Page 164 of 340 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #4076
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,064
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rescue Dawn.

    Great film, lots of name actors for a film that tanked pretty hard at the box office.

    I saw the documentry "Little Dieter needs to fly" several years ago and just saw that they made the story into a feature film.

    Very well done.

    FYI, it is the true life story of Dieter Dengler. The U.S. Navy pilot shot down over Laos, captured and escaped to freedom. The only P.O.W. to ever escape during the Vietnam War.

    This is not a war film for those who are concerned, this is a film about perserverance.

    If you have a blockbuster membership put this on your que for the future.
    I thought it was pretty good, but that was until I found out it wasn't the true story. Also the ending was absolutely horrible.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  2. #4077

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Jumper, PS I love you, Strange Wilderness

    All very poor. Other parties choose them. I have cut those relations out of my life.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  3. #4078
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Scarface.

    Pretty good. Makes me sad that so many people idolize Tony, though.

  4. #4079
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rescue Dawn.

    Great film, lots of name actors for a film that tanked pretty hard at the box office.

    I saw the documentry "Little Dieter needs to fly" several years ago and just saw that they made the story into a feature film.

    Very well done.

    FYI, it is the true life story of Dieter Dengler. The U.S. Navy pilot shot down over Laos, captured and escaped to freedom. The only P.O.W. to ever escape during the Vietnam War.

    This is not a war film for those who are concerned, this is a film about perserverance.

    If you have a blockbuster membership put this on your que for the future.
    Agreed. Really well done. Although natstoned is correct about the ending being horrible. Not like the whole ending, but like the final eight minutes or so. Either way, the story of perseverance and the performances by both Christian Bale and Steve Zahn were fantastic.

    When we look back at Bale's career and see that he did Batman Begins, New World, Rescue Dawn, The Prestige and 3:10 to Yuma all in a row, it's going to look mighty impressive.

    It's not quite Ed Norton's Primal Fear, Larry Flynt, Rounders, American History X and Fight Club three-year run, but it's not too shabby.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  5. #4080
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not quite Ed Norton's Primal Fear, Larry Flynt, Rounders, American History X and Fight Club three-year run, but it's not too shabby.
    It is impressive, let's just hope that Bale doesn't follow this up with Death to Smoochy and Keeping the Faith. You also forgot about Everyone Says I Love You in the middle of Norton's run. It was good but I think when you factor that one in Bale's run is even more impressive.
    Last edited by travmil; 06-23-2008 at 04:08 PM.

  6. #4081
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    StL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,716

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is impressive, let's just hope that Bale doesn't follow this up with Death to Smoochy and Keeping the Faith. You also forgot about Everyone Says I Love You in the middle of Norton's run. It was good but I think when you factor that one in Bale's run is even more impressive.
    especially if you count The Machinist -- his run is even more impressive considering what he physically went thru for each role in a matter of months.

    This is the darkest timeline.

  7. #4082

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Plus the Dark Knight coming out, which looks to continue Batman Begins' success.

    Just saw Batman Forever on tv. God that was awful
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  8. #4083
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,064
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Really well done. Although natstoned is correct about the ending being horrible. Not like the whole ending, but like the final eight minutes or so.
    Whatever the time was when they broke him out of A HOSPITAL to the time they did the whole MOSH PIT THINGY.. .
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  9. #4084
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You also forgot about Everyone Says I Love You in the middle of Norton's run.
    If by "forgot" you mean "purposely ignored," then yes. I've actually never seen it, but figured it was bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever the time was when they broke him out of A HOSPITAL to the time they did the whole MOSH PIT THINGY.. .


    That was all absurd.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  10. #4085
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Also, I watched Braveheart for about the 30th time the other day.

    So good.

    Need to find Rob Roy now. I've heard pretty good things and really enjoy Liam Neeson so I'm pretty excited.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  11. #4086
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Cars and Shrek 3

    Son was home sick yesterday, and we had no air conditioning to top it off, so we spent a portion of the day in the living room under the nice cool ceiling fan watching kids movies.

