Page 314 of 349 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 8722

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Olympus has Fallen. I enjoyed it. Ton of action.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evil Dead (2013)

Pretty well done, I guess. I think I may be at the end, or at least the beginning of the end, of watching movies like these. I feel "over it". I'm not scared, I'm barely ever startled, of course it's gross, and at some point it becomes, "Why am I watching?" I basically was just enjoying the filmmakers' execution of the art rather than getting into the movie itself. I wasn't bored.

I liked it. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't seen the original 30 years ago, but I like watching Suburgatory on TV, and it was good to see the lead actress in a much different type of role. Just like the original, the new movie successfully mixed horror and humor together without making fun of itself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

The Last Exorcism. I liked it. I like these kind of movies if they are done well.(like Exorcism Of Emily Rose)

Saw - No I didn't watch the whole thing and while it was disgusting and not the type of movie I like at all. I must admit I started watching it about 10 minutes in and got the set-up and even though I didn't keep watching from that point, something kept drawing me to switch back to it to see what was going on now. And I was intrigued enough to want to know how it ended, so I did watch the ending. Overall I probably watched about half of the movie - not sure I could have taken anymore that - but I enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would. I will give them some credit for an intriguing plot

Olympus Has Fallen -

Must have been in the mood to watch movies this past weekend, because I also sort of liked this. There was enough intrigue, enough times during the movie when I was thinking what would they really do if this did happen, how would we react. One thing I enjoyed - is they played it straight, meaning they didn't try to make it a movie like Independence Day. There wasn't any humor (except for 1 line that I remember) and it wasn't too hokey, sure it was over-the-top at times and it was surprisingly violent for this type of movie, but it had a hard edge to it. I like it more than Air Force 1 - a movie it is often compared to - the last half of AF1
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-08-2013 at 08:27 AM.

for my birthday, the wife got me the Matrix collection on bluray, Singing in the Rain and X-Men First Class.

I haven't seen Singing in the Rain in years. My favorite musical. Can't wait to watch this soon.

Now I just need to get Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Just seen the previews for "The Great Gatsby" looks like it could be epic.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

There is a horror movie called The Conjuring that received record breaking test scores so the studio moved it to the July spot to battle the other blockbusters. I have great hopes for this as good horror movies are few and far between it seems.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Room 237

Documentary about 5 obsessed fans of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. Each has their own theory about a hidden meaning or message that Kubrick intended to convey, drawing upon perceived symbolism and subtext in the film. The theories range from the Holocaust to a confession by Kubrick for his part in the faked Apollo moon landing. The theories are all interesting enough, but what really makes the documentary go is the psychology of the theorists.

My favorite is the guy who thinks because of the abundance of mirrors and reverse images in The Shining that it is intended to be viewed both forwards and backwards, and to that end, he created a version of the film that overlays a reverse copy over a forward copy. Some of the juxtapositions are quite jarring.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm pretty hyped for it. Baz Luhrman's certainly an acquired taste but the guy was freaking made to direct Gatsby.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Django Unchained

Holy **** what a movie. I love it, and I'm not even a Tarantino worshipper.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    The Last Exorcism. I liked it. I like these kind of movies if they are done well.(like Exorcism Of Emily Rose)
    I really enjoyed that movie as well. Did you see Last Exorcism Part II? Didn't get a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes so am waiting for the DVD.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched The Hunger Games last night since it came out on Netflix. I actually enjoyed it which. It was much more violent than I expected for what I thought was a kid's movie.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I really enjoyed that movie as well. Did you see Last Exorcism Part II? Didn't get a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes so am waiting for the DVD.
    Haven't seen it either and I did see the negative reviews as well. Guess we'll wait and see.

Haunted House(2013) Marlon Wayans.

I really wanted to like this movie as I enjoy spoof movies(and even own Scary Movie on blu ray) but this movie was just plain BAD. I can't even remember laughing at all. Seems like all the humor(if you call it that) is just sick sex and farting type stuff. Weird. It's like their demographic for this film was 7th Graders or something. Avoid.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm pretty hyped for it. Baz Luhrman's certainly an acquired taste but the guy was freaking made to direct Gatsby.

Why in the hell is it in 3D?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Oblivion - my first IMAX experience - better to watch it with as little information as possible - Tom Cruise still can carry the lead roles - good flick

About to watch Jurassic Park in 3D. Just because.

Glad I went. It proved to be nastolgic (I was 9 when I saw it in theaters in June 1993), it was fun seeing it in a theater again (they really ought to do that more often with classic movies; it's different than at home), and they did a very good job with the 3D effect.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Funny Games - The original one from 1997 by Haneke. I had heard that this movie was terrifying. The first half isn't really, though it was fairly effective; it was uncomfortable and gross. During the second half, it becomes clearer what Haneke's intention is with the movie and it just becomes him masturbating to his not even sort-of clever ideas. It isn't even logical on a very simplistic level. I'm not sure how anyone could like the film. Not recommended to anyone, except Michael Haneke I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Funny Games - The original one from 1997 by Haneke. I had heard that this movie was terrifying. The first half isn't really, though it was fairly effective; it was uncomfortable and gross. During the second half, it becomes clearer what Haneke's intention is with the movie and it just becomes him masturbating to his not even sort-of clever ideas. It isn't even logical on a very simplistic level. I'm not sure how anyone could like the film. Not recommended to anyone, except Michael Haneke I suppose.

Watch The Strangers instead.

42 - Jackie Robinson Story - Mixed thoughts on this movie. I just think it could have and should have been better. I mean the true story is a great great story amnd should be able to make a great movie, and while this movie was likable and entertaining it fell flat.

The Exorcist(1973)

I hadn't seen this in forever so I thought I rewatch was in order. It had been so long that I actually forgot that a ouija board contributed to the possession. Still holds up really well and deserves it's status as a horror movie icon.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Evil Dead

really seems like they tried to cram the two evil dead movies into one evil dead movie, not scary just very gory and if you have seen the original evil dead movies and accepted/liked them for what they were you'll probably at least be entertained by this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I watched The Hunger Games last night since it came out on Netflix. I actually enjoyed it which. It was much more violent than I expected for what I thought was a kid's movie.
    It was actually far more violent in the books.

I thought it was one of the better young adult books to movies series that's been around for a while. But it was still missing important elements. And as much as I understand the need to reduce the violence because of the target audience...I think they could have stayed closer to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    The Exorcist(1973)

I hadn't seen this in forever so I thought I rewatch was in order. It had been so long that I actually forgot that a ouija board contributed to the possession. Still holds up really well and deserves it's status as a horror movie icon.
    I saw this just after it originally came out in the theaters. I was pretty young and we snuck in the theater despite us being under 17. We had to sneak in because in the case of this movie, they made an exception and treated the movie like it had an x-rating, and so they allowed no one under 17 in the theater, even though the movie was rated R. I think they substantially cut it for the re-release that was a more appropriate version for the R rating. Scariest movie I ever saw that was made before 1980. Actually, I still consider it the scariest movie I have ever seen because I can't think of an other flick that made me want to keep the lights on at night.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post: