Page 335 of 346 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 8640

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Saw the screening of Grudge Match earlier this evening.

Truly hilarious! Highly recommend it.

Make sure you watch the credits though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Anchorman 2.

More of the same. If you liked the first, you will like the 2nd. Insanely over the top news team grudge match that won't disappoint.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anchorman 2.

I laughed hard.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

-Home Alone

Wife's first time seeing it. She really enjoyed it.

-Miracle on 34th street (updated 90's version)

Getting into the Christmas spirit!

Now really free Lance!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Don Jon - I didn't really know what to expect from a movie written and directed by JGL. It's really bad. It's a white version of that movie last year based on that awful Steve Harvey book. It's what a twelve year old would make after getting his first girlfriend, trying to tell his buddies how great true love is. You can't tell if he's making fun of New Jersey, or if he thinks the editing is clever, or if there was a script supervisor. It's so bad and tropey that it's almost fun, but you're not quite sure how sincere it is, like it doesn't seem like JGL would be that oblivious to terrible characterizations, cliches, and storytelling. I'm surprised this isn't on more Worst Of lists. Not recommended in any way really.

Gravity in 3D

meh

Now really free Lance!

Olympus Has Fallen.

or "Die Hard: At the White House"

I expected I'd turn it off in the first 15 minutes because "White House Down" had lowered my expectations for this. But that didn't happen.... Plot holes galore if you bothered to think about them rather than just watch the action. But as a Die Hard type thriller it was fine.

And speaking of those plot holes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Other than that if you like Die Hard flicks then grab some popcorn because I don't see how you wouldn't like this too.
    Last edited by Bball; 12-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

The Butler. Not a fan of the movie for a number of reasons, but Oprah can legitimately act her *** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Butler. Not a fan of the movie for a number of reasons, but Oprah can legitimately act her *** off.
    Maybe she should act more then?

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wife and I just watched "The Call", great movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Wife and I just watched "The Call", great movie!
    lmao

Seriously? Looked so cheesy and awful from the previews.

Now really free Lance!

Saving Mr. Banks

I found it to be pretty well done (nothing amazing, but well done) and I was moved by it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Wolverine 3D. Got it for my wife for Christmas because she loves Hugh Jackson's "acting skills" so much. It was a little long, but not too bad in all. Guess it set up the next X-men movie. I remember Logan going back to Japan in the comics and it not going well. How much of this movie tied into that story line?

Seeing it in 3D has me wanting to go back and see Hobbit 2 in 3D. This was our first time using our 3D TV/blue ray which will lead to more viewing in 3D.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I liked it a lot, but I agree with you completely. Oprah was fantastic in it.

Saw American Hustle. Jennifer was hilarious, but the movie itself was only..sort of good..for me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I liked American Hustle. A little long, but I was entertained the whole time. Amy Adams steals the movie. Christian Bale is excellent too.

Rush

Clockwork Angels Tour blu-ray

Excellent. Almost unmatched musicianship. Watching these kind of concerts will make you realize that the state of popular music is at an all time low.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All four of us went (woo family time! MEH, sure but guess who get's to pay, yep) went to see saving Mr. Banks.....very good show. A bit schmaltzy TH monolog toward then end but what movie with TH in it doesn't have a schmaltzy monolog? Like Hicks, I was moved by it and learned a bit.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

You're Next(2013)

So disappointed. I had been looking forward to this for months as it got some good reviews and decent IMDB rating. The characters in the movie are not likable(other than the female lead) and make some of the stupidest, most head scratching decisions that they deserve to die. I just kept rolling my eyes the whole time. Horrible. To top it all off it is a home invasion movie that's not even scary. The killers remind you of the bandits from Home Alone for crying out loud. The Strangers is not perfect by any stretch but is miles better than this film. So disappointed as this film was hyped up by many and I enjoy the genre. Even The Purge was better than this.

Rush(2013)

Easily in my top 5 of 2013. I'm not a racing fan in the slightest and thought it was a great movie.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

American Hustle - I'm not sure if it's supposed to be compared to movies like Boogie Nights and Goodfellas, because if so, it's really not in that category. It's not thematically strong or serious and focused enough to be an all-time great period piece. But other than that, I don't really have any complaints. Watching this reminded me of watching Django last year. It very nearly got to the point of too much scenery chewing, too many crazy camera movements, too many silly wigs and outfits...but not quite. Just a movie for people who love movies with all the O'Russell trappings of people yelling at each other in houses and cute winks at the audience's love of the genre being played with. Pretty strongly recommended.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    lmao

Seriously? Looked so cheesy and awful from the previews.
    Its way better than the previews would suggest the ending kind of bothered me but I felt they did that for a potential sequel. They were able to keep the suspense for the entire movie without having it drag.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    American Hustle - I'm not sure if it's supposed to be compared to movies like Boogie Nights and Goodfellas, because if so, it's really not in that category. It's not thematically strong or serious and focused enough to be an all-time great period piece. But other than that, I don't really have any complaints. Watching this reminded me of watching Django last year. It very nearly got to the point of too much scenery chewing, too many crazy camera movements, too many silly wigs and outfits...but not quite. Just a movie for people who love movies with all the O'Russell trappings of people yelling at each other in houses and cute winks at the audience's love of the genre being played with. Pretty strongly recommended.
    I agree with most of this. It's a pretty good flick but I can't imagine there's too many people that'll rush out to get the DVD after seeing it in the theater. It honestly kind of feels like Russell gunning for an Oscar or two, same thing he's been doing since The Fighter. Which is, I dunno, I get wanting to be recognized by your peers I suppose, but it's disappointing.

But anyway, since she can do no wrong somebody has to say it, Jennifer Lawrence was pretty crap in the movie. She's still only 23(!) so I'm not gonna knock her or anything, but I didn't like her here and I didn't get the praise for Silver Linings (her and the movie as a whole). I hope she gets away from Russell. Big fan, she's really good, but she's got some ground to cover playing the ingenue. She needs a lot of subtlety, maybe that's just age.