Page 15 of 346 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #351

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MOVIES BR! NOT TV SHOWS!

    Where were you the omaha champion at?
    at a home game one time

  2. #352
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I just bought "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", needless to say I love this movie .

    Saw Star Wars Episode III last night, thought it was good. The best of the first three episodes that's for sure. I hated the first episode, the second was better, but episode three has this not so good ending and the links that lead up to episode IV (A New Hope). Offcourse, great special effects and some decent acting, definitely liked Darth Sidous aka senator Palpetine aka the Emperor and offcourse Skywalkers girl, wow! What a babe! And she can actually act pretty decently too.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  3. #353
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,114

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Return of the Jedi...

    Now that I've seen all 3 in their entirety- Star Wars (NH), The Empire Strikes Back, and RotJ I guess I can take another 20 years to catch up on I, II, III in their entirety.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. #354
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Attack of the Clones.....

    I'm now caught up. I'll probably try to see the new one this week....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  5. #355
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Son. Pretty decent foreign flick. By the same guys who won the Palme d'Or at this year's Canne Film Festival with The Child.

    Does anyone really care? Probably not.

  6. #356
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Lots of Star Wars around here lately...

    Star Wars
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #357
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,392

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Son. Pretty decent foreign flick. By the same guys who won the Palme d'Or at this year's Canne Film Festival with The Child.

    Does anyone really care? Probably not.
    LOL!! Not all of us are commercial lemmings. BTW, Oldboy is going to be at Key Cinemas starting June 3. I've made a mental note to catch it. I hadn't heard about the Son or The Child. I'm going to have to find out about them.

    Also, do you like Jim Jarmusch?? Ghost Dog is one of my favorite movies. (Not of all time, but a real fav.) He's got a movie coming out with Bill Murray called Broken Flowers that I have GOT to see.

    Also, just re-re-watched Iron Giant last nite. STILL chokes me up at the end. I think this is a much, much bettermovie than people realize and it probably gets written off just casue it's animated. Yeah, it's got some familira trappings to it, but really effective dialogue and the film's got genuine, without being smaltzty or cloying, heart. Iron Giant IS in my all time favs, along with Ran and Pulp Fiction. Just a really enjoyable, well made movie.



  8. #358
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Son. Pretty decent foreign flick. By the same guys who won the Palme d'Or at this year's Canne Film Festival with The Child.

    Does anyone really care? Probably not.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have Ikiru, Badlands and A Fistful of Dynamite on my desk at home waiting to be watched......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  9. #359
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Revenge of the Sith.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. #360
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,114

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Aviator

    I didn't like the pacing...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #361
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just saw "The Eye", I think it was a Hong Kong thriller/horror movie about a blind girl who gets an eye implant and than starts seeying real strange things. Pretty good movie.

    Also just saw "For A Few Dollars More" and "Tombstone" again. Loved them a few years ago and well... I still do.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  12. #362
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, do you like Jim Jarmusch?? Ghost Dog is one of my favorite movies. (Not of all time, but a real fav.) He's got a movie coming out with Bill Murray called Broken Flowers that I have GOT to see.
    I do like Jarmusch. Ever see Dead Man with Johnny Depp? Pretty incredible. MagicRat, you'd dig it the most as it's a Western. Looking forward to Broken Flowers as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, just re-re-watched Iron Giant last nite. STILL chokes me up at the end. I think this is a much, much bettermovie than people realize and it probably gets written off just cause it's animated. Yeah, it's got some familira trappings to it, but really effective dialogue and the film's got genuine, without being smaltzty or cloying, heart. Iron Giant IS in my all time favs, along with Ran and Pulp Fiction. Just a really enjoyable, well made movie.
    Iron Giant is one of the few animated films in my DVD collection.

  13. #363
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    You follow this...

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it makes you feel any better, I have Ikiru, Badlands and A Fistful of Dynamite on my desk at home waiting to be watched...
    ...with this?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Revenge of the Sith...
    Now I see where your priorities lie.

  14. #364
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You follow this...


    ...with this?


    Now I see where your priorities lie.
    I couldn't find Ikiru playing at any of my local theaters......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #365
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    In America and The Life Aquatic. Both were pretty enjoyable.

    IndyToad
    Mutiny on the Bellafonte

  16. #366
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't find Ikiru playing at any of my local theaters......
    You said you had it sitting on your desk at home. Ever see Dean Man? I mentioned it above. It's a Western...of sorts. I'm sure you'd like it.

  17. #367
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said you had it sitting on your desk at home.
    Yeah, but the babysitter would've thought it was weird if we had stayed home and watched it......

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ever see Dean Man? I mentioned it above. It's a Western...of sorts. I'm sure you'd like it.
    Haven't seen it, but I'll add it to my list. Right now I have the 3 mentioned above plus Sideways, The Terminal, Eternal Sunshine...., American Splendor, Closer, and Masked and Anonymous. I'm a little behind.

    Plus I'm about a hundred pages in to Dylan's Chronicles, Volume 1, I have the Leone biography Something to do with Death and I need to learn how to beat the Pecks at Halo2.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  18. #368
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I hated the Terminal, but Eternall Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a very good movie. Very original, great plot, funny and moving.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  19. #369

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "Fargo"
    "Lola Rennt"
    "Memento"

    I had seen them all before. I was way busy last night.

  20. #370

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    'When We Were Kings'
    And wow weren't those clips of Foreman brutal? He looked amazing back then. I found Ali's comments on the cream of black America joining the cream of black Africa interesting considering his rejection of military service in that Mobutu was a brutal, opressive dictator who was propped up for years by the U.S. that had risen to power by virtue of his willingness to be a puppet of the West. I'm of the opinion that the Belgians were actively involved in Lumumba's murder (the CIA were there, they just never had a good enough opportunity to do it and once they saw someone else was going to do the dirty work they took a step back). Anyway, I found it fascinating. This all occurred when I was a child so it was cool to see the footage after reading about this before. It reinforced Ali's stature as an American icon; I'd really like to find a cool Ali t-shirt now or something, heh.

    Also, the guy in Ali's posse with the sort of mohawk (couldn't tell if that was his trainer in some of the clips, might have been), didn't he play Bumpy Jonas' bodyguard in Shaft? I'm positive it's the same guy.

  21. #371
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Hustler with Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason and George C. Scott. 1961. Absolutely fantastic and I can't believe I haven't seen it until now. Is there any actor that has had a better string of great roles than Paul Newman? The Hustler, Hud, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting. And George C. Scott is simply a joy to watch on-screen. His mannerisms are amazing. Just watch this and Dr. Strangelove to see what I mean.

  22. #372
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just saw "Pi". Wow! Impressive movie, which I will have to see again sometime soon, because ... it leaves open some questionmarks.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  23. #373
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    A League of Their Own

  24. #374
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    In the past month, I've seen the following, which I've rated on a four star system...

    The Children's Hour ****
    Sunset Boulevard ***
    Unforgiven *
    The Graduate *
    Stagecoach ***
    It Happened One Night ****
    Doctor Zhivago **
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  25. #375
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the past month, I've seen the following, which I've rated on a four star system...

    The Children's Hour ****
    Sunset Boulevard ***
    Unforgiven *
    The Graduate *
    Stagecoach ***
    It Happened One Night ****
    Doctor Zhivago **
    Weeping Jesus on the cross. You gave Unforgiven and The Graduate one star each? Wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •