Page 129 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 8695

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #3201
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    A Christmas Story
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  2. #3202
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i had the first reaction when i first saw it...then i saw part 2....then i watched part 1 and 2 back to back...which made it all the best.
    Yes, the entire time I was thinking that I'd watch it again...because I felt as though I missed some parts.

    And I plan on watching part 2 as well. Might do that back to back some day during the upcoming holidays.

  3. #3203
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, the entire time I was thinking that I'd watch it again...because I felt as though I missed some parts.

    And I plan on watching part 2 as well. Might do that back to back some day during the upcoming holidays.
    Don't forget about part 3.....

  4. #3204
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Godfather.

    Watched it for the first time. I actually did not enjoy it all that much, but it definitely wasn't bad.
    I hate you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget about part 3.....
    Actually...do.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  5. #3205
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,020

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually...do.
    Yeah, part III is absolutely forgettable. I and II are definitely good in my opinion though.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  6. #3206
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched The Insider (); very meticulous and detailed. Great acting and great sound as always from Mann; surprised it got so snubbed at the Oscars. I guess American Beauty really needed to win some awards.
    The guy Russell Crowe portrayed actually came and gave a guest lecture in one of my classes 3yrs ago. He came in and talked about all the research he did. One was were they hooked up a nicotine injector to lab rats who were trained to realize if they pushed a button on the side of their cage they would be given a shot of nicotine. Said some of the rats would hit it so much that they would actually poison and kill themselves.

    He talked about when he was fired and went back to his office they were in the process of destroying all his results and stuff. Said they had clauses in their contract were they couldn't even talk to other employees about what they did, and their office's windows were covered so you couldn't see in. He also talked about how when it went public, he recieved a call from Pres. Clinton directly.

    He also shed light on what makes "light" cigerettes light, and how they circumvent it. Said a laser punches holes in the filter but they use a special glue on the filter paper that shuts off the holes when it gets wet from your lips and then pinched from your fingers, so they're just like smoking a non-light one.

    His speech was way better than the movie, he really got detailed about his work while there, what nicotine really does to the body, and his personal experience during the whole ordeal. It was the most informative 50mins I've ever spent in a classroom.

  7. #3207
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Fargo, quite good.

    Buscemi's kinda funny lookin, more than most people donchya know?

  8. #3208
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate you.
    I love you too, buddy.

    I'm going to watch it again though. I was watching after a long day of cramming and writing a tough law exam. And it was about 2am when it was on...so I feel as though I missed some things. And I'll watch part 2 right after. I'll probably give part 3 a chance, but it's not really high on the priority list right now.

  9. #3209
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,353

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Shrek III

    Ummm... I thought II was pushing it... III just never got off the ground for me. The technology no longer seems so groundbreaking and the characters and storyline(s) are now just reduced to 'the formula'.

    --
    But speaking of sequels... The Godfather II is arguably as good, if not better than, The Godfather I (IMHO). And both are excellent movies. The Godfather III pales in comparison and isn't even worth watching even if you loved I and II. Sometimes you just need to leave well enough, alone.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #3210
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shrek III

    Ummm... I thought II was pushing it... III just never got off the ground for me. The technology no longer seems so groundbreaking and the characters and storyline(s) are now just reduced to 'the formula'.

    --
    But speaking of sequels... The Godfather II is arguably as good, if not better than, The Godfather I (IMHO). And both are excellent movies. The Godfather III pales in comparison and isn't even worth watching even if you loved I and II. Sometimes you just need to leave well enough, alone.

    -Bball
    C'mon now, Gingerbread Man is hilarious!

  11. #3211
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,943
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy Russell Crowe portrayed actually came and gave a guest lecture in one of my classes 3yrs ago. He came in and talked about all the research he did. One was were they hooked up a nicotine injector to lab rats who were trained to realize if they pushed a button on the side of their cage they would be given a shot of nicotine. Said some of the rats would hit it so much that they would actually poison and kill themselves.

    He talked about when he was fired and went back to his office they were in the process of destroying all his results and stuff. Said they had clauses in their contract were they couldn't even talk to other employees about what they did, and their office's windows were covered so you couldn't see in. He also talked about how when it went public, he recieved a call from Pres. Clinton directly.

    He also shed light on what makes "light" cigerettes light, and how they circumvent it. Said a laser punches holes in the filter but they use a special glue on the filter paper that shuts off the holes when it gets wet from your lips and then pinched from your fingers, so they're just like smoking a non-light one.

    His speech was way better than the movie, he really got detailed about his work while there, what nicotine really does to the body, and his personal experience during the whole ordeal. It was the most informative 50mins I've ever spent in a classroom.
    Nice. The movie didn't really get into the specifics of his work. It mostly just showed the drama involved and the torturous processes that Pacino's and Crowe's characters went through. Good lookin out.

    Magnolia. Wow. Liked it, but not sure if I loved it. Extremely convoluted and ambitious. Definitely on a Ph. D. level of film if you will. Possibly Cruise's best; great cameo by Luis. Just wish Hoffman was in it more (might be the best in the game right now). Great jobs by both Macy and Reilly. It's long but it's definitely worth a look.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  12. #3212
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,020

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Yup! "Magnolia" is really good too. I do love that movie. Very good stuff. Good music-picture combination too.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #3213
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C'mon now, Gingerbread Man is hilarious!
    indeed

  14. #3214
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, the entire time I was thinking that I'd watch it again...because I felt as though I missed some parts.

    And I plan on watching part 2 as well. Might do that back to back some day during the upcoming holidays.
    I watched Godfather I and II about 5-6 times before I no longer felt like I was missing anything yet whenever I watch it - there is always something new that comes up...one of the few movies worth watching again and again...and gets better with each viewing

  15. #3215
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fargo, quite good.

    Buscemi's kinda funny lookin, more than most people donchya know?
    Fargo is actually one of those movies that gets better everytime you see it. The first time I saw it I liked it, but I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. As some critics were calling it one of the best movies of all time. But the second time I watched it, I liked it better than the first. and I enjoy watching it again and again.

  16. #3216
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup! "Magnolia" is really good too. I do love that movie. Very good stuff. Good music-picture combination too.
    That is one of those movies that I have always wanted to see, but never have. I should make a point of it

  17. #3217
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I disagree with all the Godfather part 3 hate. Hard to argue that it matches 1 and 2, but I also liked it a lot.

  18. #3218
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Home Sick so I watched some older movies

    XXX-State of the Union. Cool Special effects but some of them were just WAY too out there. The CGI was very apparent this time.

    Last Holiday-Still a funny movie to me.

    Elmo goes to Grouchland(My son's favorite movie and he was home sick with me.....so we watched it 3 times)

  19. #3219
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Ocean's Thirteen.

    I did like it, but it was probably the worst of the three (Unlike most people, I actually enjoyed Twelve quite a bit). Not sure what the problem was, but I think the caper plot was maybe a little too complex and they had to explain everything in great detail, so they didn't have as much time where everyone was just hanging around and saying clever lines.

    All in all, nothing really stood out aside from the (underused) Clooney/Pitt exchanges, Linus and Funkhauser, and the Utah brothers Mexican adventures. Not enough Basher either. Or Yen. And no Julia Roberts or CZJ, which wasn't really disappointing as much as just surprising.

    But either way, it was still fun and worth checking out. And Pacino actually wasn't even that over the top, which was a nice surprise.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 12-08-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  20. #3220
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ocean's Thirteen.

    I did like it, but it was probably the worst of the three (Unlike most people, I actually enjoyed Twelve quite a bit). Not sure what the problem was, but I think the caper plot was maybe a little too complex and they had to explain everything in great detail, so they didn't have as much time where everyone was just hanging around and saying clever lines.

    All in all, nothing really stood out aside from the (underused) Clooney/Pitt exchanges, Linus and Funkhauser, and the Utah brothers Mexican adventures. Not enough Basher either. Or Yen. And no Julia Roberts or CZJ, which wasn't really disappointing as much as just surprising.

    But either way, it was still fun and worth checking out. And Pacino actually wasn't even that over the top, which was a nice surprise.
    stop having my reactions to movies. it isn't healthy for either of us.

    i think we are 2 of the 7.5 people that enjoyed 12. but 13 is easily the worst. why the hell even bother with vincent cassel? should have had more clooney/pitt banter and by far the funniest part was the malloy mexican adventures.


    also watched the wendell baker story from a trio of wilsons. it doesn't elevate the genre or even enhance it but it wasn't unenjoyable. nice dialog and good performances from seymour cassel and wilsons.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  21. #3221
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Perfume - The Story of a Murderer

    I'm very intrigued after watching this film, and I feel as though there are many more meanings that I'm missing. I'm going to give the book a try.

  22. #3222
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    All The President's Men

    For about the 30th time. One of my favorites and further proof that Robert Redford doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves as an actor. Dustin Hoffman and Jason Robards are both great too.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  23. #3223
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think we are 2 of the 7.5 people that enjoyed 12. but 13 is easily the worst. why the hell even bother with vincent cassel? should have had more clooney/pitt banter and by far the funniest part was the malloy mexican adventures.
    I can see why people wouldn't like Twelve since the ending isn't nearly as rewarding or tidy as Eleven was. But the journey of getting to the end in Twelve and all the natural, clever and glib dialog (which is pretty much the whole point of this series) was just as good as -- if not better than -- Eleven.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  24. #3224
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,020

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All The President's Men

    For about the 30th time. One of my favorites and further proof that Robert Redford doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves as an actor. Dustin Hoffman and Jason Robards are both great too.
    Yeah, absolutely a great movie!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  25. #3225
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Bee Movie

    It was pretty good. I would recommend it to everyone. The Jerry Seinfeld humor is very present in this film so if you are a fan of Seinfeld the TV show or the comedian than spend the theatre dollars to get out and see this one or make sure it is on the rental list when it comes out. Quick breakdown for those who may not have heard about this one yet. Barry the Bee (Seinfeld) finds out the humans are stealing honey and selling it for profit and he sues the humans for all the honey to be returned to the bees so that they dont have to work anymore, Hilarity ensues 8.5/10

    In The Land Of Women

    Weird movie but it was also ok. If you ever watched The O.C. and liked the character of Seth than Adam Brody's character in this movie is pretty much the Seth person. The main younger female Lucy (Kristin Stewart) was not great in this movie, Seems like she has a speech impediment or something. Her mouth looked awkward as she spoke. Meg Ryan was also in this film and her character and acting was actually pretty good. If you are a Meg Ryan fan than this might be worth if for you. But I would give it a 4.5/10 at best from a male perspective.
    Last edited by N8R; 12-10-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Bunny Peanut Cheese

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •