Page 135 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 8588

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #3351
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleLip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't enjoy those type of movies you seen one you seen them all, they are just money making machines. Every year they put out 20 different sports movies there all the same ****, different people.
    I can't go through life being so cynical. Everything is a money making machine, if you stop and think about it. I don't get caught up into finding fault in every thing I see because it is a waste of time.

    It is inspiring to me to see a story of someone seemingly losing it all, but through some kind of awakening and life-changing event, they find the power to turn their life around. Gets me every time, and I enjoy seeing talented actors of our generation portraying great characters.

    Stories like We Are Marshall, The Hurricane, Remember The Titans, The Natural, etc....all tell a story I don't mind watching.

    So, just what movies DO you like?



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  2. #3352
    Member LouisvilleLip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    26
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I like asian movies mainly korean.

  3. #3353
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They Live, starring Rowdy Roddy Piper. He really kicks some alien butt.
    Not the best movie, but it had a few good lines in it.

    "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick @ss...... and I'm all out of bubble gum."

    "Life's a b*tch and she's back in heat."
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  4. #3354
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would give the edge to A Christmas Story as number one (NOTTAFINGA!), with Christmas Vacation a close second (...$h!tter was full!).

    Another fantastic movie that happens to take place around Christmas is The Ref, with Denis Leary, Kevin Spacey, Judy Davis, etc...Many, many quotable lines....(My personal favorite--"Your husband ain't dead, lady. He's hidin'") My wife and I watch it on Christmas Eve after the kids go to bed every year....it will be on in a few hours!
    Best Xmas movie of all time is Die Hard.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #3355
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,921

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I had to do it...
    "It's A Wonderful Life"

    No need for a review... Who hasn't already watched this movie?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #3356
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had to do it...
    "It's A Wonderful Life"

    No need for a review... Who hasn't already watched this movie?

    -Bball
    I own the DVD, Greatest Christmas Movie Ever. I watch it just about every year.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  7. #3357
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I own the DVD, Greatest Christmas Movie Ever. I watch it just about every year.
    Never seen it and Merry Christmas

  8. #3358

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    casino royale
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  9. #3359
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Casino

    not as good as Goodfellas - but worth a watch for sure.

    The Interview

    It was better than I anticipated

  10. #3360
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I own the DVD, Greatest Christmas Movie Ever. I watch it just about every year.
    I will give props to It's A Wonderful Life as the greatest Christmas Movie ever....I should've said that the movies I referenced were greatest Christmas comedies of all time...Nothing really beats It's A Wonderful Life as far as movies having a Christmas message. Of course, A Christmas Carol and the many variations of it are classics in the same vein. I personally liked Scrooged as a nice take on A Christmas Carol while throwing in Bill Murray's wonderful style!

    I will go ahead and lay it out there....I cannot help but get misty at the ends of both It's A Wonderful Life and even Scrooged. I'm a pansy, I know, but the Christmas season is my favorite time of the year, and I truly believe that for a few days a year we all act like the people we always wanted to be, and know we should try harder to be. It is difficult to let some things go during the year, but it is much easier during the holidays, whatever your religion. It just seems like a period of time when we can all relate to the one thing we have in common; we are all humans living on planet Earth. Petty differences seem to fade away, and that is when it doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, black, white, American, Mexican, Iraqi, whatever. We are all humans, and we should all treat each other that way...

    Sniffsniff, I just got misty as I typed that....

    Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays to those that don't celebrate like I do)



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  11. #3361
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a perfect representation of the sorry state of nicholas cage's career...
    [yt]keSWusiSNe4[/yt]
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  12. #3362
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Yeah, every time I thought about watching The Wicker Man, I came to my senses...



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  13. #3363
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, every time I thought about watching The Wicker Man, I came to my senses...
    You should watch it. Drunk. With friends. Someplace where you can throw stuff at the screen.

    It is bad on a mythic scale - and not the kind of cult bad like Snakes on a Plane which is bad in a fun sort of way. Wicker Man is just terrible - but if you're drunk with your buddies you can still make fun of it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  14. #3364
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Eastern Promises.

    Was better than I expected. I'm starting to be impressed by Viggo Mortenson. He was good in both this and A History of Violence.

    Both were somewhat limited characters but he did them very well.

    Plus, believe it or not, it's set around Christmas. Kind of brutal in parts and definitely a dark theme but a pretty solid film.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  15. #3365
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I caught like the last half hour to 45 minutes of Wicker Man once. I've never been the same.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #3366
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I caught like the last half hour to 45 minutes of Wicker Man once. I've never been the same.
    I'm sorry...I only watched like 10 minutes of it and it scarred me; I can't begin to imagine what you're trying to get past...

    Usually I like Nick Cage. Well, I guess I should qualify that with more of this kind of statement: I like about every third movie he makes...

    I thought Con Air was fun in a cheesy, very quotable kind of way...It had characters that made it interesting...not limited to Dave Chappelle in his classic role as "Pinball"....but then there would be something like Captain Corelli's Mandolin that made me want to blow my head off for watching 15 minutes of it on free HBO....



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  17. #3367
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry...I only watched like 10 minutes of it and it scarred me; I can't begin to imagine what you're trying to get past...
    I actually watched the whole thing.

    It's pretty awesome.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  18. #3368
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eastern Promises.

    Was better than I expected. I'm starting to be impressed by Viggo Mortenson. He was good in both this and A History of Violence.

    Both were somewhat limited characters but he did them very well.

    Plus, believe it or not, it's set around Christmas. Kind of brutal in parts and definitely a dark theme but a pretty solid film.
    Agreed. I picked it up right when it came out.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  19. #3369

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    No Country for Old Men

    Actually, I saw this last week. Pretty good. Definitely one of my favorite films of the year. It really shows the versatility of the Coen Brothers. I enjoy pretty much any typical Coen Bros. movie, but I wish they would make more films like this.

    I Am Legend

    It was OK. Thumbs in the middle, tilting slightly upwards. It was entertaining and was good for what it was. In the hands of an inferior director and/or an inferior lead actor, it could've been much worse. ("I Am Legend," starring Paul Walker. Directed by McG. Gag...) That said, I don't have an overwhelming urge to see it again. I also don't have an overwhelming urge to buy a shiny, brand-spanking new Ford car, despite the movie's best efforts to convince me otherwise...

  20. #3370
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Country for Old Men

    Actually, I saw this last week. Pretty good. Definitely one of my favorite films of the year. It really shows the versatility of the Coen Brothers. I enjoy pretty much any typical Coen Bros. movie, but I wish they would make more films like this.

    I Am Legend

    It was OK. Thumbs in the middle, tilting slightly upwards. It was entertaining and was good for what it was. In the hands of an inferior director and/or an inferior lead actor, it could've been much worse. ("I Am Legend," starring Paul Walker. Directed by McG. Gag...) That said, I don't have an overwhelming urge to see it again. I also don't have an overwhelming urge to buy a shiny, brand-spanking new Ford car, despite the movie's best efforts to convince me otherwise...
    Aw, why not?! Basically the apocalypse happened, and he had a choice of whatever kind of vehicle he wanted in NYC, and he (and Anna) chose Ford! Man, Ford must've paid a pretty penny for that product placement....It didn't really detract from my experience because I figured if it were real life, he would've been driving SOME kind of vehicle, so who cares what it was? Looking at it through crystal clear glasses, yes, it was product placement. Would it have been any different if it had been GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, Porsche, etc, etc.?? I must admit, I do want one of those GT500's!



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  21. #3371

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aw, why not?! Basically the apocalypse happened, and he had a choice of whatever kind of vehicle he wanted in NYC, and he (and Anna) chose Ford! Man, Ford must've paid a pretty penny for that product placement....It didn't really detract from my experience because I figured if it were real life, he would've been driving SOME kind of vehicle, so who cares what it was? Looking at it through crystal clear glasses, yes, it was product placement. Would it have been any different if it had been GM, Chrysler, Mercedes, Porsche, etc, etc.?? I must admit, I do want one of those GT500's!
    I understand that product placement is a big part of movies now. But if some sort of apocalyptic event happens and no cars are made for 3 years, I wouldn't expect to see a brand new, shiny car speeding down the streets. Robert drove a P.O.S. car during the middle of the movie. I was fine with that. That wasn't a distraction. It made sense within the context of the story.

    I just think there's a time and place for that type of product placement. In a movie like Transformers, that's fine. It's a mindless, Michael Bay type popcorn movie. It's only purpose is to be a giant ad for toys and cars.

    But in a movie like this, it was just distracting for me. I don't mind seeing a Ford logo. I don't mind him driving those cars. But to see them in pristine condition made them stick out like a sore thumb. All that was missing was a price tag and a message to visit your local Ford dealer.

  22. #3372
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that product placement is a big part of movies now. But if some sort of apocalyptic event happens and no cars are made for 3 years, I wouldn't expect to see a brand new, shiny car speeding down the streets. Robert drove a P.O.S. car during the middle of the movie. I was fine with that. That wasn't a distraction. It made sense within the context of the story.

    I just think there's a time and place for that type of product placement. In a movie like Transformers, that's fine. It's a mindless, Michael Bay type popcorn movie. It's only purpose is to be a giant ad for toys and cars.

    But in a movie like this, it was just distracting for me. I don't mind seeing a Ford logo. I don't mind him driving those cars. But to see them in pristine condition made them stick out like a sore thumb. All that was missing was a price tag and a message to visit your local Ford dealer.
    Well, I figured that they would stay in pristine condition inside a dealers showcase, and he had the time, so why not wash that baby before going hunting in it with his trusty AR??!! I absolutely understand your point, and it is well taken. I agree 100% that it is less noticeable in a popcorn cruncher movie. It didn't seem to bother me any, and I thought it was cool that he was driving a Mustang, because Neville drove one for a time in The Omega Man....I think the SUV he drove during most of the movie wasn't so much a POS as it was more of an expeditioners-type vehicle with matte paint and the luggage rack and front push bumper (kinda)....It was still pretty tricked out with gadgets from what I could tell; it just wasn't a shiny paint job.

    You know it will get to the point sooner or later when they will be showing price tags and placing less covert ads in movies...kinda like The Truman Show, where everything was for sale in the tv show that was Truman's life....scary to think about!



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  23. #3373
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Cars sitting anywhere for three years are going to get dusty. That car looked like it had just been waxed and washed. Plus the apocalypse had basically occured during this time period. I don't know that turned me off right away, but little stuff like that always bothers me. I don't know why. I understand product placement is necessary, but they could at least do it realistically.

    EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure the SUV he drives for the majority of the movie is the same SUV he is in when he takes his family to the dock.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. #3374
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I am legend.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  25. #3375
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cars sitting anywhere for three years are going to get dusty. That car looked like it had just been waxed and washed. Plus the apocalypse had basically occured during this time period. I don't know that turned me off right away, but little stuff like that always bothers me. I don't know why. I understand product placement is necessary, but they could at least do it realistically.

    EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure the SUV he drives for the majority of the movie is the same SUV he is in when he takes his family to the dock.
    I noted in my post that he could've washed and waxed it; he had plenty of time to kill........

    After looking back through the movie, I think it is possible that the SUV he drove is the same as the one he drove when he took his family to the dock. It is certainly the same make and model, but I think he added a few things after the fact. He added the front bumper that protects the lights, a winch on the front, and the extra large luggage rack on top that also had a ton of bright lights. I could see the necessity for adding those things after the fact because he probably spent time pushing/pulling vehicles out of the way to clear the roads, and he wanted to have a bunch of supplies with him if he broke down, plus the light bars would repel the darkseekers if he got into some trouble and was out past dusk.

    I still say that if he had the time to install all that extra stuff on the SUV, he had plenty of time to wash the Mustang to make it look all pretty, or just to be goofy and/or feel like he was still living a normal life. He talked to mannequins and talked to his dog about planning a surprise birthday party and eating her vegetables; I don't think it is a stretch that he washed the Mustang.

    In reality, was it blatant product placement? Yes. Is it anything to get your panties in a twist over? No. It can be reasonably assumed that he could've cleaned the car that way, rather than in a scenario in some other apocalyptic movie where there is no running water and/or time to clean a vehicle that a nice, bright, shiny Mustang GT500 would be being driven.

    Just my opinion, but there are things that I can overlook with a small amount of plausibility. I would agree that product placement that is an obvious error in the screenplay or script would detract from the movie. I don't feel that is the case with the Mustang, or any other product placement in I Am Legend. Heck, let's not even get started about the music. As soon as it was over, I left the theater and went to Sam Goody and bought Bob Marley's Legend CD while operating at a near subconscious level......Just kidding....



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •