Page 333 of 347 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 8662

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Gravity still translate watching at home on a HDTV?
    it will still be good, but go see it in 3D right now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Prisoners(2013)

Might be my favorite movie released this year. Lives up to it's 8.1 on IMDB.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Thor 2- Enjoyed it quite a bit. Better than the first, good comedy. You can definitely see Alan Taylors GoT pedigree, the battle scenes were more gritty than the first.

And I love Tom Hiddleston. His Loki is a fabulous character
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Heat - Meh

Pacific Rim- Awesome and cool movie, that is predictable and cliched.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Halloween III

I haven't seen the first two or any of the following sequels, but I'm really interested in these characters and I can't wait to see their origin stories and how they develop over the course of the series.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Halloween III

I haven't seen the first two or any of the following sequels, but I'm really interested in these characters and I can't wait to see their origin stories and how they develop over the course of the series.
    What? Is this a joke? Halloween 3 has nothing to do with any other movie in the Halloween series.

Why's it so hard to make a stand alone Wolverine movie? "The Wolverine" sucks. I tried to just watch it as nothing but an action movie, but even just the stunts suck. There's tons of shot with visible wires and even if you can't see them it's obvious they're there, people floating and getting yanked back like they got shot out of a cannon and whatnot. It's just really shoddy work.

Nerd.
    Mood

At the Indianapolis premiere of Medora.

Should be watching Catching Fire today. I'll let you all know how it is. Jennifer Lawrence is so freaking hot.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Catching Fire

Really fantastic. The writers, directors, and producers of this film should write, direct, and produce all book to movie films.
    Jennifer Lawrence's acting improvement was astounding too. Huge difference. (Not that she wasn't great in the first.)

Also, Jenna Malone is hilarious.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Prisoners - Parts of it aren't too bad, and there are some parts that are hilariously bad. But it's mostly a network procedural on steroids. The end is pretty funny, but I think it was supposed to be serious. It's like they made a police procedural thriller with the same structure as From Dusk Till Dawn, but kept the same tone the whole way. And they never explained what happened with the dog. Poor dog. Not recommended, especially for dogs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Real Steel

Pretty predictable and not without its faults, but entertaining all the same.

7.5/10

finally saw Prometheus yesterday on cinemax on demand.
    extremely disappointed and found it to be one heaping, steaming pile of dung
    i suppose the writers felt if you throw out a thousand questions and don't answer any of them, it displays that you are a profoundly deep thinker.
    plus most of the characters were dumber than a sack of rocks. i mean like the 2 guys who tried to leave but got lost- what was the point of bringing those flying scanner things since that guy who brought them in didn't even bother to look up what they mapped out?
    and i know movies often require suspension of disbelief but they really pushed it too far with the guy who tried treating that little snake creature like it was some cute little puppy. you have just encountered some totally unknown wild animal with which you are completely unfamiliar and totally ignorant of what it is capable of or any diseases it might carry.
    got many, many complaints with that film- so glad i didn't bother to see it in the theaters as i would have felt totally ripped off.

Finally saw "Man of Steel" and "The Avengers"

I like the Avengers better actually... Both were OK. I have a hard time getting up for these Comic Book movies these days. A tad bit overdone IMHO.
    Actually, I got the feeling The Avengers was another Iron Man movie and I think I liked it better than Iron Man 3.

Man of Steel.... I dunno... The flashbacks got a little old. I suppose I know why they used so many flashbacks but there were so many that I the first time I tried to watch the movie I ended up zoning out. I was tired and expecting more action rather than the back story being slowly fed to me. So I saved the viewing for another time when I wasn't so tired.

But I enjoyed both. My review maybe sounds like I didn't.... but like I said... I have a hard time getting excited about another comic book movie.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Avengers was WAY better than Iron Man 3. I always thought that a movie called Iron Man would have some scenes with Iron Man in it. As it was the third movie he spent maybe 15% of it in the suit. Might as well have called it "Tony Stark walks around and is a giant smart *** for two hours".

Philomena - excellent movie. Judi Dench is always good. Interesting true story that was told with humor and respect for the subject matter. If you like this type of movie you will really enjoy it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    finally saw Prometheus yesterday on cinemax on demand.
    extremely disappointed and found it to be one heaping, steaming pile of dung
    i suppose the writers felt if you throw out a thousand questions and don't answer any of them, it displays that you are a profoundly deep thinker.
    plus most of the characters were dumber than a sack of rocks. i mean like the 2 guys who tried to leave but got lost- what was the point of bringing those flying scanner things since that guy who brought them in didn't even bother to look up what they mapped out?
    and i know movies often require suspension of disbelief but they really pushed it too far with the guy who tried treating that little snake creature like it was some cute little puppy. you have just encountered some totally unknown wild animal with which you are completely unfamiliar and totally ignorant of what it is capable of or any diseases it might carry.
    got many, many complaints with that film- so glad i didn't bother to see it in the theaters as i would have felt totally ripped off.
    The, uh, birthing scene was extremely graphic and deeply unsettling to me for some reason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Departed. I had never seen it before. Very entertaining movie. Star-studded too.

God Bless America..... For those with Netflix do a search, find it, watch it, have a good laugh in a sick way.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Spiderman 2 trailer. Looks good. I really hated the first, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Nerd.
    Mood

So Rhino is some sort of mechanized suit or a robot? Huh?

I'm just surprised that it appears the Green Goblin is also in it. I thought Electro was going to be the main villain.

Electro is the main villain, but I think they're trying to set up a Sinister Six for the next movie. You have a teaser there for Doc Oc and Vulture as well
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Dallas Buyers Club. Not the movie you want to see for action or great dramatic arc, but rather for great acting. Jared Leto should get an Oscar for best supporting. Very compelling. It has stayed with me for a whle post-viewing.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to McClintic Sphere For This Useful Post:

The Family. Sucked.