Page 115 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

The Simpsons Movie.

I expected more I think. I liked it but I wasn't IN like with it.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Mr. Brooks - good movie - really enjoyed it. worth giving it a go.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two excellent movies - I haven't watched either of them in about 4 years - I need to watch them again. 25th Hour surprised me by how much I liked it
    A couple of brilliant directors on their A game. Another Spike film I really love that seems to get overlooked is Clockers. It's got a similar jazzy scored, introspective somber tone to classic Scorsese stuff like Taxi Driver.

Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there. He's kinda cooled in recent years, picking some questionable parts at times (bland efforts in Italian Job and the Manhuter remake Red Dragon, Death to Smoochy...yikes). But it's hard to believe the Neo-Nazi thugh in American History X is the lame nerd at the start of Fight Club or the wimpy loser in Rounders.

I just Tivo'd and watched Jimmy Stewart/Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again, good classic formula western.

Episode 1 of the HD-DVD for the BBC doc Planet Earth. Holy freaking ultra-cool HD goodness. See a monster great white come 15 feet out of the water to grab a seal in super slo-mo HD.

Hot Rod http://www.hotrodmovie.com/

If you like the work that 'The Lonely Island' comedy trio of Andy Samberg (SNL), Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer (Both SNL writters) have done in the past (see SNL digital shorts Dick In A Box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA)and Roy Rules(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2GRITulf4)) than you will like this one. It has their typical sense of humour to it. If you don't know if you like their previous work, than check out their website http://www.thelonelyisland.com

Get rich or Die tryin'-50 Cent

He was actually a pretty decent actor. The movie had a quick ending that didn't really complete the story I felt, but it was a decent movie. Better than I expected.

Last Holiday -again, something goofy to watch with the wife.

Office Space -again, can never watch that too much.

Oh, and that John Rambo trailer above....That movie looks bloody as hell. Might be a fun watch for the special effects.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    A couple of brilliant directors on their A game. Another Spike film I really love that seems to get overlooked is Clockers. It's got a similar jazzy scored, introspective somber tone to classic Scorsese stuff like Taxi Driver.

Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there. He's kinda cooled in recent years, picking some questionable parts at times (bland efforts in Italian Job and the Manhuter remake Red Dragon, Death to Smoochy...yikes). But it's hard to believe the Neo-Nazi thugh in American History X is the lame nerd at the start of Fight Club or the wimpy loser in Rounders.
    i'm not as sure about red dragon, but i know that italian job was just to fufill his contract with the studio.

but i'm a big norton fan... primal fear, AHX, 25th, fight club, rounders, illusionist... great movies. if you're a norton fan you should check out down in the valley and the painted veil.

two little known facts:

he auditioned for the role of andy kaufman for "Man on the Moon" director milos forman could not decide between him and jim carrey and the studio elected to go with carrey. i'm a fan of that movie but its interesting to think about it were norton playing kaufman.

norton actually played guitar for a few gigs with Hole (the courtney love-fronted band)
    This is the darkest timeline.

Kicking & Screaming
    Two for the Money
    Idiocracy
    A Piece of the Action

And Big Siragusa was the man in 25th Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    i'm not as sure about red dragon, but i know that italian job was just to fufill his contract with the studio.

but i'm a big norton fan... primal fear, AHX, 25th, fight club, rounders, illusionist... great movies. if you're a norton fan you should check out down in the valley and the painted veil.

two little known facts:

he auditioned for the role of andy kaufman for "Man on the Moon" director milos forman could not decide between him and jim carrey and the studio elected to go with carrey. i'm a fan of that movie but its interesting to think about it were norton playing kaufman.

norton actually played guitar for a few gigs with Hole (the courtney love-fronted band)
    hopefully he'll do well with the new Incredible Hulk flick that is coming out in the future...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Haven't seen "Death to Smoochy" (and aren't planning too! ). HATED "The Italian Job".

"The Score" is another movie in which he starred. Pretty decent, not brilliant, but definitely capeable. I thought Norton in "Red Dragon" was decent, a little below his acting in "The Score" and miles below "Primal Fear", "The 25th Hour", "Rounders" and American History X", but not bad at all either.

Btw wasn't very impressed with "Down in the Valley". Just not my movie I guess .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there.
    No kidding.

Just looking at his IMDB page, and he did Rounders (1998), American History X (1998) and Fight Club (1999) one right after the other.

More importantly, he's playing Bruce Banner in the next Hulk? I had no idea, but it's supposedly filiming right now and due out next year. Being directed by the guy who did The Transporter flicks.

Not sure how I feel about that. Although, the last one was probably the wosrt movie I've ever seen, so it has to be a step up.

Norton's on tap to star in Motherless Brooklyn too, which is supposedly a really good book according to some of my friends. I haven't read it though. Has anyone here? Is Norton a good call there?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Kicking & Screaming
    Two for the Money
    Idiocracy
    A Piece of the Action
    What did you think of Idiocracy? I have been thinking of watching it but I havent heard anyones take on it yet.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    No kidding.

Just looking at his IMDB page, and he did Rounders (1998), American History X (1998) and Fight Club (1999) one right after the other.

More importantly, he's playing Bruce Banner in the next Hulk? I had no idea, but it's supposedly filiming right now and due out next year. Being directed by the guy who did The Transporter flicks.

Not sure how I feel about that. Although, the last one was probably the wosrt movie I've ever seen, so it has to be a step up.

Norton's on tap to star in Motherless Brooklyn too, which is supposedly a really good book according to some of my friends. I haven't read it though. Has anyone here? Is Norton a good call there?
    i think the hulk is hoping for batman begins results from the hulk (a box office smash + great acting + critcal acclaim). i think its going to fall short on the 3rd. i think the cast won't be quite as good as batman begins (bale, freeman, oldman, nieson, fat, caine, murphy vs. norton, blake nelson, roth) but will be competent. oddly, norton turned down playing harvey dent to play bruce in this film.

don't know a ton about motherless brooklyn, i remember it being rumored for quite a while that he might star in it.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Btw wasn't very impressed with "Down in the Valley". Just not my movie I guess .
    down in the valley, i enjoyed the performances of norton and david morse. as a complete film, it is 2/3 of the way there. the ending is quite a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by newman8r View Post
    What did you think of Idiocracy? I have been thinking of watching it but I havent heard anyones take on it yet.
    i didn't think it was nearly as funny as i hoped it would be. great concept but it just feels like a partial movie - so much of it i thought fell flat. still worth a look and has some very funny moments.

I think its definitely worth a watch...as clowns mentioned it does not reach the expectations...but lives up to its name.

Vacancy - good thriller - slow start - good middle - meh ending.

I thought it was decent. I laughed in my head a few times and out loud once or thrice. Plus, it was filmed right here in Austin.

But I agree with those above; it gets a much better grade for concept than content. Worth watching once I guess.

I recently watched Garden State...Which I think was lost on me because I just didn't get why its considered so good. Someone said I wasn't deep enough to get the metophores in the movie (e.g screaming into thin air), but yeah IMO it's a waste of space on my hdd.

The Lookout. A lot better than I expected. The kid from 3rd Rock was pretty good, as was Jeff Daniels, as always.

88 Minutes. It's an Al Pacino thriller if you haven't heard of it. Don't watch it. It's horrible. I'm assuming Pacino did it to fulfill a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    The Lookout. A lot better than I expected. The kid from 3rd Rock was pretty good, as was Jeff Daniels, as always.

88 Minutes. It's an Al Pacino thriller if you haven't heard of it. Don't watch it. It's horrible. I'm assuming Pacino did it to fulfill a contract.
    I didn't think it was a disaster. Is it one of the best Pacino flicks? of course not! However I thought it was watchable even though it might have been a notch below the Recruit....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

great concept but it just feels like a partial movie - so much of it i thought fell flat.
    QFT

It honestly feels like most of the scathing scenes were cut out and eh, a lame narrator/voice over was substituted. There are some good sight gags but they cannot justify buying the movie. Rent it only if you're a Mike Judge fan and enter with looooooow expectations.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

American Beauty

It had been a awhile since I had seen it and I decided to watch it. Granted the movie was dark and bleak for 99% of it but I loved how Lester
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post

He's turned into an excellent actor and I liked that movie very much

streets ahead

buck have you seen "Brick" ? its definitely an indie noir film, but joseph gordon levitt is in it and he's great. its a great movie - its like taking maltese falcon and putting into a high school.

heres the trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzHeJ0Z3I
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 08-08-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Mood

Zodiac

A truly great movie! Too bad it won't be liked because there were no car chases, sight gags, or mindless scenes of violence.

Arrow Re: What movie did you last watch?

buck have you seen "Brick" ? its definitely an indie noir film, but joseph gordon levitt is in it and he's great. its a great movie - its like taking maltese falcon and putting into a high school.

heres the trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzHeJ0Z3I
    No, I haven't seen it, but when "The Lookout" came out I heard talk of it, but I forgot the name of it, so thanks for reminding me. I try to rent it here in the next week or so. Trailer looks good.

Thanks
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-09-2007 at 12:00 AM.