  12. #4087
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Need to find Rob Roy now. I've heard pretty good things and really enjoy Liam Neeson so I'm pretty excited.
    Very good movie. In fact, I think I'll try to see that one again too.

    I watched Unforgiven again yesterday. For me that's one of those movies that I watch whenever I see it flipping through the channels. I immediately stop and it doesn't matter what else is on I'm wathing it. One of my favorite lines of all time is from that movie. After The Kid kills the cowboy in the outhouse, and he tells Clint Eastwood that was his first kill, he'd never killed a man before. Clint Eastwood says "Well you sure killed the hell outta that fella today".

  13. #4088
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    That, "Take a drink, Kid" and "Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend" are my three favorites.

    Funny thing was that when I first saw that movie, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. But when I rewatched it, I was like "this is amazing." Now it's among my Top 50 easily and, as you say, a must watch for at least a half hour when you see it on TV.

  14. #4089
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,982

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Finally saw "Vantage Point" last night. I really liked it. I like that type of storytelling. Sure after it is over there are a few holes in the plot, but I was riveted while I was watching

  15. #4090
    Member beaversnducks311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Muncie, Indiana
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally saw "Vantage Point" last night. I really liked it. I like that type of storytelling. Sure after it is over there are a few holes in the plot, but I was riveted while I was watching
    i really liked it too. i was surprised at how good it was. but i agree that afterwards we had a lot of unanswered questions; but it served it's purpose.

    i watched "black mama, white mama" this afternoon. i love me some Pam Grier.

  16. #4091
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,504

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "There Will Be Blood"

    I watched the other night but decided to wait awhile before posting my thoughts on it.

    Kudos to Daniel Day-Lewis. I thought his acting was superb. Unfortunately, it had to be or I'm not sure I would've made it through this whole movie. I must've missed something somewhere because I felt like I was supposed to take something away from this movie that I just never 'got'.

    The pacing was slow... TYPICALLY when a good movie has a slow pace it leads to something in the end (or final act) that really ties it all together and you 'understand' the point.

    Considering the good things I'd heard about this movie I was holding on for that final act when it all pulled together tightly.

    Honestly,
    Spoiler Spoiler:


    There was little in the way of black and white in this movie- bad guys weren't totally bad.... good guys weren't totally good. Again, that was something that I thought was leading somewhere
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    .

    Spoiler Spoiler:


    I can recommend the movie for anyone who appreciates a fine acting performance... but I'm hesitant to recommend the movie on its own merits.

    Somebody tell me what I missed.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. #4092
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,616

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Saw The Incredible Hulk the other day. I thought it was rather good. Norton did a very good job imo. Definitely go see this movie.

  18. #4093

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Wall-E. This might be one of the best movies I've ever seen. Absolutely adorable. Go see it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  19. #4094
    Member Wu-Gambino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Avon, IN
    Posts
    426

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I watched Wanted last night with some friends, it was pretty preposterous. I guess I would recommend it, just turn off your brain for awhile.

  20. #4095
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Almost Famous.

    I had seen it once before, but it was years ago, I was hungover and failed to see what all the hub-bub was about.

    This time, however, I thought it was pretty great and really enjoyed Kate Hudson.

  21. #4096
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,259

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Get Smart.

    100 x funnier than I thought it would be.

    I actually figured it would be just another mindless humor, but was very very pleasantly suprised by the.

  22. #4097
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,264
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Today's movies were: Wedding Crashers, Shrek, Super Troopers and Unforgiven.

  23. #4098
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today's movies were: Wedding Crashers, Shrek, Super Troopers and Unforgiven.
    What was your rank?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  24. #4099
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Caddyshack
    The Bourne Supremecy
    Cars-(3rd time this week. I think Elmo may have been replaced with "Cars", or at least he's losing some ground to Cars in the attention....)

  25. #4100
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Punch-Drunk Love
    Hellboy
    Blue Velvet
    Labyrinth
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •