Page 378 of 379 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379 LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 9465

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #9426
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,772

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I badly want to see War for the Planet of the Apes...
    It is really good. Hard to believe rooting for the apes but in this one it is impossible lot too. Almost all the movie focuses on the apes. And they are great. As a whole movie it might not have been great but certain scenes were breathtaking.

    Overall though I liked Baby Driver more.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  3. #9427
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Superhero movies are a cash cow. I'm also sick of them.
    I doubt I'll ever get tired of good superhero movies. But garbage like Bayformers needs to burn in hell.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #9428
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spiderman Homecoming was amazing. It is a movie that I can watch over and over. Holland is likable and immature. Everything that Peter Parker should be was portrayed by Holland. He was a dorky and awkward teenager. He messed up a lot. But things came together, not because he figured things our, but because Peter would not back down in his clumsy way.
    I thought the movie was very good, but not my favorite Spider-Man movie. Probably second or third, though.

    Holland was spot-on as Peter, and Keaton was fantastic as the Vulture, but the supporting cast felt more like one we'd see in a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #9429
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There seems to be a lack of variety when it comes to entertainment options and I find that silly I like a variety of movies if you tell a good story people will watch. They rather resort to these type of movies because its the lazy option for them and it makes the most $$$
    It always goes in cycles. It wasn't all that long ago when romantic comedies were everywhere. Freaking Julia Roberts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #9430

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It always goes in cycles. It wasn't all that long ago when romantic comedies were everywhere. Freaking Julia Roberts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    True come to think of it I see much fewer romantic comedies than before.

  7. #9431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Everything Must Go- I don't think I ever heard of this movie but for some reason I was intrigued to watch it. I don't really follow Will Ferrell like that but I prefer him in these roles compared to his "Funny" ones. Kind of a dark comedy really.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  9. #9432
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,059

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the movie was very good, but not my favorite Spider-Man movie. Probably second or third, though.

    Holland was spot-on as Peter, and Keaton was fantastic as the Vulture, but the supporting cast felt more like one we'd see in a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The script did feel exactly like they write it for Miles morales and panicked at the last second. It's like they didn't think Miles was a strong enough pull.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  11. #9433
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Really want to see Baby Driver and the new Apes movie.

  12. #9434
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,778

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Also recommend Baby Driver. Very cleverly written and well casted.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  13. #9435
    Custom User Title Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,976
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I badly want to see War for the Planet of the Apes...
    Went to Spider-Man HC instead. While it was pretty good, it did seem to run a little long even if you remove the Marvel world building. And apon further reflection, you could definitely tell there were six writers attached to it...
    Edit Signature

  14. #9436
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Natston, your new avatar is an affront to my sensibilities.

  15. #9437
    Custom User Title Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,976
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Natston, your new avatar is an affront to my sensibilities.
    It's still slightly better than Bradichick...
    Edit Signature

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  17. #9438
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    10,731

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Captain America Civil War. I watched it for the second time because my brother-in-law had not seen it. This is my least favorite Marvel movie, for it seemed just to happen to introduce Black Panther and Spider Man. I know they had the "drama" of the accords, which seemed to affect Agents of Shield more than the movies, but everything else really didn't amount to much. Bucky still ended up locked up and the big divide bettween Cap and Stark was hemmed up in the end. The fight at the airport was cool but I felt as I did after seeing it in the theature. Ehh.

  18. #9439
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's still slightly better than Bradichick...
    I'll give you that.

  19. #9440
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    33,059

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Dunkirk has a razor thin script, no well developed characters and it is amazing. As close to a roller coaster experience as you will get in an IMAX theatre. The entire move is one 90-minute long gorgeous action sequence. Maybe the quintessential Christopher Nolan film.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #9441

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Girls Trip- Saw an advanced screening of it a few days ago. Funny albeit predictable.

    A lot raunchier than I expected though.

  21. #9442
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    "Wyatt Earp", had no idea this movie was made 6 months after Thompstone, it looks like Kevin Costner was going to be in Thompstone but had some issues with the producers and he ended up doing his own thing, great movie, a lot of great actors, recommended.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  22. #9443
    Custom User Title Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,976
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Logan...
    Edit Signature

  23. #9444
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,030

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunkirk has a razor thin script, no well developed characters and it is amazing. As close to a roller coaster experience as you will get in an IMAX theatre. The entire move is one 90-minute long gorgeous action sequence. Maybe the quintessential Christopher Nolan film.
    Reminded me of a silent Howard Hughes fighter pilot film, gotta think it was amid to him. Very well done,intense flick.

  24. #9445
    DONCIC 2018 PacersHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    A Ghost Story was a beautiful look at grief, just like Manchester By The Sea was. This was a more artsy and abstract movie and dealt with the enormity of time as much as it did grief, but I think I prefer it to Manchester and every movie I've seen this year.

  25. #9446
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,772

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunkirk has a razor thin script, no well developed characters and it is amazing. As close to a roller coaster experience as you will get in an IMAX theatre. The entire move is one 90-minute long gorgeous action sequence. Maybe the quintessential Christopher Nolan film.
    Saw this yesterday in IMAX. I highly recommend IMAX.

    Difficult to describe the movie. It is PG-13 and the amount of gore is pretty low compared to Saving Private Ryan or Hacksaw Ridge. I think Dunkirk more than any movie I can remember does the best job of making the audience feel like they are actually there in the war. It is understated, there is not a lot of dialogue, it is often haunting and exhilarating at the same time. I was completely 100% caught up in the experience.

    Without a doubt one of the most unique movie going experiences ever.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  27. #9447
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    8,678

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Anyone else see "The Big Sick"? Great movie, truly a RomCom, with a great romantic story, but its also downright hilarious.


  28. #9448
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,767

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Saw Dunkirk at the IMAX. Awesome. Highly recommend that format - although my wife got a bit motion sick early on, which made it a bit less enjoyable for her.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  29. #9449
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    22,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Titanic is on VH1 now. I don't think the special effects would be any better in 2017 than they were in 1997. Just an amazing visual experience (I'm a Titanic buff who is incredibly biased towards the story).

  30. #9450

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    American Loser- a Dark comedy starring Seann William Scott.

    He truly was a loser and it was based on the RL story of Jeff Nichols(the guy who wrote The Little Yellow Bus)

    Good performance but the movie overall was okay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •