Page 344 of 348 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348 LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 8695

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #8576
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    22 Jump Street. It was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. Wasn't as clever, and seemed to try a little too hard for everything to be funny.
    I didn't care for the sequel at all. It was a shameless copy of the first movie.
    David "And One" West

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  3. #8577
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Fault in Our Stars was very good. Shailene Woodley was outstanding, and is a shoe-in for an Oscar nomination. If I were an actress looking to win an Oscar for 2014, I would be nervous....
    David "And One" West

  4. #8578
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I enjoyed it, but certainly loved the first one more. (Of course, the first one might be my favorite movie.) You can tell there's pretty much no script.

    I liked the more subtle jokes more than some of the obvious ones. (like, Jonah's walk of shames.)
    Maybe my favorite part of the sequal was at the end while the credits were rolling - I thought that was funny and clever

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  6. #8579
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,291

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Godzilla has way, WAY less Cranston than they lead me to believe. also, I'm sure it's cheaper and everything, but stop with all the damn actions scenes being at night

  7. #8580
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Anyone seen the new Melissa McCarthy movie? I was considering giving it a try.

  8. #8581
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Dawn of the Planet of Apes - wow that was impressive. Didn't take a wrong turn. An action movie with heart, characters, suspense. I loved it from start to finish and cannot wait until the next one.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  10. #8582
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dawn of the Planet of Apes - wow that was impressive. Didn't take a wrong turn. An action movie with heart, characters, suspense. I loved it from start to finish and cannot wait until the next one.
    I have been wanting to see that, hopefully before it leaves the theaters. I have watched "Rise" more times than any other movie in recent memory...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  11. #8583
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Begin Again - A wonderfully made, feel good movie. Mark Ruffalo was excellent in it. Kiera Knightly is a little weak on the singing and Adam Levine is a little weak on the acting but the movie hit all the right tones and pacing. I recommend this one pretty highly.

  12. #8584
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been wanting to see that, hopefully before it leaves the theaters. I have watched "Rise" more times than any other movie in recent memory...

    Watching Dawn gave me the same feeling as watching Dark Knight.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-28-2014 at 08:48 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  14. #8585
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    [QUOTE=funnyguy1105;1893806]Sex Tape - This was a tough one to watch. I thought the premise was excellent and the cast was strong but the script itself was terrible. I found myself enjoying the first 15 minutes and thinking the bad reviews of it were off base.... Then everything after that was forced, formulaic, and quite frankly just dull. If you're feeling tempted to give this one a try anyway I recommend waiting for the redbox.

  15. #8586
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,943
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't care for the sequel at all. It was a shameless copy of the first movie.
    Well done. (A++ sarcasm for those unsure.)

  16. #8587
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Guardians of the Galaxy are getting some great early reviews.

    9.2 from IGN
    100% on rotten tomatoes the last time I checked (over 19 reviews) - though I think like an 8.2 overall.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  18. #8588
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,219
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    [QUOTE=funnyguy1105;1893986]
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sex Tape - This was a tough one to watch. I thought the premise was excellent and the cast was strong but the script itself was terrible. I found myself enjoying the first 15 minutes and thinking the bad reviews of it were off base.... Then everything after that was forced, formulaic, and quite frankly just dull. If you're feeling tempted to give this one a try anyway I recommend waiting for the redbox.
    I am not a big time movie critic or buff by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought this movie was entertaining. Is it one that I am going to watch again? Probably not. I would agree with you in that it is probably best to Redbox it as opposed to dropping 10$ and going to the theater.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  20. #8589
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    West Lala
    Posts
    239

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Lucy was pretty dull I thought. People I went with kind of enjoyed it.. It was an interesting watch, but such a shallow movie overall. Could have been a lot more, although I didn't have high expectations going in. Tons of pretty shots, and a few minutes of story

  21. #8590
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,539

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dawn of the Planet of Apes - wow that was impressive. Didn't take a wrong turn. An action movie with heart, characters, suspense. I loved it from start to finish and cannot wait until the next one.
    Yeah, I was completely hooked from start to finish. One of those movies that you must see in a theater. Awesome movie.

  22. #8591
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,249

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Watched a movie with Don Johnson called Cold July. Not bad at all. Some great tension and some John Carpenter inspired atmospheric music. Little bit of Coen Brothers thrown in. 7.5/10 in my book.

  23. #8592
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,222

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil(2010)

    Super hyped horror/comedy that I saw a few years ago so I gave it a re-watch. I really like Tyler Labine so it goes without saying I like the movie, but not quite as much as I thought I would. It's a solid entry into the genre, but this was so hyped up that honestly I expected a little more. After the first couple of gags where the college kids accidentally off themselves and blame it on Tucker and Dale, you can kind of see what's coming. There aren't a ton of funny lines just funny situations that become predictable as I said. I would still recommend the movie as it has it's moments, but it's nowhere near the best of 2010 like many critics proclaimed.
    These are my favorite kind of movies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I enjoyed it, but certainly loved the first one more. (Of course, the first one might be my favorite movie.) You can tell there's pretty much no script.

    I liked the more subtle jokes more than some of the obvious ones. (like, Jonah's walk of shames.)
    I really enjoyed it too. I like the funny/action movies that aren't serious. The ones that are usually have too many stupid, impossible, and predictable moments.

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sex Tape - This was a tough one to watch.
    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

  24. #8593
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,479

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Watched the last 30 minutes of Rocky 3 today. Mr. T was a beast in the day and definitely not for the anti-concussion crowd.

  25. #8594

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Guardians of the Galaxy- Fantastic Marvel movie, one of the best ones they've created so far. It was funny, heartwarming, and the characters were memorable.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  26. #8595
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guardians of the Galaxy- Fantastic Marvel movie, one of the best ones they've created so far. It was funny, heartwarming, and the characters were memorable.
    Agreed. Not quite at the Iron Man 1, Avengers, Cap 2 level. But very good. Really, I can't think of anything at all wrong with it. Characters, pacing, action, a bit of humor. All right on the mark. Better than I expected, and I expected it to be good. Really good job developing the characters. Both Rocket and Groot were better than I expected, especially as the movie went on and I got used to them.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  27. #8596
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,249

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Final Destination 2

    The formula is a little tired at this point, but these movies know what they are and they deliver in the entertainment/action category. Totally enjoyed re-watching Final Destination 2. One of my favorite ones from the series. I think the only one I haven't seen is 4.

  28. #8597
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a spoof

  29. #8598
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I wanted to watch Do the Right Thing tonight only to find out it is not on Netflix. Come on, that movie is 25 years old. Ugh...

  30. #8599
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Guardians of the Galaxy was extremely fun and a pleasure to watch. Loved the use of music. And Rocket Raccoon, how can you not like him? My wish is that they sometime and soon introduce Nova to the Avengers team or at least in the Marvel Universe. That'd be neat. 5 out of 5.

  31. #8600
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Guardians of the Galaxy is a wonderful, wonderful movie. I love the contrast of the lighter, wishful cosmic Marvel universe vs. the darker political undertones of the Shield/Avengers storyline.

    All five guardians were very memorable. Not one of them was taken for granted or shoved aside. Really hard to pull that off.

    It'll be cool when those two worlds combine. I assume that's going to be Phase 3.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •