Page 308 of 346 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 8637

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody have Jaws on B-Ray?
    Yep. Looks good, has good documentaries.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The Oscar nominations are a bit strange in the best director category. As Ben Affleck for "Argo", Kathryn Bigelow for "Zero Dark Thirty" and Tom Hooper for "Les Miserables" were not nominated. And typically the best director's film wins best picture of the year. So that could mean Argo, Zero Dark Thirty and Les Mes won't win best picture. So that would mean that Lincoln is odds on favorite.
    Biggest snubs in order:

3. Flight getting a best original screenplay nom but Looper doesn't.

2. Completely ignoring The Master.

1, No Matt McConaughey or C-Tates for Magic Mike.

Academy, Argo-**** yourselves!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Seven Psychopaths deserved a screenplay nomination

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Biggest snubs in order:

3. Flight getting a best original screenplay nom but Looper doesn't.

2. Completely ignoring The Master.

1, No Matt McConaughey or C-Tates for Magic Mike.

Academy, Argo-**** yourselves!!!
    Have you seen Silver Linings Playbook. I'm interested in your thoughts. When I went to see it I wasn't expecting much in fact I didn't really want to see it, but there was nothing else on at the time I was going, and I heard it was pretty good. And I'll also admit for the first hour or so I thought it was OK, better than I thought it would be but then as I watched the last 45 minutes or so and started th8inking hey this is a really good movie, I started realizing yes it is really good. It kind of sneaks up on you

Looper

Did not anticipate that ending at all. Not exactly the kind of movie I thought it would be. Having said that, I think I really enjoyed it. I was engaged the whole way through.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

When I think about Looper I think about

Spoiler Spoiler:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night. I wanted to see it, but I didn't love it. It's probably because it wasn't what I expected, and also because I thought the writing was a little jumpy towards the end.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love when all the Premium movie channels are on a preview weekend. I can load up my DVR and gets a weeks worth of movies.

Just finished Project X, and I'm still not sure what to make of it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just watched Dredd... behind 21 Jump Street, it was my favorite movie of 2012. Still haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook though.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Looper

Did not anticipate that ending at all. Not exactly the kind of movie I thought it would be. Having said that, I think I really enjoyed it. I was engaged the whole way through.
    You really didnt see that ending coming? I figured that would be the ending pretty early on that was my only gripe with the movie. Really good movie besides knowing the ending by about half way though the movie.

Just watched forward unto dawn (the halo live action YouTube thing)...well done...tugs at your heart strings

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night. I wanted to see it, but I didn't love it. It's probably because it wasn't what I expected, and also because I thought the writing was a little jumpy towards the end.
    Yeah, it's a good enough movie but I don't really understand all the awards love it's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, it's a good enough movie but I don't really understand all the awards love it's getting.
    I thought acting of the 4 leads was really, really good and I thought the movie was extremely well written.

I saw The Impossible over the weekend. Very effective movie. Nice acting job by Naomi Watts, nbut also who ever the actor who played the 14 year old Lucas, I thought he stole the movie. There was one certain scene in the movie involving the three brothers that was very emotional for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    You really didnt see that ending coming? I figured that would be the ending pretty early on that was my only gripe with the movie. Really good movie besides knowing the ending by about half way though the movie.
    I honestly don't spend my time trying to guess what comes next. I just watch. I find that I enjoy movies better that way. I figured he would just shoot his hand off. Wouldn't that have done it?
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 01-15-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Now really free Lance!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Le Mis did not live up to the hype. I love the stage play but the wife agrees with me, this was a bit boring. The young man that played the boyfriend killed em. He was GOOD. Ann Hathaway was good but really was excellent at the end. But still....I dozed off during the middle.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Gangster Squad

Very cliched, straight forward action movie, Sean Penn was amazing though.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Looper
    I suppose the biggest plot hole for me if I think about it is
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Bball; 01-14-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

I thought acting of the 4 leads was really, really good and I thought the movie was extremely well written.

I saw The Impossible over the weekend. Very effective movie. Nice acting job by Naomi Watts, nbut also who ever the actor who played the 14 year old Lucas, I thought he stole the movie. There was one certain scene in the movie involving the three brothers that was very emotional for me.
    That kid didn't steal anything, he was the underbilled lead and deserved an Oscar nomination for it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Gangster Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Gangster Squad

Hadn't been to a movie in the theater for awhile and there were quite a few I wanted to see so I gave my fiancé the choice of "Zero Dark Thirty", "Django Unchained", "Silver Linings Playbook", and "Gangster Squad".

Of course, she chose the one with Ryan Gosling.

It wasn't a terrible movie but it's nothing you haven't seen a few times before when it has been done better. It's basically "The Untouchables" with prettier people and less substance.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

I have watched Looper like 3 times in two weeks. I like it more and more each time I watch it.

Here are some questions that I have though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

26. The Following User Says Thank You to KingGeorge For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Hadn't been to a movie in the theater for awhile and there were quite a few I wanted to see so I gave my fiancé the choice of "Zero Dark Thirty", "Django Unchained", "Silver Linings Playbook", and "Gangster Squad".

Of course, she chose the one with Ryan Gosling.

It wasn't a terrible movie but it's nothing you haven't seen a few times before when it has been done better. It's basically "The Untouchables" with prettier people and less substance.
    Django was so good kept me engaged the whole time. It's a must see probably my favorite movie of the year Zero Dark 30 was in the mix too both were great IMO. The co star in Django was so good never heard of the guy but he made the movie he fit the role and was lol.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Also saw Lincoln and really liked it. I dont get why people say it was boring it was really engaging and really well done just done with dialogue Day-Lewis was really good but man was Tommy Lee Jones the star of the movie IMO. The scene when he takes the bill home after finally getting the bill past after 30 years of trying was great by far my favorite scene.

Tommy Lee Jones is obviously a great actor, but I feel like he plays the same sarcastic character in every movie. If I would have closed my eyes, I wouldn't have been able to tell if he was playing Thaddeus Stevens or Deputy Gerrard in The Fugitive. His characters always have that same vibe to them, but I realize that's what makes him popular. I feel the same way about Morgan Freeman. Another great actor, but his characters always seem the same. They are always very dignified, magnanimous, and full of wisdom. Watching him play Nelson Mandela in Invictus was like watching Red walk around the prison in Shawshank (credit to Bill Simmons for that observation).

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Tommy Lee Jones is obviously a great actor, but I feel like he plays the same sarcastic character in every movie. If I would have closed my eyes, I wouldn't have been able to tell if he was playing Thaddeus Stevens or Deputy Gerrard in The Fugitive. His characters always have that same vibe to them, but I realize that's what makes him popular. I feel the same way about Morgan Freeman. Another great actor, but his characters always seem the same. They are always very dignified, magnanimous, and full of wisdom. Watching him play Nelson Mandela in Invictus was like watching Red walk around the prison in Shawshank (credit to Bill Simmons for that observation).
    Seems to me that a lot of actors just play roles that are similar. Maybe they are roles similar to themselves making it easier to "transform" into a role. Kevin Costner seems like another one that seems to play the same type of role. And though I love him to death, Samuel L Jackson.

Only the great actors do you really see vary role to role. Tom Hanks and Matt Damon. If he had more time, I'd say Heath Ledger. Those are the three that quickly come to mind.

Now really free Lance!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Have you seen Silver Linings Playbook. I'm interested in your thoughts. When I went to see it I wasn't expecting much in fact I didn't really want to see it, but there was nothing else on at the time I was going, and I heard it was pretty good. And I'll also admit for the first hour or so I thought it was OK, better than I thought it would be but then as I watched the last 45 minutes or so and started th8inking hey this is a really good movie, I started realizing yes it is really good. It kind of sneaks up on you
    I did really like it; O'Russell always puts good enough twists on conventional material to make it interesting. Everyone is good in it and I'd probably watch Jennifer Lawrence do anything. She's way too good for the Hungry Games. One thing I couldn't tell about the movie (and obviously this is up for interpretation), but it felt like O'Russell ripping on the romantic comedy genre by having this contrived, ironic happy ending with a couple of crazy people. I'm thinking of one line in particular at the end:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    To me, that's the movie saying, only a ****ing crazy person would allow the conventions and cliches of a romantic comedy to occur in real life. Not sure if I'm reading into that too much and the rest of you thought the movie was playing it more straight than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Seven Psychopaths deserved a screenplay nomination
    I gotta disagree with you on this one. Any movie with Chris Walken doing a near-perfect Chris Walken impression, Sam Rockwell chewing scenery, and cool digressions involving self immolation will be entertaining to a degree. But the movie was like a very cynical, nihilistic exhibition of McDonaugh playing table tennis with a brick wall of snarky farts. It accomplishes absolutely nothing AND that's the point? He's go to be cleverer than that. Plus, you can't not compare the movie to Adaptation, and Adaptation was at least 2.5 times better. Dude desparately needed a collaborator on the project.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I'd give the movie a more negative review. It's just such a waste of so many talented actors. I couldn't even appreciate it as dumb fun and I love the Syfy channel. Fleisher may have just struck gold with Zombieland, and may actually just be a Brett Ratner clone.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post: