Page 295 of 349 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 8715

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very under-appreciated movie
    I was very satisfied with that movie. When someone pointed out plot holes later it took some of the wind out of my sails, but more recently someone else made the point that when the core of or the main purpose/reason for a movie is an emotional message or theme or something to that effect, it's easier to be more forgiving of plot holes than a movie that's made to show off how clever/smart/thoughtout it all is. The Grey is definitely a movie centered around emotions/spirit/psyche first and foremost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Joe Dirt.........lol
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

The Sitter.

Complete & total garbage, another name that rhymes with sitter would have been more appropriate. I've seen a lot of bad movies in my life and this one ranks right up there with some of the worst I have ever seen.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

The Dark Knight Rises.

*****ing awesome.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Why isn't it December yet? I want to watch the Hobbit
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Office Space. Still as classic as ever. Anyone see the movie Mike Judge did recently?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Why isn't it December yet? I want to watch the Hobbit
    Did you hear that they might make it THREE movies in the end?

I already felt that two movies was pushing it, but three? I mean I'm excited to see whatever they come up with (I'm a big fan of their LOTR trilogy), but there's not a lot of source material with the Hobbit when compared to LOTR, and they don't have the rights to all of Tolkein's works (at least not The Silmarillion), plus they've already created at least one new character already to help pad things out. The more they deviate, the more nervous I get. But maybe it'll all be fine.

Then again, they originally shot Helm's Deep with Arwin there.

Wow. Looks like it really IS going to be three movies now:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57327

The way Peter Jackson explains it has me excited.

Who would have ever thought back in 2003 that the Hobbit would generate THREE MORE frickin' movies.

I'm glad that it's being made by all of the same people as LOTR, though. I love me some continuity when the stories are supposed to be happening in the same universe/storyline.

Like with Batman, re-casting (due to scheduling conflicts) Rachel Dawes will always bug me. Would have had more of an impact to see Katie Holmes in TDK.

Got around to watching The Innkeepers..... not bad/not good, just kind of there. Basically a ghost story about a haunted hotel with better character development than the slasher flicks. While I appreciate a story over absolute gross out movies this one still is pretty slow and relied too heavily on jump scares.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Got around to watching The Innkeepers..... not bad/not good, just kind of there. Basically a ghost story about a haunted hotel with better character development than the slasher flicks. While I appreciate a story over absolute gross out movies this one still is pretty slow and relied too heavily on jump scares.

I agree. I love horror movies but I was not impressed with this one. Lady In Black was much better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Wow. Looks like it really IS going to be three movies now:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57327

The way Peter Jackson explains it has me excited.

Who would have ever thought back in 2003 that the Hobbit would generate THREE MORE frickin' movies.

I'm glad that it's being made by all of the same people as LOTR, though. I love me some continuity when the stories are supposed to be happening in the same universe/storyline.

Like with Batman, re-casting (due to scheduling conflicts) Rachel Dawes will always bug me. Would have had more of an impact to see Katie Holmes in TDK.
    I think 2 movies would have been perfect. Three seems to be pushing it for me, but if anybody can pull this off, it's Jackson. The big question I have is whether or not the story will flow well, leading up to the climactic battle in movie 3 (well actually it'll be 2 battles, 1 with the necromancer, and the one with the dwarves). IF they do this correctly, and use source material from the appendicies, then this could turn out really well. There is certainly plenty of information available. I'm really excited, and I'm praying that he does a good job with it. I think all of the material he uses is going to be really interesting for those who love LOTR, the key is whether it all fits together.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im interested in the running time now that there is three films for 1 book. The Highly trilogy that is.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

This Means War - not a bad chick flick.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    The Sitter.

Complete & total garbage, another name that rhymes with sitter would have been more appropriate. I've seen a lot of bad movies in my life and this one ranks right up there with some of the worst I have ever seen.
    Not gonna lie, I saw it, and laughed. Thought it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Watched Hellboy again. Those movies are seriously underrated, perfect blend of big stunts and explosions you expect from a superhero flick with a bunch of snark and genuinely funny stuff. Ron Perlman as Hellboy's just genius casting.

Guiellmero Del Toro made it though, can't expect anything but just awesome. Pacific Rim's going to be stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Pacific Rim's going to be stellar.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

21 Jump Street.

This is odd, I didn't hate it nearly as much as I thought I would. I also loved all of the cameo's of the old cast members.

God I'm old.

I used to watch 21 jump street when it was live.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    21 Jump Street.

This is odd, I didn't hate it nearly as much as I thought I would. I also loved all of the cameo's of the old cast members.

God I'm old.

I used to watch 21 jump street when it was live.

Channing Tatum, who I normally think sucks, is hysterical in 21 Jump Street. He steals every scene he's in IMO.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Semi Pro.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

The fifth element

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Hunger Games - Though I found about a third of it somewhat entertaining, it's a pretty bad movie. Like they decided to do really obvious, less dynamic rip-offs of Battle Royale and The Truman Show, and thought, "That's enough for a movie." I guess there was some stuff cut to fit the running time (though it's still super long); can't tell whether that's character stuff that ends up sounding hilariously corny in the movie or thematic stuff that becomes dully obvious. I will give props to Jennifer Lawrence and especially Stanley Tucci, who was the only one who made the ridiculously hideous costume/art direction work. I found the love angle to be slightly more toned down than I expected (considering the demo) but it wasn't explored enough to be interesting. Not even getting into the poor effects or unskilled world-building, this movie was just lame, sometimes unintentionally hilarious (Heal him with the soup!), but lame.

Sports Logo

Stanley Tucci seriously kills every single thing he's in. I don't think he could carry his own movie or anything necessarily, but he's really underappreciated.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stanley Tucci seriously kills every single thing he's in. I don't think he could carry his own movie or anything necessarily, but he's really underappreciated.
    In some of the movies I've seen him in, he plays his role so well (usually playing a bad guy) that I'm usually always frothing with hatred for him. When an actor/actress has made an audience member feel some type of emotion, they were successful.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Ice Age 4 - its starting to get to the point where it feels like they're just milking it for all they got with this franchise....

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - I was expecting it to be bad...and it delivered - terrible overall - don't really know why I made myself suffer by sitting through it till the end...

Sherlock Holmes 2 - so far watched only the first half of it and it feels like it is all over the place - can't say I'm so inclined to watch the rest of this disaster

The Dark Knight Rises - finally a good movie after all this crap I've watched recently. Loved the tone of the movie but for a movie about Batman, I would've liked to see more of Batman on the screen...