Page 181 of 346 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Step Brothers...

Wasn’t bad but wasn’t brilliant either...

I kind of expected it to be funnier... but guess Farrell is running out of ideas

Anchorman and Blade of Glory would still be there better ones, that one with the dorm/College wasen’t to bad but IMO Semi-Pro and Step Brothers are just fading...

Hopefully when i see Tropic Thunder next week it’ll restore my faith in comedy films...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

sweabs

The Happening

Not bad.

Sports Logo

Street Kings

Amazing acting by everybody in it. Keanu Reeves, Forest Whitaker, Hugh Laurie...I could go on. It also had appearances by Cedric the Entertainer, Common and The Game. Great storyline. Watch it.

Did I just read "amazing acting" and "Keanu Reeves" in the same review??? I don't recall ever seeing that before!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Street Kings

Amazing acting by everybody in it. Keanu Reeves, Forest Whitaker, Hugh Laurie...I could go on. It also had appearances by Cedric the Entertainer, Common and The Game. Great storyline. Watch it.
    we must not have seen the same movie
    This is the darkest timeline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    Step Brothers...

Wasnít bad but wasnít brilliant either...

I kind of expected it to be funnier... but guess Farrell is running out of ideas

Anchorman and Blade of Glory would still be there better ones, that one with the dorm/College wasenít to bad but IMO Semi-Pro and Step Brothers are just fading...

Hopefully when i see Tropic Thunder next week itíll restore my faith in comedy films...
    I loved Step Brothers, funnier than i thought it was going to be. Boats N Hoes hahaha. Personally I think it was his second best movie only after Anchorman which will never be topped.

Old School is the college movie you are refering to. I'd put that ahead of Step Brothers, but Farrell isnt the main character in there, but does play a key role.

Last movie I watched, ummm The Rocker i guess. Can't remember if i have watched any in the last month or not out of theaters. The Rocker is funny, good movie. I saw it right after watching Pineapple Express. It didnt come near Pineapple, but it was funny.

Get Smart

I found it to be very funny. It actually had me laughing out loud by myself. It was all the one liners delivered by Carrell in his straight faced way he does. I enjoyed it but I figured out some of the endi9ng before I was supposed to I think.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Ford

Black Snake Moan

American Gangster- Pretty good, although I thought the ending was very rushed.....

The Visitor

I enjoyed it. It isn't my normal style of movie that I watch and enjoy but I watched and I enjoyed.

Burn After Reading

I liked it quite a bit although I can imagine many folk won't. The ending is great and most of the individual performances are enjoyable, even though none of them are particularly compelling. Clooney was the best part of the flick, which was a nice surprise since I thought he just had a bit part in it.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Black Snake Moan

I did not know Justin TImberlake was in this Movie. It was a pretty good flick. Not about what I thought it was going to be but worth a watch.

Mirrors

Had a stupid premise and wasn't carried out very well. There were times that made me cringe and be scared but mostly it was myself scaring me and not the movie. Poorly acted by the kids and the wife wasnt any better. Sutherland was his usual monotone self and played the same character that he plays in everything. Glad I didnt pay to see this.

Eagle Eye

it was OK

The Rocker

When I read the reviews on this movie I had very low expectations and I actually liked this movie a lot. The lead singer of the band A.D.D. was a terrible actor but other than him the rest of the movie was great. Rainn Wilson was very good and very funny.

"Iron Man"

It was 'fun' but I think my expectations were a little too high. I didn't think it lived up to the hype I'd heard. But it was an enjoyable movie for an action/comic flick. I didn't think it compared with "The Dark Knight" though.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    "Iron Man"

It was 'fun' but I think my expectations were a little too high. I didn't think it lived up to the hype I'd heard. But it was an enjoyable movie for an action/comic flick. I didn't think it compared with "The Dark Knight" though.

-Bball
    Not to be critical of your opinion in anyway - I'm just making a general comment to see if others might agree with me. But I often find it very difficult to compare seeing a movie on the big screen to seeing it on DVD - even if it is a big screen TV. Especially movies like Iron man or Dark Knight. Those types of movies are IMo just much better when seen at the theater

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Not to be critical of your opinion in anyway - I'm just making a general comment to see if others might agree with me. But I often find it very difficult to compare seeing a movie on the big screen to seeing it on DVD - even if it is a big screen TV. Especially movies like Iron man or Dark Knight. Those types of movies are IMo just much better when seen at the theater
    UB,
    I fail to see how my 13" color TV/DVD combo could make any appreciable difference in the plot or action as compared to seeing it in the theater.

OK... I'm kidding. Your point is well taken. And I really watched it on a 53" HDTV with standard DVD (upscaled thru the antique and obsolete HD DVD player (curse you Sony Blu Ray!!!!) with a HTIB audio setup (sub has been changed out for a Dayton powered sub though).

But that's still not the same as the big, big screen in RWB's screening room.... I mean in a theater.

When The Dark Knight comes out I will have a better point of reference since I did see that in the theater.

Normally, the one thing I HATE about theaters is people getting involved in the movie and laughing at the wrong places. I guess if they find something funny, there's not much I can do about it but some people laugh at times where the intention of the movie is NOT to be funny. It breaks the moment. But I digress....
    Iron Man seems like a movie where there was some things that were funny and probably enhanced by the crowd laughing along and watching it with a group.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

There is a big change with regards to theatre and TV I find. I saw both Iron Man and The Dark Knight in the theatre and I have since watched Iron Man on my TV. It was good on DVD but the size of the screen really does add to the whole experience.

I agree with bball that movie theatre audiences can make or break a movie.

I remember seeing I, Robot in theatres. I liked it but there was a lady in the audience who would not shut up the whole movie, laughing at stupid things and actually talking to the screen "Watch out!" "Don't do that" and so on. Iron Man was better in the threatre is what I am saying.

I remember going to see Gladiator in theatres and I was on drugs at the time and the part where Caesar is almost kissing his sister I said "Dude, that's your sister" A little too loudly and the audience ended up laughing. It may have taken people out of their movie going experience. Rcarey/sweabs can vouch for me on that one.

I saw Iron Man twice in the movie theater and liked it both times very much. I did watch Iron man last week on DVD and was rather bored. Sure some of that can be attributed to the third time watching it but also seeing it on the small screen.

Besides the big screen vs small screen thing - there are a couple of other factors that tend to make seeing a movie in a movie theater much better. There are no distractions (oh sure you might have an annoying memeber of the audience) but when you are at hoime, the phone might ring, someone might come to your door, your wife, kids, brother sister, friend might be in the room distracting you. or you might be thinking that you really don't have time to watch this - I'll watch it later.

Also something about paying $5 to $12 for a movie, something about leaving the house - taking time to drive to the theater - you just tend to really want to like the movie more than the one where you rent a DVD - perhaps because you just didn't think it was good enough in the first place to see it when it first came out

Field Of Dreams

It was on Tv while I was at work so I tuned in for it. Forgot how good it was. I also forgot most of the movie I guess. All I remembered was the playing of baseball and "If you build it He will come."

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ironman

I liked it better than anticipated. RDJ has finally come around. A man as talented as him should never through it away on drugs.

sweabs

Just stopping by to say I vouch for Newman.

Also, I plan on watching Get Smart tonight.

A few days ago I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was funny sometimes...but not really.

Eagle Eye.

As my wife put it, this is a combination of "War Games", "Flight of the Navigator" & "Maximum Overdrive". However it was still pretty entertaining.

Whoever did thier research for Indianapolis should be fired though.

BTW, for such a podunk state that no one wants to ever be in we sure are in a lot of movie and tv shows.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I actually expected to not like this - and I didn't for the first 15-20 minutes or so but once he hopped the plane it became quite good - a lot of fun and didn't try to get gross and slapstick with the humor. Well, ok - there was the sex-off . . .

Good flick.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire