Page 287 of 340 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 8500

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No! We will not let Pixar succumb to adult movies and lose their charm.

I think their next movies are going to be good. Monsters U, The Good Dinosaur, the movie that happens in the mind, and the day of the dead movie look to be up Pixar's alley.
    Monsters, Inc was great. Not exactly thrilled at Monsters U. Should have showed entirely new characters.

They should have done an Incredibles 2 sequel before Monsters U. Could have done a prequel, or like 20 years later when the kids are grown up and there are many more new superheroes (and new villians!)
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Project X - well that was...bad

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

A Thousand Words - can't really expect a life altering experience from this movie - It was one of better performances by Eddie Murphy from his recent movies

The Eagle - a lot different than what I thought it would be - good movie - nothing memorable though

Mood

I saw Brave on Monday.

I think going in with lower expectations based on others' reviews helped me. I thought it was pretty good. Tier 2 quality by Pixar's super high standards, but still.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Monsters, Inc was great. Not exactly thrilled at Monsters U. Should have showed entirely new characters.

They should have done an Incredibles 2 sequel before Monsters U. Could have done a prequel, or like 20 years later when the kids are grown up and there are many more new superheroes (and new villians!)
    Aww man, completely disagree. Monsters Inc 1, to me, is Pixar's best film aside from the original Toy Story. Loved it. Can't wait for the sequel. And entirely new characters? How the **** would that work? You can't have Monsters Inc. without Mike Wazowski and Sully.

And I never really dug The Incredibles. Good movie, but never felt like a Pixar movie the entire time I watched it. If you would've just shown it to me back then before ever announcing it and before I ever saw ANY promotional material, I would've told you it was made by Dreamworks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, might as well talk about what I original came in here to talk about. Just got back from Ted. Friggin' hysterical. Loved it. Funniest movie I've seen in years. And yes, TO ME, it was funnier than The Hangover.
    Last edited by Day-V; 06-30-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Amereeka

Really good film about how we, in the land of the free, founded by immigrants, are so xenophobic. Seeing how well I was treated as a black man in Italy earlier this year, it just reinforced to me what an arrogant, intolerant nation we are. Sorry, don't mean to get a soapbox, but the movie really struck a chord for me, especially given that I have asians in my family and remembering us sharing our tales of racism growing up. It's on the Sundance channel. Check it out if you get a chance.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Ted.

While not as funny as the previews made it out to be, there were plenty of LOL moments. Pretty good movie overall.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Project x - Well that was utter garbage possibly the worst movie ive ever watched just boring and stupid

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw Ted today, and judging by my avatar, LOVED it. It was funnier than the previews to me, Sparhawk. Good storyline and I almost lost it when a Family Guy reference was made and Ted said "I do not sound that much like Peter Griffin". Speaking of Family Guy, if you like the cast, you'll love this movie. Seth MacFarlane (Peter among others), Mila Kunis (Meg), Alex Borstein (Lois), Laura Vandervoort (Brian's girlfriends), Ralph Garman (various), Jessica Stroup (various) and Patrick Warburton (Joe) all in this movie. Very vulgar language and stupidity but all in all it is hilarious. Would recommend to anyone who is 15+ and wants to laugh.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Ted.

While not as funny as the previews made it out to be, there were plenty of LOL moments. Pretty good movie overall.
    It was basically one huge Family Guy episode where Seth McFarlane was allowed to go all out.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    I saw Ted today, and judging by my avatar, LOVED it. It was funnier than the previews to me, Sparhawk. Good storyline and I almost lost it when a Family Guy reference was made and Ted said "I do not sound that much like Peter Griffin". Speaking of Family Guy, if you like the cast, you'll love this movie. Seth MacFarlane (Peter among others), Mila Kunis (Meg), Alex Borstein (Lois), Laura Vandervoort (Brian's girlfriends), Ralph Garman (various), Jessica Stroup (various) and Patrick Warburton (Joe) all in this movie. Very vulgar language and stupidity but all in all it is hilarious. Would recommend to anyone who is 15+ and wants to laugh.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    The movie started with a bang with the Jew and Apache Heli jokes
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Mood

Saw Ted and Amazing Spider-Man today.

Ted was fun, but I wasn't suffocating from laughter. Still enjoyed myself overall, and I did laugh more than a few times, but I'm not among those who loved it.

Amazing Spider-Man was pretty damn solid. It was hard to be too into it since it was just 6 years ago we saw the last one of these and just 10 years since the last origin story, but I really like how they handled this movie. It's very well crafted, the acting is good, the story is decent enough, and it had some emotional weight to it. I'd love for this director and cast/crew to make the sequel. Pretty obvious what story they should use next time. It'll be an emotional gut punch if they do it well/right.

I loved Spiderman. Much better IMO than any of the previous three

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

I watched Ted and was really funny I liked it.

Finally got around to watching chronicle. Sure you can see certain influences form other movies, but overall, nice take on the genre and pretty entertaining. Essentially a superhero movie without an origin story, uniforms and thoughts of fighting crime.

Now my problem is I taped Tree of Life. I want to see what all the hubbub is about, but then....it's Terrence Malick. The same guy who made one of the few movies that made me want to walk out of the theater due to it's artsy-fartsy, self indulgent, pretentiousness: Thin Red Line. Should I watch it? I'm waffling.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Thin Red Line is probably the worst movie-going experience I've ever had. Either that or Godzilla. From what I've heard of Tree of Life, I'd pass.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It was basically one huge Family Guy episode where Seth McFarlane was allowed to go all out.
    This would be my review as well. If you're with a bunch of other people who are laughing, then you'll enjoy yourself. It's such a cut-and-dry 80s movie (except for the very good animation work) that it's charming. I did kind of cringe when the majority of the audience (definitely a Family Guy audience, seriously, tons of kids) gasped when one of the characters almost "dies."

Seth McFarlane has this weird thing where he's just totally content to parody without really commenting at all. He's an extremely talented dude with very little artistic ambition. Recommended if you're with a group, preferably one completely fine with the laziest of Asian stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Tree of Life...is about...artsy-fartsy, self indulgent, pretentiousness...
    Wait, what?

I just watched The Silent House

Filmed to appear that the movie was shot in a single take. Scary in all the places you would exspect but the story has kind of an unusal twist toward the end.

Senna

Hugely impressive film, given that it's wall-to-wall archival footage. A bit of artistic license practiced for those familiar with F1 history, but I think non-F1 fans would love it, particularly if they watch it knowing nothing about the man beforehand.

13 minute look at The Dark Night Rises. No real spoilers, just a behind the scenes look with interviews from the cast and crew. worth a watch.

Amazing Spiderman.

I think I liked this better than the original.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Crank was fantastic in that they knew I wouldn't care about the plot whatsoever, so the film was ridiculous the whole time. I never understood putting a lot of time in developing a plot in an action movie.

Amazing Spider Man. Hard to say if I like the reboot origin story better than the Tobey McGuire version, but I prefer the Gwen Stacey love interest angle better. On the other hand, I liked the Green Goblin better than the current villain, and would have preferred by far to have had Electro as the villain this time.

Then I saw Taxi Driver. Still a classic.

Stephen King's IT.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ziplockfresh For This Useful Post: