Page 292 of 344 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8580

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Ted. Was very disappointed although there were a few moments.

Mood

Someday someone's going to NAIL a Superman/Darkseid movie. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be the sequel to Man of Steel.

I don't know the plot of this one (besides it being a reboot and another origin story), but wasn't the speculation for a while now that the villain is going to be Zod? That's a decent choice, if true. Another retread, but only round 2 with him versus round... 5? with Luthor had they gone in that direction again (Superman 1, 2, 4, and Returns being the first four times in semi-recent memory). Someone who can go mano a mano with him, at least.

I didn't realize for years that I was a minority in liking Superman Returns, and I was disappointed when I realized there would never be a follow-up. I always felt Bryan Singer did a better job with X2 than X-Men 1, so I was excited to see him try to step up his game for a second Superman film, presumably with someone who can directly engage in combat with Clark. Oh well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Someday someone's going to NAIL a Superman/Darkseid movie. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be the sequel to Man of Steel.

I don't know the plot of this one (besides it being a reboot and another origin story), but wasn't the speculation for a while now that the villain is going to be Zod? That's a decent choice, if true. Another retread, but only round 2 with him versus round... 5? with Luthor had they gone in that direction again (Superman 1, 2, 4, and Returns being the first four times in semi-recent memory). Someone who can go mano a mano with him, at least.
    Actually, if Nolan does a much smarter take on Lex Luthor than the absurd Real-Estate Mogul version that Singer and Donner followed......Lex Luthor would totally work. As I am sure that you are familiar with the version of Lex Luthor that DC has been portraying over the last couple of years, Luthor could be portrayed as the smartest human being on the planet that ONLY wants to rid the influence of an Alien on the development and evolution of the human race. He doesn't want humans to be dependent on an Alien Savior but be self-sufficient and evolve without a "god among men". This, to me, is a far more realistic take on a villain like Lex Luthor.

I didn't realize for years that I was a minority in liking Superman Returns, and I was disappointed when I realized there would never be a follow-up. I always felt Bryan Singer did a better job with X2 than X-Men 1, so I was excited to see him try to step up his game for a second Superman film, presumably with someone who can directly engage in combat with Clark. Oh well.
    I actually liked Superman Returns and thought that Singer did a good job while Routh ( often lauded as one of the main reasons why the movie didn't do too well ) actually did a fairly good job of doing his impression of Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent/Superman. The only casting that I didn't like was the Kate Bosworth casting as Lois Lane. That and the whole Lex Luthor Real Estate Mogul.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-24-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-24-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

This made me laugh: (Only has to do with TDK, not TDKR)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Was I the only one who thought that Bane was being played by Sean Connery? Sure sounded as if he was...

Mood

A lot of people are panning his voice. I mostly dug it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

A lot of people are panning his voice. I mostly dug it.
    I can't say that I minded it. But I did think at one point that Bane must have hailed from Scotland!

Ok so tonight I finally saw the new batman movie.

I have no idea what a lot of you are complaining about. This was easily, far and away, my favorite of the three Nolan films.

I enjoyed every min. of the film and I for some reason related to Bale's version of Batman this time far more than I have the previous incantations.

Heck I even enjoyed the Catwoman in this on.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Heck I even enjoyed the Catwoman in this on.
    She's the best and most interesting character in the movie by far. Doesn't hurt that Anne Hathaway.

I managed to stay outta here for the most part so I didn't get tempted and read a spoiler or accidentally see something I shouldn't.... until I finally saw TDKR. I agree with Peck. Maybe it helped that I did pick up on some complaining around the net and so that didn't leave me expecting too much... but for an ambitious film with a reputation to live up to I thought it hit a lot of points.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall I thought it was a fun movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Do any of you serious followers of the triology and background know what if anything changed in TDKR's due to Ledger's death? Was there a story outline in place for 1,2, and 3 that Ledger's death forced a rewrite or total new outline? Was this roughly how it was always going to conclude?
    Last edited by Bball; 07-25-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Dark Knight Rises

I didn't like it that much Baine isnt a villian you center a movie around. I mean Baine is like Robin of Villains pair him with Ivy, Frost or Joker that is the way he should be used.

I thought he couldn't talk when he was juiced up like in Batman&Robin that I watched as a kid believe it came out in the late 90s. I just think they did his character really bad and his voice is so annoying could barley understand the guy. Wish they would of stayed true to the guy. Wish they would of done a Joker or someone like that with Baine.

I don't get the point of having Catwoman/ Batwomen she really brought nothing to the movie I don't get the point of even casting her it seemed so forced.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a few things here. For those of you who are really complaining about TDKR, are crazy. It was the best "movie" of the series. The funnest? Absolutely not. The most depth? No question.

Everyone wanted another "The Dark Knight", but you should have known you wouldn't get the same product. I personally prefer "Batman Begins". Scarecrow is just a fascinating character, and the story of Ras Al Ghul and the "League of Shadows" is breathtaking.

And I just watched "Kick ***". One of my favorite movies by far.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm thinking I just misheard something.... or missed something....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm thinking I just misheard something.... or missed something....
    Just watch it again. It explains it in the movie. It actually visions through a flashback explaining it very well.

Do any of you serious followers of the triology and background know what if anything changed in TDKR's due to Ledger's death? Was there a story outline in place for 1,2, and 3 that Ledger's death forced a rewrite or total new outline? Was this roughly how it was always going to conclude?

Check it out. I didn't know this.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I actually liked Superman Returns and thought that Singer did a good job while Routh ( often lauded as one of the main reasons why the movie didn't do too well ) actually did a fairly good job of doing his impression of Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent/Superman. The only casting that I didn't like was the Kate Bosworth casting as Lois Lane. That and the whole Lex Luthor Real Estate Mogul.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. I thought the sequence where he was trying to stop the damage to the city was totally exciting and entertaining. It also got me to thinking, I think he's the first superhero I've seen to fly upside down while using his powers. Minor thing, but it was a nice touch. I've actually watched the movie several times. Too bad there wasn't a sequel. I would have liked to see them mess with the established mythos and do a story with his son and how he deals with that. I am REALLY apprehensive about yet another reboot for him. EVERYONE knows his origin. Why not skip over that. If I was in charge, I'd start it out like a James Bond film with some shenanigans going on, then as the viewer tries to figure out what's going on, it leads to Superman showing up and a great action sequence. That was the movie starts out full tilt. Go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by constellations
    Man, there was a trio of similar movie that I can't decide which I like better; Kick ***, Wanted or Scott Pilgrim. Highly entertaining with lots of action.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Just a few things here. For those of you who are really complaining about TDKR, are crazy. It was the best "movie" of the series. The funnest? Absolutely not. The most depth? No question.

Everyone wanted another "The Dark Knight", but you should have known you wouldn't get the same product. I personally prefer "Batman Begins". Scarecrow is just a fascinating character, and the story of Ras Al Ghul and the "League of Shadows" is breathtaking.

I think Rises may have been the funnest of the movies, it was the most true action movie, but I don't think it had the most depth personally. TDK is extremely deep on many levels. It deals with lots of serious themes and is just in general an extremely disturbing movie.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Rises may have been the funnest of the movies, it was the most true action movie, but I don't think it had the most depth personally. TDK is extremely deep on many levels. It deals with lots of serious themes and is just in general an extremely disturbing movie.
    Rent wins in the depth category no question. And t
    dk is the true action film. you have your titles backwards friend

I managed to stay outta here for the most part so I didn't get tempted and read a spoiler or accidentally see something I shouldn't.... until I finally saw TDKR. I agree with Peck. Maybe it helped that I did pick up on some complaining around the net and so that didn't leave me expecting too much... but for an ambitious film with a reputation to live up to I thought it hit a lot of points.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall I thought it was a fun movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nolan said that he didn't want to put Ledger or his character into the new movie b/c that would be an insult to his memory and portrayal of Joker. Or something like that. Basically he was uncomfortable using him/his death in the movie. And by extension the Joker. I think if Ledger was alive, he would have either been in the movie or been mentioned.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Rent wins in the depth category no question. And t
    dk is the true action film. you have your titles backwards friend
    No way, Rises has nothing like the scenes where the Joker is talking about how he got his scars or the give and take between Batman and the Joker in the interrogation room or the scene where Joker and Dent are in the hospital or the scene with Joker and the gangsters (there's a them here...). The Bane/Bat fight 1 comes close as Bane is chastising him but it doesn't get on the same level. TDK takes much more time to slow down and examine what is going on with dialogue.

Rises doesn't challenge the superhero genre the way TDK did. It just doesn't have anywhere near the depth of the second movie. That doesn't make it bad, just different.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way, Rises has nothing like the scenes where the Joker is talking about how he got his scars or the give and take between Batman and the Joker in the interrogation room or the scene where Joker and Dent are in the hospital or the scene with Joker and the gangsters (there's a them here...). The Bane/Bat fight 1 comes close as Bane is chastising him but it doesn't get on the same level. TDK takes much more time to slow down and examine what is going on with dialogue.

Rises doesn't challenge the superhero genre the way TDK did. It just doesn't have anywhere near the depth of the second movie. That doesn't make it bad, just different.
    I do not approve of this.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I disagree, though they are pretty separate points in the context of the movies. The themes in TDKR are just more relevant. The actual fascist nature of Bane's terrorism (and Wayne's anti-terrorism for that matter) feels more modern-day than the things that the Joker did, which were cooler and more entertaining to watch. While Harvey Dent/Batman in the second movie does provide some allegory to dealing with terrorism/nihilism in present day America, there are just hints, not going deep enough to really delve. The conflict between Selina and Wayne (99% vs. 1%) isn't too Sorkin'd either, but it is explored. The true member of the proletariat here is actually a thief who steals from the rich and her potential romance serves as a metaphor for her conflict between the rights and wrongs of both sides and what she ultimately chooses. There's also the issue of transparency in regards to the end of the last movie. The movies as a whole seem to argue for transparency with the accompanying absolute power of a vigilante crime fighter, an odd mix these days. Nolan's British conservatism comes through enough to put these ideas out there, though not quite enough to give a solid answer (much like the final shots of his movies). God, this paragraph sounds douchey; thoughts from Ross Douthat.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I disagree, though they are pretty separate points in the context of the movies. The themes in TDKR are just more relevant. The actual fascist nature of Bane's terrorism (and Wayne's anti-terrorism for that matter) feels more modern-day than the things that the Joker did, which were cooler and more entertaining to watch. While Harvey Dent/Batman in the second movie does provide some allegory to dealing with terrorism/nihilism in present day America, there are just hints, not going deep enough to really delve. The conflict between Selina and Wayne (99% vs. 1%) isn't too Sorkin'd either, but it is explored. The true member of the proletariat here is actually a thief who steals from the rich and her potential romance serves as a metaphor for her conflict between the rights and wrongs of both sides and what she ultimately chooses. There's also the issue of transparency in regards to the end of the last movie. The movies as a whole seem to argue for transparency with the accompanying absolute power of a vigilante crime fighter, an odd mix these days. Nolan's British conservatism comes through enough to put these ideas out there, though not quite enough to give a solid answer (much like the final shots of his movies). God, this paragraph sounds douchey; thoughts from Ross Douthat.
    Rises does have those themes. It also slams it down your throat, whether it's Bane deciding to "give the city back to the people" or Kyle's "You'll all wonder how you could live so fat and leave so little for the rest of us".

I'll take TDK themes any day of the week and also take the dialogue of TDK any day of the week. I just believe the one on one scenes in Rises pale to the one on one scenes in TDK. Those scenes give TDK more depth as a movie. Rises is at it's best when something action-y is going on. Whereas the best scenes in TDK are when the movie slows down and let's the characters speak.

I'll just speak frankly here, but the writing of Gordon's speech that Bane reads is utter ****. It doesn't sound anything like Gordon's character and it was the point where I really felt like Nolan was just pushing through the dialogue scenes in Rises to get to the next OH **** moment. TDK had those OH **** moments to, but the dialogue on the way there didn't feel so forced.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: