Page 288 of 346 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 8634

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

  1. #7176
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Taken

    I thought it was good. Beyond the over the top violence and my recurring thoughts of, "Why are you ing with Qui-Gon Jinn?" the movie had a great plot, but very predictable from the beginning when they trick him into letting his daughter go. Also, when Neeson finds his daughter and starts pursuing her, the killing of every single person he interacts with him gets a bit old. However, I thought the movie was good all in all. 4/5.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #7177

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taken

    I thought it was good. Beyond the over the top violence and my recurring thoughts of, "Why are you ing with Qui-Gon Jinn?" the movie had a great plot, but very predictable from the beginning when they trick him into letting his daughter go. Also, when Neeson finds his daughter and starts pursuing her, the killing of every single person he interacts with him gets a bit old. However, I thought the movie was good all in all. 4/5.
    You should watch Darkman. Leeam Neeson and Sam Raimi before Spiderman fame.

  4. #7178
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thin Red Line is probably the worst movie-going experience I've ever had. Either that or Godzilla. From what I've heard of Tree of Life, I'd pass.
    They're making a new Godzilla. And it's supposed to be awesome, much, much more realistic.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  6. #7179
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Amazing Spider-Man - Spidey parts were good...Peter Parker parts...not so much. The pace of the movie felt like it was going at a crawl and the way it was shot at times felt more like a documentary instead of a movie which made it lose that magic for me.

  7. #7180
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing Spider-Man - Spidey parts were good...Peter Parker parts...not so much. The pace of the movie felt like it was going at a crawl and the way it was shot at times felt more like a documentary instead of a movie which made it lose that magic for me.
    I agree a little bit. When Garfield was Peter Parker, there would always be these awkward silent parts. I wanted to yell, "say something stupid", but he just made some faces and that was it. I think he nailed the Spidey part. Much more sarcastic humor that I think was missing for McGuire's Spiderman.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. #7181
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree a little bit. When Garfield was Peter Parker, there would always be these awkward silent parts. I wanted to yell, "say something stupid", but he just made some faces and that was it. I think he nailed the Spidey part. Much more sarcastic humor that I think was missing for McGuire's Spiderman.
    To me it felt like they tried to give a bit of "Drive" style of silent/awkwardness but fell flat on their faces with their attempts at it.

    Spider-Man was my favorite growing up - there is just so much potential to this franchise which I feel has been wasted, first with the original trilogy and now with this version...it pains to see Batman and Ironman getting the quality treatment while Spidey is getting this mess...

  9. #7182
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're making a new Godzilla. And it's supposed to be awesome, much, much more realistic.
    Arrgghhh!!! I have become furious at all these GD remakes. For every former hit movie Hollywood remakes, that means there is some potentially great film that never will see the light of day. Just imagine if the studios turned down making the Matrix cause they wanted to do a new version of Godzilla? Or what if the studios decided to do a remake of Casablanca instead of letting Pulp Fiction see the light of day? When is the last time you saw something revolutionary and new in the theater? (Inception comes to mind, but it's hard to come up with ANYTHING recently)

    There is a finite amount of money, finite amount of movie screen and finite amount of weekends. Every time a studio decides to do a remake (Just how cannibalistic IS the movie system? You can only pick at the bones of what's already been done so many times?), that takes up a slot that could have been taken by something new.

    Screw all these remakes!! If you guys know many really cool scripts are floating around Hollywood, that look truly fun and clever and exciting, just begging to be made, you'd be pissed, too. Screw another Godzilla remake and any other remake in general. I can only eat leftovers so many days before I need a freshly made meal.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:


  11. #7183
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arrgghhh!!!
    (Just how cannibalistic IS the movie system?.
    Pretty bad, almost as many Zombie movies. Too easy making retreads. Many folks thought the Paranormal Activity movies were a rip (remake) from the Blair Witch series. Of course it stole the lost footage idea from Cannibal Holocaust.
    Last edited by RWB; 07-17-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  12. #7184

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    So...TDKR comes out this week. Just sayin.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  14. #7185
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just out of curiosity, I checked out some of remakes that are in the pipeline.

    Akira (Are you freaking kidding me?!! And it WON'T be set in Japan, since we're too egocentric as a culture to consider anything not set in USA. USA! USA!)

    Dirty Dancing (Why?)

    Evil Dead (ICONIC movie with a career making iconic lead. And you're going to try and duplicate that?)

    Total Recall (Why bother?)

    All Quiet on the Western Front (They are going to remake a film that won TWO Academy awards and is considered one of the greatest films of all time?)

    Oldboy (I don't care who is attached to star or direct, Oldboy is a classic. Leave it alone.)

    Point Break (Really? Sigh.)

    Robocop (The movie had great synergistic timing for the era it came out. That time has passed. Leave it alone.)

    The Birds (yeah, let's remake a superclassic movie by a master director....just becasue.)

    A Star is Born (Wow. Timely and original. That story has NEVER been done since. Over. And Over. And Over.)

    Neverending Story. (Sigh)

    Seven Samurai (What new twist could have possibly be done on this?)

    Time Bandits (noOOOOooooo..Sewriously. NO!!))

    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    (Casue we haven't had a gazillion monster movies since the original was made.)

    Lethal Weapon (It's being worked on. Why, I don't know.)

    The Wild Bunch (This movie has already had so much stolen from it already and put in other movies, let alone the fact it's another truly icvonic movie with a perfect cast, it would be beyond stupid

    Death Wish (Yes, we need yet another movie about a vigilante seeking vengence.)

    RWB, I ultimately decided not to watch Cannibal Holocaust (Good call). Believe it or not, I just don't think I can stomach animals being abused for the sake of entertainment (or any reason) and I can watch about anything.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:


  16. #7186
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Finished Act 1 of Full Metal Jacket (checking to see if my HD dvd copy was still good) and simply forgot how powerful a movie it was. Just a good reminder of how the human mind and spirit can be manipulated by intense pressure.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  17. #7187
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So...TDKR comes out this week. Just sayin.
    Can't wait to see it in IMAX.

    Anyone see a movie at the IMAX screen at AMC Traders Point? I think they upgraded that about a year ago from a regular screen to an IMAX. I question whether it is as big as the Hamilton IMAX screen.

  18. #7188
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished Act 1 of Full Metal Jacket (checking to see if my HD dvd copy was still good) and simply forgot how powerful a movie it was. Just a good reminder of how the human mind and spirit can be manipulated by intense pressure.
    The first half of that movie IMO was a classic. The second half was borderline horrible

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  20. #7189

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't wait to see it in IMAX.

    Anyone see a movie at the IMAX screen at AMC Traders Point? I think they upgraded that about a year ago from a regular screen to an IMAX. I question whether it is as big as the Hamilton IMAX screen.
    I'm watching it at the IMAX on the southside of Indy, AMC showplace 17 I think.

    I think 1 hr of the movie is pure IMAX, should be lots of fun.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #7190
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm watching it at the IMAX on the southside of Indy, AMC showplace 17 I think.

    I think 1 hr of the movie is pure IMAX, should be lots of fun.

    The first real IMAX movie I ever saw was the Dark Knight and the action scenes in IMAX were incredible. I new the picture would be much larger, but I didn't realize it was going to be much sharper. 3D does nothing for me, but I love IMAX, but I don't remember any movies actually shot in IMAX except Dark Knight and MI-4 - although only the action scenes are shot in IMAX. But yeah from the reviews I've read about half of the Dark Knight Rises is shot in IMAX and it is a 2 hour and 45 minute movie.

    Is IMAX on southside nice than IMAX Hamilton exit 10 in Noblesville. Southside is too far for me though

  22. #7191
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I saw TDK in IMAX before it was out of theaters after having seen it normally a few times already. It was neat, but also kind of underwhelming because I saw it at the Indiana State Museum, and to me that theater is not very good when it comes to brightness of the picture and clarity of the picture.

    So a good IMAX screen is supposed to have better detail, then? I guess that's right from what I've read about IMAX cameras themselves, but the detail did not pop at all at the State Museum. It was just bigger/ more picture.

    I've been to one movie using the IMAX screen near Noblesville (I think that's the Hamilton one??), whatever the one is on 69 that you would pass if you were heading down 69 towards the Fishers/Castleton area.

    Anyway, I was there once but it was Avatar, so not true IMAX. Should I go back to that one for TDKR when I want to see it with IMAX? Any good?

    I think I'm going to see it 'regular' first; the size of that screen was just a bit too much when I went to see the TDKR prologue / Mission Impossible 4 at the State Museum (and again it was also not very sharp and too dark). But I had to basically choose between watching the top half of the movie or the bottom half.

    Maybe I just need to sit towards the back?

  23. #7192
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Hicks - Yes that is the theater. IMAX 17 Hamilton - at exit 10 along 69 - Hamilton Towne Center. Yes true IMAX picture is a lot bigger but the picture is much sharper. I would compare it to going from a regular HD picture to a Blu-Ray. Not quite as big of a difference as going from regular old TV to HD, but it is noticeable.

    I typically sit about 2/3 the way back and it is incredible. Highly recommend

  24. #7193
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I'll probably go for 2/3 the way back at the IMAX 17 Hamilton next week if I can get away, then. Going to see it late Saturday morning in Muncie first. (Can't make it Friday).

  25. #7194
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seven Samurai (What new twist could have possibly be done on this?)


  26. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  27. #7195
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Tucker & Dale vs Evil - good fun

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:


  29. #7196
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Going for Korean BBQ for lunch and seeing TDKR at 3:20 on Sat in IMAX. I'm hoping by going a little early that I won't have trouble getting tickets. I hate evening rushes. If I can't see it in IMAX, there is a 3:50 on a regular screen.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  30. #7197
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,054

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Just in case it wasn't clear by my posting habits, I will illustrate just how big of a loser I am: Not only did I buy tickets to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises, but since I really don't know many people around here I am going alone. Awesome. On top of that, the theater close to my apartment doesn't have IMAX, so I also decided to travel to Ann Arbor on Sunday (50 miles away) so that I can go see the movie in IMAX--once again, alone. On the plus side, I am so ****ing pumped for this movie. Probably right up there with The Dark Knight for my most anticipated movie ever.

  31. #7198
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    Turns out when I was checking movie times for Friday the other day, they just hadn't listed them all yet. I thought 2:30 seemed odd to be the earliest showing in July, but that's what I was shown so I had to go by that and so I bought a ticket for The Dark Knight Rises on Saturday morning instead.

    Now it turns out there ARE morning showings on Friday where I'm going to see it, so I'm going to 'suffer along' and watch it two mornings in a row (pre-bought the tickets). Very excited.

  32. #7199
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,280

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I must figure out when I will be seeing TDKR....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  33. #7200
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

    I know that Nolan has a great flair for the dramatic and is big on pushing profound themes in his films but he fails to adequately address and explore them in a coherent, logical manner. Some superficially serious dialogue and moody music does not make a poignant and intelligent film.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •