Page 12 of 344 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 8586

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #276
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For A Few Dollars More.....
    How many times does that make? Ever see A Fistful of Dynamite aka Duck, You Sucker? Quite good and often overlooked. Have you seen the Kurosawa "Man with no name" series (Yojimbo, Sanjuro) on which Leone's "No Name" trilogy was inspired?

  2. #277
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many times does that make? Ever see A Fistful of Dynamite aka Duck, You Sucker? Quite good and often overlooked. Have you seen the Kurosawa "Man with no name" series (Yojimbo, Sanjuro) on which Leone's "No Name" trilogy was inspired?
    I've watched that one less than A Fistful of Dollars or The, The Bad and the Ugly. I'll bet that was only the second time I've sat and watched it all the way through. Obviously seen it in bits and pieces on cable many times.

    Have never seen Duck, You Sucker. When the Leone film festival was here last summer it was on my list to see, but in the end the only one I made it to see was A Fistful of Dollars.

    Haven't seen the Kurosawa movies. Don't yell at me, but the only Kurosawa movie I've seen the 7 Samurai.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  3. #278
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't seen the Kurosawa movies. Don't yell at me, but the only Kurosawa movie I've seen the 7 Samurai.......
    Not a bad one to have seen if you've only seen one. Heck, most people have never even heard of Kurosawa. If you get a chance, check out Ikiru. I think every man should see it.

  4. #279
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    White noise = not bad at all!
    The Interpretor = Its a political thriller, good movie!
    I've seen them both immediately after each other this weekend. I had expected a little more from White Noise, it's not real bad, but it certainly also isn't a movie which you won't forget quickly.

    The Interprettor I liked A LOT. Great plot, good directing, good acting ... a classical thriller. Definitely worth seeying and a good 2 hours spent .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  5. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Auto Focus - The Bob Crane story (The guy from Hogans Hero's). Good movie with alot of T & A.

  6. #281
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Auto Focus - The Bob Crane story (The guy from Hogans Hero's). Good movie with alot of T & A.
    That's one of those films where you feel like you need to bathe after seeing it. Good movie though.

  7. #282
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's one of those films where you feel like you need to bathe after seeing it. Good movie though.
    It's crazy to see a guy who has a chit load of fame, flush it right down the toilet. It's alright to be a nympho, but why the hell take pictures and video-tape it?

  8. #283
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's crazy to see a guy who has a chit load of fame, flush it right down the toilet. It's alright to be a nympho, but why the hell take pictures and video-tape it?
    He was a freak. And he found a fellow freak in Dafoe's character, who was a really creepy guy.

  9. #284
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was a freak. And he found a fellow freak in Dafoe's character, who was a really creepy guy.
    Dafoe is just a creepy guy no matter which role he plays. Ever seen Boondock Saints?

  10. #285
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dafoe is just a creepy guy no matter which role he plays. Ever seen Boondock Saints?
    Indeed I have. One of the worst "films" I've ever seen. Ever see Overnight? It's a documentary about the rise and fall of Troy Duffy, the guy (buffoon) who wrote and directed Boondock Saints.

  11. #286
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just saw the new Director's Cut of Donnie Darko. Doggone, that movie just stays with you, especially that montage at the end of the people waking up at night while that pretty song plays. The director's audio track explains a lot of the film that doesn't make sense if you don't know that background, but I don't know if it makes the movie any better to actually understand what the H is going on.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  12. #287
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    OH yeah, I meant to add - the other night I watched the documentary Metallica: Some Kind of Monster. Oof. I have no interest in heavy metal, but that was among the most moving bits of film I've seen. It can be dull and tedious, but its in a way that kind of like real life. Has anyone seen this?

    Its kind of a crime that I've heard so little about it when Michael Moore's documentary's get so much airplay.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  13. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed I have. One of the worst "films" I've ever seen. Ever see Overnight? It's a documentary about the rise and fall of Troy Duffy, the guy (buffoon) who wrote and directed Boondock Saints.
    I loved Boondock Saints and your really the first person that's told me they didn't like it. I thought it was awesome. I'll have to take a look at Overnight, thanks for the heads up.

  14. #289
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    You guys are nuts. Boondock Saints was awesome. The scene where funny man comes back to the house after he killed those guys at the deli was classic. Plus, any movie with Billy Connolly has to be good.

  15. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Oh, and just to please you Boondock lovers:

    http://imdb.com/title/tt0330083/

  16. #291
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are nuts. Boondock Saints was awesome. The scene where funny man comes back to the house after he killed those guys at the deli was classic. Plus, any movie with Billy Connolly has to be good.
    Barely watchable, in my opinion. I followed the Troy Duffy saga ever since his story broke in USA Today several years ago—how Harvey Weinstein read his script, bought the bar where Duffy worked and made him half owner; how Duffy was being hailed as the next Tarantino, blah, blah, blah, and how Duffy eventually alienated everyone around him to the point where Weinstein and the rest of Hollywood wouldn't return his calls. So I was looking forward to seeing Boondock Saints because I had been reading about it for so long. Let's just say it didn't surprise me that it sucked so bad.

  17. #292
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Terminal

    I thought it was entertaining.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  18. #293
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Vera Drake. Amazing film.

  19. #294
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Sideways.

    Absolutely loved it. It was very well written, directed, and Paul Giamatti is the second coming of God. And how great was it at the end when the class is reading John Knowle's A Separate Peace? Perfect parallel to Jack and Miles' relationship with each other.

  20. #295
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "For a few Dollars More" I liked it.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  21. #296
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Incredibles.

    all i can say is meh. wasn't visually stunning (except for all of the characters freakishly small irises) , wasn't funny, wasn't that original, wasn't bad.

    meh, although Sam Jackson did pretty well.

  22. #297
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Incredibles.

    all i can say is meh. wasn't visually stunning (except for all of the characters freakishly small irises) , wasn't funny, wasn't that original, wasn't bad.

    meh, although Sam Jackson did pretty well.
    EXACTLY my thoughts too! I thought it was nice, visually very well done. It was funny, but not THAT funny. It was "Ok", nothing special though.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  23. #298
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by pollardfreek
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sideways.

    Absolutely loved it. It was very well written, directed, and Paul Giamatti is the second coming of God. And how great was it at the end when the class is reading John Knowle's A Separate Peace? Perfect parallel to Jack and Miles' relationship with each other.

    Excellent movie. There were two or three scenes late in that movie that were very funny, they came and went so fast , but were very funny

  24. #299
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Empire Strikes Back........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  25. #300

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Sonatine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •