Page 313 of 348 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 8695

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Banned

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make an interesting point that I would like to discuss. What is your definition of a chick flick? Anyone else? I have never really understood what it means to guys.

I know what a chick flick is not, it is not a gross out comedy (although was Bridesmaids a chick flick?) it is not an action movie, it is not a super hero movie, it is not a blood and gore horror movie or any kind of violent movie. But what about a drama like Lincoln - probably not.

Is s chick flick a romantic comedy? is it a tear-jerker? Silver Linings was a romantic comedy, but also a serious drama - that to me would qualify it as a chick flick. Although the major difference is perhaps it is really well done. So I tend to think a movie that is a romantic comedy and or a serious drama that isn't any good ia a chick flick but a well done movie in the same genre is not.

A chick flick is derogatory, I do know that.

A chick flick is whatever my girlfriend likes and I don't like

Bridemaids, Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, Safe Heaven(), Sex and the City(), Chick Flicks are movies that you always know how they are going to end, is always some stupid love history, some Chick flicks are well done (Pretty Woman) but others are just the same crap as the other ones.

Death Race

Pretty terrible.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Watch the Chronicle Yesterday. Interesting Movie. I don't understand why they kill off the black kid though, just stupid writing. Would have been better to have them both trying to fight the demented cousin in the end.

Reminded me of Akira in the end, especially with him in the hospital and the one cousin yelling "ANDREWWW!!!!" ......."TETSUOOOOO!!!!" alll through out the final stand off.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I went in without knowing anything about it and believe it or not in my entire life I have never seen the Wizard of Oz.
    You've got to rent it sometime. My top ten all time movie list changes time to time but Wizard of Oz always makes it in there for me personally.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Almost forgot..... Red Lights... Robert De Niro obviously needed some money.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Banned

Project X is a must watch, good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Almost forgot..... Red Lights... Robert De Niro obviously needed some money.

That was turible

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    You make an interesting point that I would like to discuss. What is your definition of a chick flick? Anyone else? I have never really understood what it means to guys.

I know what a chick flick is not, it is not a gross out comedy (although was Bridesmaids a chick flick?) it is not an action movie, it is not a super hero movie, it is not a blood and gore horror movie or any kind of violent movie. But what about a drama like Lincoln - probably not.

Is s chick flick a romantic comedy? is it a tear-jerker? Silver Linings was a romantic comedy, but also a serious drama - that to me would qualify it as a chick flick. Although the major difference is perhaps it is really well done. So I tend to think a movie that is a romantic comedy and or a serious drama that isn't any good ia a chick flick but a well done movie in the same genre is not.

A chick flick is derogatory, I do know that.
    Eh, I would categorize Bridesmaids as an indie dramedy with a Melissa McCarthy performance. SLP was a romantic comedy but relatively character driven and pretty subversive.

I think the main thing that makes a chick flick a chick flick is that the love story drives the plot, making it seem inevitable and thus trite and predictable. RomComs aren't necessarily chick flicks, of course, see 500 Days of Summer or Annie Hall. There's really either love drama (like Love Story, or more recently, the Nicholas Sparks ones) or love comedy (from City Lights to Some Like It Hot to Harry Met Sally, etc.).

It's called a chick flick because movie executives have pretty much only heard of four or five segments of the population, and the movies you're thinking of are for the 30 and 40-year-old women who only go to movies to cry. (Granted, that's not an insubstantial portion of moviegoers, and the ****** moniker is caused by both producers and consumers.) I think there are enought bad and uninteresting movies that are formulaic and cliched that you don't necessarily have to separate them by gender but that's pretty how marketing for studios has worked for a long time now.

Wreck it Ralph. What a terrific, sweet movie. And as a fan of old video games, I loved all the throw ins and nods to the old games. And I loved the short as well, super cute.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Kill Bill vol1

Been awhile since I've seen it and the wife hasn't. She liked it despite all the gore. Vol2 tonight.

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't really know what I expected, but don't waste time on GI Joe 2. The Rock, who I genuinely like even though he can't actually act, can't come close to making it passable.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't really know what I expected, but don't waste time on GI Joe 2. The Rock, who I genuinely like even though he can't actually act, can't come close to making it passable.
    Forgive my pissyness here but that movie pissed me off. The cobra soldiers were actually wearing US NAVY working uniforms. And then at the end of the movie they have a marine officer wearing an Army uniform. My friends and I in theater were like "well, that was a spit in the face." we are now developing a movie call Sailor Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Thinner (Great Stephen KIng book) it was average at best compared to the book.

Except for the Kari Wurher skirt raising scene. Wowsa!!! It's an OK movie. Never read the book.

Breakdown(1997) Kurt Russell, Kathleen Ouinlan

One of the most under-rated thrillers of all time. Excellent.

I saw The Call as well. Pretty good movie although it was derivative of lots of movies. Still better than most box office stuff lately.

Hunger Games.

It was alright on the 3rd watch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

GI Joe 2

It was an all right movie for a brainless action movie. I just wanted it to be better than the first one and that was easily done. Just seeing Snake Eyes running around dual uzis made me happy. I was glad I only paid 6 dollars for it, but it was a nice way to kill a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    GI Joe 2

It was an all right movie for a brainless action movie. I just wanted it to be better than the first one and that was easily done. Just seeing Snake Eyes running around dual uzis made me happy. I was glad I only paid 6 dollars for it, but it was a nice way to kill a few hours.
    The movie used US Navy uniforms as the uniforms for the cobra members then put a marine officer in an army uniform. I felt like I was growing a tumor.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Planning on going on a big movie theater trip (which equates to any trip to the theater for me) on April 26th. Any suggestion as to what to see?

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A chick flick IMHO has some romance, some comedy, bright women lead characters, and nothing blows up.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    I remember last year...so I have hope.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Planning on going on a big movie theater trip (which equates to any trip to the theater for me) on April 26th. Any suggestion as to what to see?
    Wait... You plan out a trip to a movie theater a month in advance without an idea of what to see?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Wait... You plan out a trip to a movie theater a month in advance without an idea of what to see?
    Trips to the movie theater are rare for me. It's for my birthday anyway.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Dark Skies......I don't know......I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for those alien conspiracy movies. Overall pretty good reviews on IMDB. Anybody else wondering if the new Evil Dead is any good?

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    Don't know what you're into but 42, the Jackie Robinson biopic'll be playing then. That looks worth checking out.

Evil Dead (2013)

Pretty well done, I guess. I think I may be at the end, or at least the beginning of the end, of watching movies like these. I feel "over it". I'm not scared, I'm barely ever startled, of course it's gross, and at some point it becomes, "Why am I watching?" I basically was just enjoying the filmmakers' execution of the art rather than getting into the movie itself. I wasn't bored.