Page 147 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 8709

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they aren't brothers - or atleast that was never the case in the cartoons...for some reason he did refer to Megatron as a brother in that scene...maybe they wanted to create a family feud for the sequel?
    I didn't think I remembered them being brothers in the cartoons.

But it would be an interesting twist in the movies series though.

I mean we know Megatron will be back. He will escape his icey dungeon again somehow.(after someone stills his heart from Optimus and reactivates him)

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Good, average or bad.
    I'd say Gone Baby Gone was the best movie. I'm a big Dennis Lehane Fan. I was a little disappointed in a couple of the characters but for the most part liked the movie.

It was dark though. Not a pick you up date movie.

The Kingdon, Michale Clayton, Bucket List and American Gangster were all good I thought.

The rest were just ok.

Wolf Creek was more about a guy at work told me he saw this traffic accident (the movie) he couldn't not watch. SO of course I was obligated.
    Last edited by Twes; 03-04-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    We watched Transformers again last night.

So I caught one thing I didn't the first time I watched it. Optimus Prime refers to Megatron as "Brother" in the final scene where he is standing over Megatrons dead corpse.

I didn't realize they were brothers.
    Brothers-in-arms, possibly, caught on opposite sides of the track...I think most people take the Brothers comment too literally...

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Dan In Real Life

meh...getting rather tired of these so called romantic/comedy genre with a happy ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    We watched Transformers again last night.

So I caught one thing I didn't the first time I watched it. Optimus Prime refers to Megatron as "Brother" in the final scene where he is standing over Megatrons dead corpse.

I didn't realize they were brothers.
    When I say brother, I don't mean, like, an actual brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it. Which is more meaningful, I think.

Cloverfield

fun roller coaster ride...

I just watched Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the most recent one. I've seen it probably four times, I really love it. I like Mos Def as an actor a lot, liked him in 16 Blocks as well. Sam Rockwell made for a good Beedlebrox. A John Malkovich cameo is always good. The computer effects are amazing, especially the ending sequence through the planet factory. I'd highly recommend it if you're into the sci-fi fantasy kinda stuff.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    I just watched Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the most recent one. I've seen it probably four times, I really love it. I like Mos Def as an actor a lot, liked him in 16 Blocks as well. Sam Rockwell made for a good Beedlebrox. A John Malkovich cameo is always good. The computer effects are amazing, especially the ending sequence through the planet factory. I'd highly recommend it if you're into the sci-fi fantasy kinda stuff.
    But are not ridiculously into HHGTTG, it's decent sci-fi, but not on par with the books, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    But are not ridiculously into HHGTTG, it's decent sci-fi, but not on par with the books, imo.
    I haven't read them since probably sixth grade or so, I'm sure if I updated myself I'd have a new appreciation for them. But the library is just so far away...

Going to see 10,000 BC tonight, but I don't want to - the reviews are generally terrible for this movie - I'll let you know what I think

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Saw "Bobby Kennedy" and "Where The Truth Lies" and a Danish movie called "Adam's Apples". I liked all three of them, actually.

I thought "Bobby Kennedy" had maybe a few stories (comparable make up as "Traffic", "Magnolia" and "Crash") too many and maybe a few scenes too many, but in the end they make sense and the end, I personally thought, was pretty powerfull.

As a sidenote I'm pretty sure 'm not the only one who hopes that Obama and Hillary have the best security they can get, whoever wins the race for the Democratic nomination.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Saw "Bobby Kennedy" and "Where The Truth Lies" and a Danish movie called "Adam's Apples". I liked all three of them, actually.

I thought "Bobby Kennedy" had maybe a few stories (comparable make up as "Traffic", "Magnolia" and "Crash") too many and maybe a few scenes too many, but in the end they make sense and the end, I personally thought, was pretty powerfull.

As a sidenote I'm pretty sure 'm not the only one who hopes that Obama and Hillary have the best security they can get, whoever wins the race for the Democratic nomination.

Regards,

Mourning
    I'm also a big fan of Bobby. I wasn't around for the real phenomenon known as Bobby Kennedy's Presidential Bid, but from the little I do know it seems they captured the hysteria (good and bad) surrounding him pretty well. And it's pretty few and far between I can like Lindsay Lohan in a role.

Illegal Tender

crap movie - horrible acting

The Brave One

some parts felt a bit slow as I thought it was going to be more of an action movie but it was quite good

Feast of Love

wasn't bored with it...can't say its something i would be interested in watching again though...

Holy mother of God. I just finished There Will Be Blood. It was a 2 AM to 5 AM deal so maybe it added to the intenseness but wow. Everyone who likes acting, writing, directing, and/or great movies needs to watch this movie. Better than No Country IMO.

And Daniel-Day Lewis? Wow. While I love the acting that I also saw from him in the previews and that David Spade spoofed ("I've got a competition in me." etc.), it's all the other stuff that really won it for me. You have no idea how amazing he is until you see this full movie.

The part at the very end with Eli is probably the finest acting I have ever seen. I was shaking at the end of this movie. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    I'm also a big fan of Bobby. I wasn't around for the real phenomenon known as Bobby Kennedy's Presidential Bid, but from the little I do know it seems they captured the hysteria (good and bad) surrounding him pretty well. And it's pretty few and far between I can like Lindsay Lohan in a role.
    Completely aggree, even with the Lindsay Lohan note! I definitely don't like her in ANY other role that I can imagine, but I thought she acted very good in this role... not too mention she looked very cute to me aswell without looking "*****y".

Anyway, the movie reminded me a bit of current days with Obama, but maybe I'm the only seeying it that way.

Regards,

Mourning

Definitely on my "have to see FAST"-list aswell .

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Holy mother of God. I just finished There Will Be Blood. It was a 2 AM to 5 AM deal so maybe it added to the intenseness but wow. Everyone who likes acting, writing, directing, and/or great movies needs to watch this movie. Better than No Country IMO.

And Daniel-Day Lewis? Wow. While I love the acting that I also saw from him in the previews and that David Spade spoofed ("I've got a competition in me." etc.), it's all the other stuff that really won it for me. You have no idea how amazing he is until you see this full movie.

The part at the very end with Eli is probably the finest acting I have ever seen. I was shaking at the end of this movie. Just wow.

Did watch "10,000 BC" last night. The scenery was beautiful - it really was. And it was better than a Michael Bay movie - but those are the only two good things I can say about it. The dialogue at times was sooooooooo bad it was funny.

I just saw Bobby and I thought it was terrible. Just awful writing and mediocre directing and the acting isn't that great either. No big surprise that this was passed over by critics and awards.

Traffic and Short Cuts are two examples of "multiple stories" movies done well. Bobby, not so much. The clips of RFK were nice of course.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I just saw Bobby and I thought it was terrible. Just awful writing and mediocre directing and the acting isn't that great either. No big surprise that this was passed over by critics and awards.

Traffic and Short Cuts are two examples of "multiple stories" movies done well. Bobby, not so much. The clips of RFK were nice of course.
    Agreed, the only way ensemble pieces can turn out well is basic understanding of story, character, and dialogue writing. Which is why Magnolia is so incredible.

Watching all the (Blake Edwards) Pink Panther films right now; they kind of deteriorate because of the overemphasis on gags and the underwhelming plots and quality of support. However, Peter Sellers (probably the best comedic actor ever) is continuously fantastic. Any coming-up comedian needs to study the work of this man from Lolita to Strangelove to Shot in the Dark to Being There. It's incredible to me that the two best comedic actors were both British. America number two?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I Heart Huckabees again, which is funnier now that Huckabee ran for president.

****ABEES!

Saw "No Country For Old Men" last night. Great, great movie!

Rambo. I liked it a lot.

Bee Movie

good fun movie

Hot Fuzz

It was pretty good and all, but I'm a little surprised at its very high IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes ratings. Feels like it must have gotten early praise from critics and then became a self-fulfilling prophecy where everyone who watched it just pretends it's amazing. Seems a little like Little Miss Sunshine or something in that respect. Not that they were similar movies at all, but just that they were both pretty good flicks that got overhyped into something they're not.

All that shouldn't take away from what is a very good spoof movie that is very clever and enjoyable, but based on all the acclaim I'd heard from people I couldn't help but thinking "That's it?" But like most good comedies, I imagine it's better when you're not so engaged in the plot, so I'll have to give it another go some time soon and see if some of the little stuff doesn't become more impressive.

sweabs

Just finished watching The Mist.

I don't even know how to comment on the film...I'm still in shock by the ending. I did not see that coming.