapitations, guttings, limbs flying off, etc in movies I have watched.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

The Hustler - 10/10
    Caught this randomly on TMC last night for about the 30th time and it's still in my Top 5 all-time. Paul Newman at his best. RIP.

Patton - 8.5/10
    Then right after (on another channel even) comes another George C. Scott masterpiece. I actually fell asleep before the end, but I've seen it a bunch too. The movie itself has several flaws actually, but George C. Scott (I feel like you have to spell out his entire name on each reference) is just great. "2000 years ago...I was here."

* Following atc's lead, I'll start ranking these. Because he's sort of a boner, however, I shall use numbers.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 10-14-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Blindness

Very interesting. I went it thinking I would like it more than I did because it is directed by the same man who did City Of God which is one of the best movies on the planet.

Now I did enjoy this movie a lot and it is believe in how things fall apart because of the blindness that is going around. Not too many people in the theatre, maybe only 15 at most in a 200+ theatre, it could be because it was a tuesday, but tuesday is $5 movie night. Our election was also going on so I am sure that took some people away.

Overall a good enough movie to have paid for.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Newman8r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Death Race

I really didnt expect too much out of this movie. I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining it was. A few nice plot changes and some very violent scenes. Some was very predictable but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    It was still crap, everything was given away in the trailer (for example, him being set up or him escaping).

Well that just ruined it for people. Good Job Nat.

I honestly didnt remember seeing any trailers for it, All i remembered before watching the movie was cars racing and a few of the death scenes, I didnt know the ending which I guess made it better for me to watch.

Ironman

It was pretty good. Not up to either Spiderman or TDK. Too much cornball and didn't relate to the character as much as those other 2.

Still a good movie though.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Saw The Dark Knight in IMAX yesterday before the game. That was fun. I hadn't seen it since August so it felt fresh again, and the IMAX scenes gave those parts of the movie a differrent feel (sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw The Dark Knight in IMAX yesterday before the game. That was fun. I hadn't seen it since August so it felt fresh again, and the IMAX scenes gave those parts of the movie a differrent feel (sometimes).

I actually went to see it in IMAX last week as well. It's going to be such a let down when I buy it on dvd and watch it on my tiny tv.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Before Sunrise - 8/10

I'd seen Before Sunset (the sequel) like a year or so and heard good things about both. They are admittedly very, very low on the testosterone scale, but they are both very well-made, original productions that you have to appreciate for their craftsmanship, ambition and commitment to dialogue-based filmmaking even if they are indeed chick flicks by genre. And I actually found them both enjoyable regardless. Feel free to mock away.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 10-18-2008 at 10:40 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Spirited Away - All this time I've been propping Pixar when the best animated films are coming from the Nihonjin. I'm watching the rest of dude's flicks pronto.

Miyazaki rocks

Iron man again
    Last edited by Suaveness; 10-19-2008 at 01:16 AM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.