Page 334 of 347 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 8662

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Frozen- loved it. Reminded me a lot of Wicked (which I also saw last week in Indy...amazing)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Thor 2. I went in with low expectations, and thankfully it exceeded them. A well done movie, just not the kind that really gets me very invested emotionally, so it was more of just a fun escape. The after-movie scene with that collector guy was interesting.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thor 2. I went in with low expectations, and thankfully it exceeded them. A well done movie, just not the kind that really gets me very invested emotionally, so it was more of just a fun escape. The after-movie scene with that collector guy was interesting.
    You do know who he is right?

Nope

Nerd.
    Mood

Nope
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm somewhat familiar with the infinity gauntlet and Thanos, but I know nothing about the collector or the guardians of the galaxy (just that their movie is coming).

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Act of Killing - So, yeah, every positive thing you've seen or read about this movie is true. It's dark comedy nirvana. The way it ends in a maddening, hilarious, terribly sad catharsis, it's almost like it was made up. Like there's no way it could resolve (and yet be completely unresolved) in such a perfect and perfectly ambiguous way. Certainly darker than Exit Through the Gift Shop, but it totally knocked me off my feet intellectually and emotionally. Best movie film since ETtGS. It has the championship belt. Recommended in a way that I don't think I can fully express.

A Band Called Death - No documentary (or any movie) is going to come off as amazing after TAoK, but ABCD (isn't that fun?) is so engaging, emotional, and difficult not to smile at. One of the best recent movies that is about religiousness that wears it on its sleeve and still does so effectively. Very deft storytelling (obviously quite similar to Sugarman) with the twists, turns, and new characters introduced in the latter parts of the movie. A lot more honest about music and the music business than we are usually comfortable with being. Highly recommended.

Gravity(2013)

My favorite movie of 2013. Might be my favorite sci-fi of all time. I was so invested and enthralled it seemed like the movie lasted 30 minutes.

Golden Globe nominations.

Best Motion Picture - Drama
    12 Years a Slave
    Captain Phillips
    Gravity
    Philomena
    Rush

Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
    American Hustle
    Her
    Inside Llewyn Davis
    Nebraska
    Wolf of Wall Street

Mood

Of the drama list I've only seen Gravity and Captain Phillips. Neither of those were better than Dallas Buyer's Club.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Finally saw The Way Way Back. Man, that was just a damn good film. I know it won't win any awards (though Sam Rockwell really deserves a nomination), but like Mud, it was just a well-acted, honest story I didn't want to end. There have been a lot of films that have really just hit me hard as genuine, well-told, well-shot and entertaining. Like, I've been invested in what happens, can relate to characters, don't find myself tempted to check my e-mail during the movie, etc.

2013 has been a great year for film so far. Can't wait to see Gravity.
    I'm late to this party but I remembered reading a post on here about this movie and just watched it tonight. I could not agree more with this post. I loved that movie, and echo what UB said: It's probably my favorite movie of the year so far (full disclosure: I haven't seen a whole lot of non-popcorn flicks this year). Just really well done all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Frozen- loved it. Reminded me a lot of Wicked (which I also saw last week in Indy...amazing)
    Love that musical. I've seen it twice, and was lucky enough to see it on Broadway one of those times. I have a feeling I'll be spending the rest of my life going "that was a pretty good musical...wasn't Wicked though.."

So I might have to see Frozen now.

Gonna see American Hustle when it comes out. Because..you know..Jennifer Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Gonna see American Hustle when it comes out. Because..you know..Jennifer Lawrence.
    Have you seen Jennifer in The Poker House? I saw it on Netflix over the summer. You might like it, she even plays basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The, uh, birthing scene was extremely graphic and deeply unsettling to me for some reason.
    in that case, avoid the animal planet series "monsters inside me"
    you won't like that show either.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

I saw Inside Llewyn Davis

It was a trippy movie I was okay with it till the ending and then I'm like what did I just watch?

Fortunately it was a screening if I paid for it I would've been a lot more upset.

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug- enjoyed it a lot. The ending is a bit controversial, but otherwise fun action and great acting. Smaug (Cumberbatch) was awesome and terrifying
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I just saw Hobbit as well. I see what you mean. Stupid to make this three movies. Two would have been plenty.

Finally got to see Fast 6 this evening, They didn't have it on Comcast OnDemand for the longest time. Pretty good movie, its certainly advanced the story that bridges the gap of the Tokyo movie. I liked Fast 5 better as it was more of a Heist movie. But Fast 6 had some great features. Good fight scenes, I thought the Ramp cars were insanely cool. Suffered from some insanely impossible stunts, just like Fast 5. I thought this one had some majorly forced plots holes to advance the movie, and could have been better thought out.

But i will say seeing Jason Statham step out of the car in that last scene got me so pumped up for FAST 7. Then I remember the obvious recent developments. But Statham is a great action star, and he can actually act when he gets a good script. I'm hoping they flesh his character out to be more than just the Hitman.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Frank & Robot / Robot & Frank

I really liked it. Good little movie.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Liked the clif hanger. Not sure how the people who saw this said this could have been over in 2? I'm fine with 3. It was much much better than the first Hobbit. I actually hated the 1st one cause of it's slow start and just terrible CGI action once they were captured by the Goblin King.

The 2nd one redeemed itself.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I'd just cut out the stuff with the necromancer. That'd probably be all you need to make this two movies.

I really like the Necromancer parts. It's not something that was overly talked about in the Hobbit but was incredibly important for that time period while Gandalf was away from the Dwarves. I'm glad they did this

I like them too, though I don't care for Radagast the Brown.

I would also throw out the contrived Legolas and "I'm Not Actually A Tolkien Character" Woman storyline as well. The bits with her and one of the dwarves just did nothing for me, either.

I guess I ought to put this in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I like them too, though I don't care for Radagast the Brown.

I would also throw out the contrived Legolas and "I'm Not Actually A Tolkien Character" Woman storyline as well. The bits with her and one of the dwarves just did nothing for me, either.

I guess I ought to put this in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler: