Page 376 of 379 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379 LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 9452

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The original was actually a solid Stephen King adaptation. This looks creepy as hell. I'm getting hyped.
    The trailer looks good. I love that it appears it's going to take place in the same time period (80's) as the original. Pretty much every time they try to "modernize" a classic horror film, it falls flat.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The trailer looks good. I love that it appears it's going to take place in the same time period (80's) as the original. Pretty much every time they try to "modernize" a classic horror film, it falls flat.
    I agree....but one of the few exceptions (and still one of my favorite horror movies of all time) is John Carpenter's "The Thing". I was 7-years old when that came out, and the dog scene freaked me out!

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I agree....but one of the few exceptions (and still one of my favorite horror movies of all time) is John Carpenter's "The Thing". I was 7-years old when that came out, and the dog scene freaked me out!
    I was never really into The Thing for some reason.

The "modern" remake of The Fly was good, though.

I saw Get Out as well. Definitely not what I was expecting. It was a good movie, but I expected more because of all the hype it's been getting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guardians of The Galaxy vol. 2 is fantastic. Adds a serious tone while keeping the fun atmosphere of the original, and provides layers to everyone that were missing before.

Kurt Russell as Ego is okay. Still not a compelling villain, but at least he wasn't totally forgettable, which is a step forward.

I probably enjoyed the first movie more, but vol. 2 is a better movie overall. Bigger stakes and a satisfying conclusion.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The promise: great movie A++
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Got to go to a early screening of King Arthur. Really enjoyed it.

Sports Logo

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2.

Excellent movie. I feel like there was a bit too much comedy, but all the characters were great. I honestly thought Bautista's character was weak in the first, but he's pretty good in the 2nd. I feel like he's not befitting the name "The Destroyer" though. Gunn seems to have nerfed their abilities.

The opening scene was gold w/ baby groot was gold!

edit: Rooker's character as Yondu was pretty epic.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 05-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2- Halfway through the movie I was prepared to say that the first one was the better movie...but the Ego reveal and the way it concluded did a complete 180 for me. I absolutely loved how they went from this heartfelt moment to holy ****, you did what?? Phenomenal. Comedy was great as always, but once again it found a way to pack an emotional punch towards the end. Some great relationships were expounded upon and it never felt like too much.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2- Halfway through the movie I was prepared to say that the first one was the better movie...but the Ego reveal and the way it concluded did a complete 180 for me. I absolutely loved how they went from this heartfelt moment to holy ****, you did what?? Phenomenal. Comedy was great as always, but once again it found a way to pack an emotional punch towards the end. Some great relationships were expounded upon and it never felt like too much.
    I agree with this. I felt a Lot of the jokes fell flat, but the last half or so was gripping. The 2nd Break the Chain score was awesome as well to me, a real highlight. I loved how we learned more about other characters, although I felt Zoe Saldana's character could've used more. It's like she's only present for others (Star what's his name, her daddy, and sister).

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I saw Get Out as well. Definitely not what I was expecting. It was a good movie, but I expected more because of all the hype it's been getting.
    I found it hilarious and genuinely creepy, personally. I was happy with a lot of the casting too, saw people I didn't expect.

Mother- Stars Albert Brooks and Debbie Reynolds never seen this movie before pretty funny. Never realized how many recognizable actors are in this film(Rob Morrow, Lisa Kudrow to name a few)

Alien: Covanent is a visually stunning film. It's also a bitter, joyless unforgiving and worst of all, predictable film that hates its audience. I'm usually great at getting the best out of bad films, but this one actively wants you to hate it.

I feel like Ridley Scott wants to kill the Alien franchise so he can do other stuff, but he can't until people no longer want to see Alien films. promethius was his baby and people complained that it wasn't really an Alien film, and this is his middle finger. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

The most unforgivable part is that the Alien
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    in a movie titled alien. if that's a spoiler for you, sorry but if that makes you not want to watch this film, you're welcome.
    Last edited by Kstat; 05-19-2017 at 08:05 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Everything Everything- Saw an advanced screening of it last Tuesday. Cute although the twist was predictable.

To Sir with Love- An old movie starring Sidney Poitier good movie as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Blood Work- A thriller with Clint Eastwood that came out 15 years ago. It was good overall even if it was rather predictable.

Sports Logo

what's the deal w/ the super close framing in Jackie?

War Machine: it was OK
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

Kubo and the 2 strings

Loved it. Just amazing stop animation.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Wonder Woman is basically the best superman movie ever made. It isn't without some flaws but this is generally the type of movie you'd want from the DCEU.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    It isn't without some flaws but this is generally the type of movie you'd want from the DCEU.
    so being capable of being called pretty decent? it's a low bar man.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    so being capable of being called pretty decent? it's a low bar man.
    I would call it pretty good. It isn't good by DCEU standards, it should be the standard for other DCEU movies to meet/beat.
    Last edited by Kstat; 06-03-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Months later and I now have watched Rogue One.
    I thought it was well done. It actually strengthens A New Hope by explaining away what's been considered a plot hole.
    It had some lighter dialog in it, but overall the movie was rather dark.
    I also expected this to be more of a standalone movie in the Star Wars universe. Maybe that's just because I managed to stay away from spoilers and trailers. I didn't expect it to connect right on directly into A New Hope like it did. So essentially, it's a prequel that fits in at 3.5 in the series (smack dab between Ep III and Ep IV).

I can't imagine any Star Wars fans being disappointed with it... or Sci Fi fans in general.
    I liked the movie, but the whole (I think the movie has been out long enough this is not a spoiler) destroying the depository just to give another Death Star scene and to tie up the loose ends neatly doesnt make alot of sense to me. Unless there is another planet with a Spaceballs-like force sheild with a duplicate set of records, is it in the Empire's best interest to destroy all of those records in hopes of maybe stopping one from being stolen? It was obvious the soies were outgunned, even with the back ups which showed up. When they stated Death Star 2 did they have to completely redraw the plans or was there a back up somewhere?

As I said, this was a good movie, that part of it just bugs me.

Sports Logo

Wonder Woman

Fantastic movie.

Sports Logo

heard plenty about it but never actually wathced The Island of Dr. Moreau. WHAT THE HELL lol

I think I'm getting old. Wonder Women was OK. I found it rather odd though.

I didn't realize Michael Bay was doing another Transformers movie. I would rather sit in a dentist chair all day long and have every tooth extracted without any pain killers than to sit through a Michael Bay movie.

Many of the super hero movies are decent, and obviously a lot of people love them, but it is shocking me to think back 15-20 years ago and realize that there was a time when every summer movie wasn't a super hero movie.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: