Page 187 of 344 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 8580

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Step Brothers

Hilarious.

Kung Fu Panda

It was good. Seemed like most animation movies you see these days.

Leatherheads...sucked

And, does anyone else think that botox should be banned?

I saw Wall E it was OK, I guess I like movies with real people in them. My favorite part of WallE was all the fat people - enjoyed that - but the main storyline was boring

House Bunny

Not good.

Twilight- It was better than I thought. I took my 15 year old daughter and I'm sure she liked it more than I did. Not a bad way to spend time with a teenager in your life and enjoy some popcorn at 10:00 in the morning.

sweabs

American Beauty

Perfect Pie

Twilight: I had no idea what this was before I went. I generally love Vampire movies and shows (trueblood, Moonlight, Dracula, Fright Night, etc., etc.)

My first moment of concern was when I went into the lobby and saw that there were litterally 45-50 teenage girls, from as low as 13 up to probably 19, standing waiting to get in.

As I set through the first half of the movie I asked my wife if there were going to be vampires in this vampire film.

I'll just say this, this felt far more like a tv show of the cw than a major motion picture.

It was not the worst film I've seen this week, that is reserved for the turd that is leatherheads, but it isn't the best either (battle of the bulge).

As long as you don't go in expecting to see vampires and understand that there will be lots and lots of teenage angst, then it's ok.

I just wasn't ready for this and felt dissapointed. But again I will say this is because I was expecting vampires to acting like, well vampires.

This was more like smallville, which btw I like, just wasn't prepared for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman8r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    House Bunny

Not good.
    really?

I thought it was kind of funny, of course being an old man I probably found Anna Faris more appealing than you did. I'm sure it was her acting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    It was not the worst film I've seen this week, that is reserved for the turd that is leatherheads, but it isn't the best either (battle of the bulge).
    OK...I agree on Leatherheads, but you can't be talking about the Henry Fonda "Battle of the Bulge". This movies holds a special place for me because I watched it as a small child with my father (who actually fought in the battle.) However, I watched it again a few years ago, and though the sentimental value was still there, it was a truly horrible movie.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Twilight: I had no idea what this was before I went. I generally love Vampire movies and shows (trueblood, Moonlight, Dracula, Fright Night, etc., etc.)

My first moment of concern was when I went into the lobby and saw that there were litterally 45-50 teenage girls, from as low as 13 up to probably 19, standing waiting to get in.

As I set through the first half of the movie I asked my wife if there were going to be vampires in this vampire film.

I'll just say this, this felt far more like a tv show of the cw than a major motion picture.

As long as you don't go in expecting to see vampires and understand that there will be lots and lots of teenage angst, then it's ok.

I just wasn't ready for this and felt dissapointed. But again I will say this is because I was expecting vampires to acting like, well vampires.

Twilight is one of those films that you should read the books first. I've read the books, enjoyed them, and enjoyed the movie. If you would have read the books or even realized the basic premise of the movie or the target audience, then it would have been much better.

Oh, if you didn't like this, don't ever read the True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse) novels...they are pure trash...

BTW, how ARE vampires supposed to act? haha.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Twilight.

I enjoyed it. See the post above. The books are way better, though.

Sports Logo

Best review.

Mood

I don't recall: Did you ever watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    OK...I agree on Leatherheads, but you can't be talking about the Henry Fonda "Battle of the Bulge". This movies holds a special place for me because I watched it as a small child with my father (who actually fought in the battle.) However, I watched it again a few years ago, and though the sentimental value was still there, it was a truly horrible movie.
    I've saw three films last week.

Leatherheads, Battle of the Bulge & Twilight.

I rank them as follows

1. Battle of the Bulge
    2. Twilight
    3. Leatherheads

Yes, it is the same film with Fonda. As to truly horrible film? To each thier own, while certainly it is somewhat campy by today's standard and the acting is stiff. I still find it entertaining and far far better than leatherheads.

But I'm not saying it is an all time film classic, I'm just saying it was the best film I watched last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't recall: Did you ever watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
    The movie was ok, however I knew what it was going in so my expectations were low.

The t.v. show, I caught a few episodes but honestly just didn't get into it to much.

About a year ago I bought season 1 on dvd and my wife and I tried to watch it but frankly it just didn't appeal to us. We watched maybe half the season and then just gave up.

I know you are going to tell me I will smoke a turd in hell for this next statement, but here goes.

I really have never seen anything from Joss Wheden that I loved. Firefly was just ok but not great. Buffy and Angle were both "meh" in my mind.

I'm not sure what I am going to think of dollhouse.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I watched it again a few years ago, and though the sentimental value was still there, it was a truly horrible movie.
    THATS what I told him...

Quote Originally Posted by The Toxic Avenger View Post
    THATS what I told him...
    You were to busy watching the new arby'n the chief movie.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

You were to busy watching the new arby'n the chief movie.
    IF by Arby 'N the Chief you mean Starship Troopers then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Toxic Avenger View Post
    IF by Arby 'N the Chief you mean Starship Troopers then yes.
    True, however there is a new arby'n the chief.

Fight Club

It was on TV and it had been a number of years since I last watched it. Still a great movie.

Role Models

Watched a CAM version that I downloaded, was a good quality for being a CAM version. I liked the movie, there were some very funny parts and a few sets of boobies so that helped even more. Plus it had little kids swearing and being talked to like they were adults which I find funny as well. I would recommend it if you are a fan of Judd Apatow films.

Quantum of Solace

It wasn't horrible, but I no time did I care anything about what I was watching. If the person I was with at any point during the movie, said, "I'm bored, can we leave" I would have said sure why not.

It wasn't that it was bad, just completely un-involving. No characters did I care about one way or the other. The bad guy was uninteresting. Bond was boring.

Thinking back I remember very little about the movie.

I guess it just isn't my type of movie. But can they put together a plot next time.

Also watched Zodiac for the first time on DVD (did see it when it was in the theaters) I love this movie. Not sure why - it is kind of long, for the last 90 minutes there are no more killings - but I just sat mismerized watching it - even missed the start of the Pacers vs Heat game Saturday night because I wanted to see it all.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-24-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Sports Logo

Cool Runnings

One of my all time favorite movies. Gets better every time.

Sanka mon, whatcha smoking?
    I'm not smoking, I'm breathing!

Dream Big