Page 338 of 348 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 8699

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #8426
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,251

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love Jaws, when they always ask the question what movie is a must if stuck on an island it's one of those top 10.
    Great movie.....but deserted island movie? Might not be a good idea as you would never want to go into the water

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  3. #8427
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Lenny Cooke caught it on showtime. It is a must watch for any basketball fan. **** is so sad almost made me cry. Basically the story of Lance Stephenson or maybe a better example is Renardo Sidney except Lenny didn't make it. Lenny was the #1 player in the nation. The AAU circuit and these camps are just sad. Just sad how many people used Lenny. Sad how he wasted away his talent everyone told him to get money instead of go to school. Now he is broke uneducated and it is just sad. It is a must watch for anyone who is into basketball recruiting and really just life lessons. I would make it mandatory for any kid who is ranked in HS to watch. Shows what entailment and not willing to work will get you.

    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-23-2014 at 03:49 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  5. #8428
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great movie.....but deserted island movie? Might not be a good idea as you would never want to go into the water
    You'll be fine as long as you have a bigger boat.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  7. #8429

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Police Academy- Funny your typical cheesy 80s flick
    State and Main- I really wanted to like it but I found it rather meh overall.

  8. #8430
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    It occurs to me that I don't think I've been to the movies in over two months now. I think the last thing I went to see was Hobbit 2.

    There were things I was interested in seeing, but either the timing was wrong, my mood was wrong, or I was looking to save a little $, but gosh that's a long time for me to not have gone at all.

  9. #8431
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I haven't either, but generally speaking the month of Feb is the time of the year for the studios to dump bad movies and maybe a rom-com for Valentines Day. Oh, and the weather was awful.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  10. #8432
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Hitchcock (2012) with Sir Anthony Hopkins - Definitely recommend if you like Hitchcock. Very good stuff, just wish there was more about his life's story. haha



    Warm Bodies - Eh, it was decent. A good flick to watch once, but not memorable to want to watch again.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  11. #8433
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I have not seen 12 Years a Slave. Will hopefully see it soon. Hope it won because it was the best movie regardless of the subject matter.

    Lego Movie. Thought the plot was nonexistant. But it was very clever and had some funny lines. 2 days after seeing it I have no idea what the plot was

  12. #8434

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have not seen 12 Years a Slave. Will hopefully see it soon. Hope it won because it was the best movie regardless of the subject matter.

    Lego Movie. Thought the plot was nonexistant. But it was very clever and had some funny lines. 2 days after seeing it I have no idea what the plot was
    12 Years a Slave absolutely deserved to win. Tough watch, but not gratuitous or maudlin. Realistically brutal. Acting is incredible throughout, and it's a gorgeously-shot film. Without spoiling it, there's this one long take, a couple minutes, that is equally beautiful, terrifying and stomach-churning.

    I've yet to meet anyone who thought the film was bad. Mostly just people who said they would never see it again, but at no disrespect to the quality of the film itself.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  14. #8435

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Constellation- an interracial drama starring Billy Dee Williams and Gabrielle Union it was okay on paper but the movie fell flat.

    Stripes- Good 80s fun didn't know John Laroquette was in it I've been watching Night Court from the beginning and Dan was my favorite character.

  15. #8436
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constellation- an interracial drama starring Billy Dee Williams and Gabrielle Union it was okay on paper but the movie fell flat.

    Stripes- Good 80s fun didn't know John Laroquette was in it I've been watching Night Court from the beginning and Dan was my favorite character.
    Bull needs some love.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  16. #8437

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I like Bull a lot more than when I originally watched(caught it in the middle of its run watched it sporadically so I had no idea about all these cast changes)

    Didn't realize Brent Spiner had a recurring role on here so different than Data

  17. #8438
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Watched Swiss Family Robinson (1960) and Groundhog Day on Saturday with some relatives. I loved SFR as a kid, and I can still see why, though it's not amazing, just solid. I do think really highly of GD, though; funny, deep, powerful.

  18. #8439

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Her- really enjoyed this movie. The acting and direction was terrific and I felt really engaged with the story
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  19. #8440
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,184

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I've been catching up on movies lately. Over the past few weeks I have watched:

    Frozen

    I'm a 28 year old dude, I watched it alone, and I enjoyed the **** out of it. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry. I enjoyed Tangled too, for that matter. The little snowman dude was hilarious.

    The Perks of Being a Wallflower

    I often quene up movies and forget why I decided at some point to watch them and forget what they are about. This one was excellent. I wasn't totally expecting everything that happened, but it's just a movie that made me feel good.

    Despicable Me 2

    Whatever. Minions, gibberish, goofy villains.

    About Time

    I'm not going to get sucked into the time travel vortex and I'll just appreciate this movie for the message it drives home. Puts things into perspective a little bit.

    The Wolverine

    It was stupid.

    Thor: The Dark World

    "Guys, crazy idea: For Thor 2, instead of ****ing up New York something fierce, let's **** up London!" In fairness, they really were a lot gentler on the chaps from across the pond's city, but I don't know, I thought it was kind of dumb. These Marvel movies are getting to the point where they are all more or less the same in their pacing and comedic timing. Tom Hiddleston is good and I enjoy looking at Natalie Portman but it doesn't warrant a repeated viewing.

  20. #8441

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I really enjoyed About Time. You can't watch it as a pure time travel film like Primer or even Donnie Darko or something like that, because its time travel logic is all over the place (to be fair, I don't think Richard Curtis cares, it's intentionally silly). You watch it more for the commentary on relationships and life, and the slow realization that it's not a film about the relationship you think it's about. That, and the beach scene in particular, definitely hit me hard.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  22. #8442
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been catching up on movies lately. Over the past few weeks I have watched:

    Frozen

    I'm a 28 year old dude, I watched it alone, and I enjoyed the **** out of it. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry. I enjoyed Tangled too, for that matter. The little snowman dude was hilarious.

    The Perks of Being a Wallflower

    I often quene up movies and forget why I decided at some point to watch them and forget what they are about. This one was excellent. I wasn't totally expecting everything that happened, but it's just a movie that made me feel good.

    Despicable Me 2

    Whatever. Minions, gibberish, goofy villains.

    About Time

    I'm not going to get sucked into the time travel vortex and I'll just appreciate this movie for the message it drives home. Puts things into perspective a little bit.

    The Wolverine

    It was stupid.

    Thor: The Dark World

    "Guys, crazy idea: For Thor 2, instead of ****ing up New York something fierce, let's **** up London!" In fairness, they really were a lot gentler on the chaps from across the pond's city, but I don't know, I thought it was kind of dumb. These Marvel movies are getting to the point where they are all more or less the same in their pacing and comedic timing. Tom Hiddleston is good and I enjoy looking at Natalie Portman but it doesn't warrant a repeated viewing.
    I just watched Thor 2. Not very good, imo. Thor spent most of the movie getting his *** kicked. I'm all for the hero taking some punches, but he had to be saved every damn time! Movie gets a "meh".

    Hated The Wolverine too. I wanted to like it desperately, but it was just bad.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  23. #8443

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Little Nikita- Eh it was average I liked the idea of it but it just seemed so dated.

    Throw Momma Out of the Train- Had its moments but overall wasn't that interesting to me.

  24. #8444

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Lego Movie-I really enjoyed this. It was funny as hell, warm, and had an unexpected ending. Good stuff

    Wolf of Wall Street- That was crazy

    Les Miserables
    - Some great singing performances, esp Hathaway in the beginning. That was powerful. Hugh Jackman was terrific throughout
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  25. #8445
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,945
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    12 Years a Slave absolutely deserved to win. Tough watch, but not gratuitous or maudlin. Realistically brutal. Acting is incredible throughout, and it's a gorgeously-shot film. Without spoiling it, there's this one long take, a couple minutes, that is equally beautiful, terrifying and stomach-churning.

    I've yet to meet anyone who thought the film was bad. Mostly just people who said they would never see it again, but at no disrespect to the quality of the film itself.
    Yup, that's the shot that pushed me over the edge; perfect encapsulation of why it's a bad movie. My review of the film is somewhere in this thread; I don't need to express more negativity over something that most people like.

    But yeah, 12YAS won because people felt like they should vote for it. (Two jackass Academy members came out and said so.) That's nothing new. McConaughey won because he lost a bunch of weight and got AIDS. If it were fair and true, MM would have won for Magic Mike and Harold Ramis would have gotten some awards instead of a few seconds of an In Memoriam.

  26. #8446
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,251

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, that's the shot that pushed me over the edge; perfect encapsulation of why it's a bad movie. My review of the film is somewhere in this thread; I don't need to express more negativity over something that most people like.

    But yeah, 12YAS won because people felt like they should vote for it. (Two jackass Academy members came out and said so.) That's nothing new. McConaughey won because he lost a bunch of weight and got AIDS. If it were fair and true, MM would have won for Magic Mike and Harold Ramis would have gotten some awards instead of a few seconds of an In Memoriam.
    I disagree with you about 12 Years A Slave, but do agree that the best films often don't win. Sigh....such is life. Just look at some of the rappers that win grammies that probably don't know what a C chord is and couldn't sing a note without auto-tune to save their lives. Grammies are a bigger farce than the Oscars to me.

  27. #8447
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,251

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    The Sentinel(1977)

    A classic in the horror genre. Maybe a little over-rated, but I enjoyed the slow build and creepy tension. Maybe one of Beverly D'angelo and Jeff Goldblum's first roles.

  28. #8448
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,319

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, that's the shot that pushed me over the edge; perfect encapsulation of why it's a bad movie. My review of the film is somewhere in this thread; I don't need to express more negativity over something that most people like.

    But yeah, 12YAS won because people felt like they should vote for it. (Two jackass Academy members came out and said so.) That's nothing new. McConaughey won because he lost a bunch of weight and got AIDS. If it were fair and true, MM would have won for Magic Mike and Harold Ramis would have gotten some awards instead of a few seconds of an In Memoriam.
    C'mon, stop being so cynical. I know the trope about award winning weight loss and all, but let's not pretend Wooderson didn't abolish that role.

  29. #8449
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Wreck It Ralph.

    Even better the 2nd time seeing it. Love this movie!
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  30. #8450
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,945
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C'mon, stop being so cynical. I know the trope about award winning weight loss and all, but let's not pretend Wooderson didn't abolish that role.
    Hey man, I've been referring to super agent Rick Peck as the best actor alive for a couple of years now. My point was that he should have won for Magic Mike, and the reason he finally DID win was because of the kind of role he chose.

    Getting an Oscar is a combo of voters' perception of a role/movie and the awards campaign. The "socially relevant" role plus the promotion from Focus Features and HBO gave him all the juice he needed. His actual performance in the movie is mostly secondary. I think the fact that the Vegas odds for the winners were pretty must all exactly right shows that the awards are super predictable. I really don't find it cynical, since this has been the MO for the Oscars for as long as I have been alive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •