Page 11 of 346 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 8634

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #251
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    We watched O Brother Where Art Thou Friday night. My brother got it for us for Christmas and we had never gotten around to watch it. It was pretty funny. I can't really compare it to anything else I've seen. Much better than I thought it would be.

  2. #252
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Shaun of the Dead last night.

    High-larious. Even without the humor it's still one of the best zombie movies I've ever seen.

    IndyToad
    You've got some red on you
    That's a real good laugh, yes, and definitely worthwhile watching.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  3. #253
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We watched O Brother Where Art Thou Friday night. My brother got it for us for Christmas and we had never gotten around to watch it. It was pretty funny. I can't really compare it to anything else I've seen. Much better than I thought it would be.


    I just did not get that movie, not one minute of it

  4. #254
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just did not get that movie, not one minute of it
    Watch it again and just let it wash over you. In other words, don't try to get it. There's nothing really to get.

  5. #255
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Incredibles.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #256
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Incredibles.......
    And...? I haven't seen it.

  7. #257
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And...? I haven't seen it.
    Well, it's no Korean noir directed by Kurosawa about Hitler killing the old west with modernization while he searches for stolen civil war gold with the Baxters on one side, the Rojos on the other and him right in the middle, then goes on one last killing to get a bounty put up by a cut-up whore after his family was killed by redlegs, but I thought it was a lot of fun......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  8. #258
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch it again and just let it wash over you. In other words, don't try to get it. There's nothing really to get.

    True. O' Brother is just an adaptation of Homer's "The Odyssey" to the Dust Bowl era. A lot of the language in the movie comes straight from The Odyssey, which can make it a little hard to 'get'.

  9. #259
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,623

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

    Seen it before, but the kids hadn't. I still like Raiders better.

    SharkTale

    I thought it was OK. Some good music. I liked the Rasta jellyfish, one of which was voiced by Ziggy Marley.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  10. #260
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. O' Brother is just an adaptation of Homer's "The Odyssey" to the Dust Bowl era. A lot of the language in the movie comes straight from The Odyssey, which can make it a little hard to 'get'.
    Delmar: Care for some gopher?
    Everett: No thank you, Delmar a third of a gopher would only rouse my appetite without beddin' her back down.
    Delmar: Oh, you can have the whole thing me'n Pete already had one. We ran acrost a whole...gopher village.

  11. #261
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Shaun of the Dead last night.

    High-larious. Even without the humor it's still one of the best zombie movies I've ever seen.

    IndyToad
    You've got some red on you

    Shaun of the Dead is a great movie. As you said, hilarious.

    I recommend it for the humor and the zombies.

  12. #262
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Amelie.

    Great movie, even for "dudes".

    Gives false confidence that the wierdo eccentric in us all can hook up with Audrey Tautou.

  13. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,314

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Family Guy...The freakin' sweet collection.

  14. #264
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I went to a screening last night of Larry Clark's (Kids) next film called Wassup Rockers. Should be pretty interesting when it's cleaned up and edited down. Probably won't ever make it into wide release, but then again, his films rarely do.

  15. #265
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to a screening last night of Larry Clark's (Kids) next film called Wassup Rockers. Should be pretty interesting when it's cleaned up and edited down. Probably won't ever make it into wide release, but then again, his films rarely do.
    Nobody does vomit inducing teen sex scenes like Larry Clark.

  16. #266
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Run Lola Run.

    I love the soundtrack. Good movie, too.

  17. #267
    Member jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Charleston
    Age
    34
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    waiting for guffman

  18. #268
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Melinda and Melinda.

  19. #269
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Finding Neverland. Which I thought was very good.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  20. #270
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Anyone seen "White Noise" or "The Interpretor"? I know what they are about, but I want to know what people thought of them .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  21. #271
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Palindromes. This is probably Todd Solondz' bleakest film yet, if you can believe that. I found it hard going, even boring at times, although there was definitely a slow burn quality and by the end I was pretty much drawn in.

  22. #272
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen "White Noise" or "The Interpretor"? I know what they are about, but I want to know what people thought of them .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    White noise = not bad at all!
    The Interpretor = Its a political thriller, good movie!

  23. #273
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Palindromes. This is probably Todd Solondz' bleakest film yet, if you can believe that. I found it hard going, even boring at times, although there was definitely a slow burn quality and by the end I was pretty much drawn in.
    Bleakest yet?? Maybe I'll take a pass on that one.

    Actually I like his stuff. I saw Dollhouse and Happiness. Please tell me you saw Happiness. I laughed way more that I should have at that movie. I guess it sounds elitist, but I think Happiness was in a way, was too smart, too in your face, for the average viewer. I really loved it. A Lot.

    Palindrones? Hadn't heard of it. I tell ya, it's hard keeping up with films other than Finding Nemo 6 and Elektra: Redder and Sexier, with their constant advertising barrage. I'll have to track that movie down. Solontz has a sick, hilarious, unconfortable humor that cracks me up.

  24. #274
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bleakest yet?? Maybe I'll take a pass on that one.
    There is a scene in there that will completely scramble your brain, the one that takes place at Mama Sunshine's. You just can't believe he goes there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I like his stuff. I saw Dollhouse and Happiness. Please tell me you saw Happiness. I laughed way more that I should have at that movie. I guess it sounds elitist, but I think Happiness was in a way, was too smart, too in your face, for the average viewer. I really loved it. A Lot.
    I saw Happiness and own it on DVD. The first time I saw it in a theater, an entire row of women in front of me and my wife got up and left after about 20 minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Palindrones? I'll have to track that movie down. Solontz has a sick, hilarious, unconfortable humor that cracks me up.
    Then you'll like this. Did you see Storytelling? His film before this?

  25. #275
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    For A Few Dollars More.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •