Page 290 of 344 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 8588

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Suaveness; 07-21-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is everyone seeing TDKR is IMAX? IMAX keeps selling out before I get a ticket, and I really don't want to catch an 8am IMAX on Sunday. Has anyone seen it in a regular theater?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Is everyone seeing TDKR is IMAX? IMAX keeps selling out before I get a ticket, and I really don't want to catch an 8am IMAX on Sunday. Has anyone seen it in a regular theater?
    What's a regular theatre? All IMAX baby, it's worth it.

Mood

It'll be day 2 of non-IMAX for me this morning, but I'll make a point of checking it out in another week or two in IMAX.

Banned

Is anybody disappointed that they used that girl as the main actress? She killed that character for me and yes I agree with everything you said Hicks.

IMAX was awesome by the way.

I also think is sad that Joseph Levitt was the first actor that came to my mind as Heat L replacement and they used him in a different way, I'm dissappointed about that.

Just look how similar they look:

He could have been perfect
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-21-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Banned

Funny that I was doing some research online and it looks like I'm not the only one that thought about that

Mood

Wow. What a difference a day makes. Just got out from my second viewing, and this movie's stock has definitely risen with me.

I can't explain why, but the pacing didn't bother me NEARLY as much today as before, a little bit more of the plot made sense this time (though I still have nits to pick), and:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still has its flaws, still don't love it, but man I feel noticeably better about it now than I did last night. I'm pleasantly surprised at the turnaround. The movie went up a notch or two in my eyes.

Wow. What a difference a day makes. Just got out from my second viewing, and this movie's stock has definitely risen with me.

I can't explain why, but the pacing didn't bother me NEARLY as much today as before, a little bit more of the plot made sense this time (though I still have nits to pick), and:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still has its flaws, still don't love it, but man I feel noticeably better about it now than I did last night. I'm pleasantly surprised at the turnaround. The movie went up a notch or two in my eyes.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I received a DVD three-pack of Ernest movies last night, including such classics as Ernest Goes to Jail and Ernest Scared Stupid. I can honestly say I enjoyed these movies as a kid - and will certainly watch them again at some point - but it is a shame that the first result in Google when you search for Ernest is P. Worrell, not Hemingway.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Spoiler Spoiler:

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched The Day After Tomorrow today on TV. I really wanted to love this movie, but something was wrong. I am not sure what, but something made me not love this movie. Meh.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The Dark Knight Rises - I'm gonna go H.A.M. and say it's better than The Dark Knight. It may have more to do with TDK since I consider the last third of that movie really poorly done. I think that Nolan may have commented on it with some of the things that JGL's character said to Commissioner Gordon in the apartment scene. This movie didn't need to out-moralize itself. It's incredibly ambitious plot-wise and yet finds a way to be much simpler and relevant than TDK. Nolan is pretty much on-point with action now. Things are close-up when they need to be, there's the right perspective. I didn't see it in IMAX, but the flying stuff stood out nonetheless. Hathaway is so, so good; JGL is strong as always; and Tom Hardy made that gotse-faced ******* into a hell of a villain, not quite Health Ledger's Joker, but not an unworthy followup. It was one of the more nuanced takes on Occupy and current global politics. I do agree that the biggest issues are with the timeframe of the movie, bringing in more elements to make it even denser as the story well along, and a questionable MacGuffin.

What's different about this movie for me and why I actually felt some emotion by the end is because it's about Batman. TDK was a Harvey Dent story about the Joker. TDKR actually had to be about a human character who had to go through some **** and do important things rather than engage in a battle of finding the best moral and intellectual loophole. The monologues in this movie are about characters and people, not broad and grandiose concepts that, while interesting, serve as thematic fodder rather than storytelling material for, oh yeah, the main character of these nearly eight hours of movie. TDK now feels like a very well-done, interesting experiment within a trilogy of movies actually about Bruce Wayne, Batman, and his universe. I think he really closed it out right (except for a pretty gigantic thing I'm putting in the spoilers).

Hicks, I don't want to accuse you of this personally, but I do think that a ton of the hardcore fans set themselves up to be disappointed (and are actually kind of reveling in it). If you (again, not Hicks, the plural y'all of the Internet) wanted the Joker in this movie, then you wanted a different movie. That's fine, but don't watch this one. Or watch it and evaluate it on its own. They made the decision before the movie was written, AFAIK, to leave the Joker out of it. You want the Joker in this? Go fan-fic yourself. But it's not a legit criticism of the movie.

Two questions for people who have seen it:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises - I'm gonna go H.A.M. and say it's better than The Dark Knight. It may have more to do with TDK since I consider the last third of that movie really poorly done. I think that Nolan may have commented on it with some of the things that JGL's character said to Commissioner Gordon in the apartment scene. This movie didn't need to out-moralize itself. It's incredibly ambitious plot-wise and yet finds a way to be much simpler and relevant than TDK. Nolan is pretty much on-point with action now. Things are close-up when they need to be, there's the right perspective. I didn't see it in IMAX, but the flying stuff stood out nonetheless. Hathaway is so, so good; JGL is strong as always; and Tom Hardy made that gotse-faced ******* into a hell of a villain, not quite Health Ledger's Joker, but not an unworthy followup. It was one of the more nuanced takes on Occupy and current global politics. I do agree that the biggest issues are with the timeframe of the movie, bringing in more elements to make it even denser as the story well along, and a questionable MacGuffin.

What's different about this movie for me and why I actually felt some emotion by the end is because it's about Batman. TDK was a Harvey Dent story about the Joker. TDKR actually had to be about a human character who had to go through some **** and do important things rather than engage in a battle of finding the best moral and intellectual loophole. The monologues in this movie are about characters and people, not broad and grandiose concepts that, while interesting, serve as thematic fodder rather than storytelling material for, oh yeah, the main character of these nearly eight hours of movie. TDK now feels like a very well-done, interesting experiment within a trilogy of movies actually about Bruce Wayne, Batman, and his universe. I think he really closed it out right (except for a pretty gigantic thing I'm putting in the spoilers).

Hicks, I don't want to accuse you of this personally, but I do think that a ton of the hardcore fans set themselves up to be disappointed (and are actually kind of reveling in it). If you (again, not Hicks, the plural y'all of the Internet) wanted the Joker in this movie, then you wanted a different movie. That's fine, but don't watch this one. Or watch it and evaluate it on its own. They made the decision before the movie was written, AFAIK, to leave the Joker out of it. You want the Joker in this? Go fan-fic yourself. But it's not a legit criticism of the movie.

Two questions for people who have seen it:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    I watched The Day After Tomorrow today on TV. I really wanted to love this movie, but something was wrong. I am not sure what, but something made me not love this movie. Meh.
    Yeah, something was wrong--it's a terrible ****ing movie

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I think he will be having that milkshake, if only just to cure his Insomnia.
    Insomnia? The same Insomnia with a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with 100% of Top Critics, and a 78 Metascore?

Anyone catch the teaser for Man of Steel yet? There are two versions of it, one has Russell Crowe narrating and it is pretty epic. Nolan's name being attached even as a producer has me excited for this movie, and I have never given a **** about Superman.

Mood

Someone has put up the last two minutes of TDKR on YouTube.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man, I could go on and on about TDKR and the little things I liked about it. I thought it was a great movie and any quibbles I have are basically minor in the grand scheme of things. One thing that is cracking me up is how the fanboys are so upset about the movie. They didn't want Nolan to actually create something, they wanted him to slavishly reproduce what they had seen in the comics. Did they not learn from Watchmen. We all saw how that turned out. A couple of thoughts:

Spoiler Spoiler:

BTW, I saw the movie in the State museum, which from what I understand, is the only, TRUE IMAX theater in the state. If you can, see it there.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't set myself up to be disappointed, and I'm certainly not reveling in it. Of course I *wanted* the Joker in this movie, but only in a fantasy world where Heath Ledger didn't die kind of way. As I thought I had already explained in a previous post, I knew for a long time they weren't going to put the Joker in this movie, and more recently I knew they weren't even going to mention him, and I knew this was because of Nolan's emotions surrounding the loss of Heath Ledger. That's all fine and good. Sad for the narrative, but completely understandable.

My complaint about it was:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But that's not a strike against the film in terms of why it disappointed me. I completely understand why it was the way that it was. That's okay.

In a more general, let's not focus on the Joker sense, this isn't really the movie I wanted it to be, but please don't tell me what to watch. That's kind of insulting.

And, again, it's not a criticism of the movie, it's just a frustration in general.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Man, I could go on and on about TDKR and the little things I liked about it. I thought it was a great movie and any quibbles I have are basically minor in the grand scheme of things. One thing that is cracking me up is how the fanboys are so upset about the movie. They didn't want Nolan to actually create something, they wanted him to slavishly reproduce what they had seen in the comics.
    I've read/heard that in some corners. Makes me incredulous, too. "Batman would never do that! Alfred would never do that!" Whatever. It made sense to me. I generally don't like WILD departures from source material, but I had zero problem with their choices from that standpoint.

Did they not learn from Watchmen. We all saw how that turned out.
    Actually, one of my problems with Watchmen was when they didn't stick to the script, so to speak. The two biggies being that they barely try to make Ozy NOT look evil from the start, so it's not nearly the shock as it was in the books, and I thought the nuclear bomb thing was weaker than what is used in the comics. Personally, and I forget who it was that said it right now, but I agree with anyone who thinks that shouldn't even have been a movie, but an HBO miniseries with a big budget. Can you imagine if they had gone that route and committed 4-10 hours to it?

Anyway:

A couple of thoughts:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, and...

Spoiler Spoiler: