Page 282 of 340 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 8494

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

21 Jump Street was really, really good. Highly entertaining from staryt to finish and a few scenes that were extremely funny.

I highly recommend as well.

Sure a few jokes feel flat especially towards the end, but for this type of movie, I don't think I could have liked it anymore than I did

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

does 21 Jump Street have anything to do with the TV show other than the name?

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does 21 Jump Street have anything to do with the TV show other than the name?

The tone is completely 100% different. But in one way it is the same. Cops going undercover as high students. Other than that, nothing is the same.

Think of it as a comedy that has some action. But it is a comedy first. Over-the-top in parts, but most of it worked for me and I found myself laughing really hard many times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Moneyball. Enjoyed it, and it made me want to re-evaluate what I think I know about NBA basketball.

Not being an MLB fan, I was surprised when they revealed Beane's decision at the end. Figured he went the other way and that it might explain a couple of championships won in the 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Think of it as a comedy that has some action. But it is a comedy first. Over-the-top in parts, but most of it worked for me and I found myself laughing really hard many times.
    It looks like this will be the recipe for the new Dark Shadows movie, except it will be a comedy with some horror in it. The previews look funny, and with elements you would expect from a Burton/Depp pairing, but all in all, it seems a bit sacrilegious for those of us that still remember or were a fan of the soap though.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The tone is completely 100% different. But in one way it is the same. Cops going undercover as high students. Other than that, nothing is the same.

If you are a fan of the TV show, however, I do think there is an appropriate amount of self-referentiality and homage in it. Certain cameos and allusions to "rehashing old things from the 80s" are smartly done. My friend I went with didn't even know the show existed, so, belli, you'll probably get a pretty good audience mix.

Agreed on the genre classification, UB. The action feels mostly thrown in because some studio producer said that people won't like it unless there's car chases and explosions. The way Lord, Miller, and Bacall satirize that approach with the visual gags was refreshing though. The sequence on the freeway was very Cloudy with-esque.

I feel like "Bacallian" may become the new term for describing smart pop culture-referencing in script writing. (Meanwhile, Dan Harmon sighs and posts frowny faces on Twitter.)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am always super late on watching movies, as I never actually go to the movie theater, but I just got around to watching Fast Five. First off, let me preface this by saying I am an unabashed fan of the series. I love all the absurdity that comes along with all of it. That probably explains why I absolutely loved Fast Five. So over the top, so ridiculous, plot holes galore, nonsensical action and sequences around every corner--but I loved it. Thoroughly entertaining film.

Girl w/ the Dragon Tattoo

Pretty interesting film. I thought it would be more suspenseful, but still good. Was about to throw my remote at the TV for the ending. I should have seen that coming!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Expendables Directors Cut. I liked the original theatrical release, but I think I like the DC even more.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Hunger Games.

Very good movie. Just wish there could have been a few comical moments thrown in, but it's 100% serious with some intense moments.

Bet they quickly start to work on 2 and 3.

Now really free Lance!

I've scrolled back numerous pages but found no mention of this movie--did anyone see Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close? It seems to have been polarizing to some people. True to my spirit of minimal research on movies before I see them, I didn't know what I was getting myself into with this one. It was really good, I'm glad I watched it, but I never want to see that movie again.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I went by myself for a matinee of ACT OF VALOR. Good movie for someone like me. Not sure if the wife would have followed it too well. Not sure if it will translate to tv sized screen but perhaps.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    I went by myself for a matinee of ACT OF VALOR. Good movie for someone like me. Not sure if the wife would have followed it too well. Not sure if it will translate to tv sized screen but perhaps.
    I said this earlier but I am going to repeat myself because indy is just like me a sycamore grad that is:
    My dad is/was a SEAL, he and his buddies and I went to go see it. At the end of the film when the names of Operators ran across the screen,a guy in front of us stood up and said something to the effect "what a waste of time" cant remember who said it (this was a month ago)there was a very distinct "sit down now" but when you turn around and see a bunch of guys wearing the eagle and the trident (symbol of the navy SEAL)...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    I said this earlier but I am going to repeat myself because indy is just like me a sycamore grad that is:
    My dad is/was a SEAL, he and his buddies and I went to go see it. At the end of the film when the names of Operators ran across the screen,a guy in front of us stood up and said something to the effect "what a waste of time" cant remember who said it (this was a month ago)there was a very distinct "sit down now" but when you turn around and see a bunch of guys wearing the eagle and the trident (symbol of the navy SEAL)...
    he probably had to go clean out his shorts........
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Ok, its not a movie I watched, but a trailer. Anyone else hear about this? Its Seth MacFarlane's first feature film and it looks ****ing hilarious. Its called Ted.

NSFW (language)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Though I definitely am a bit of a Family Guy hater, I did laugh more than I expected to at that trailer. The goofy Boston accents always get me, though I can never tell if we're supposed to be laugh at or with Marky Mark. That said, I don't expect the idea to stand up for a feature. Plus, the last movie about a weird CG creature hanging out with a slacker/slackers cussing a lot and making pop cultural references was pretty disappointing. (The movie was called Paul.)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Though I definitely am a bit of a Family Guy hater, I did laugh more than I expected to at that trailer. The goofy Boston accents always get me, though I can never tell if we're supposed to be laugh at or with Marky Mark. That said, I don't expect the idea to stand up for a feature. Plus, the last movie about a weird CG creature hanging out with a slacker/slackers cussing a lot and making pop cultural references was pretty disappointing. (The movie was called Paul.)
    Aaaaww, I liked Paul! I thought it was pretty funny, but odviously not spectacular...

The Ted trailer was hilarious. Have to see it now.

Now really free Lance!

Started to watch Rango and turned it off after 25min it was so bad.

Now really free Lance!

Green Zone with Matt Damon and Greg Kinneer. I liked it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Started to watch Rango and turned it off after 25min it was so bad.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Martha Marcy May Marlene

Great! Loved it! Ambiguous ending, but not a lot to talk about after, just makes you really really tense till it cuts to black.

Soundstage: Sheryl Crow Live........ One of my favorite things is finding concert dvds in the cut out sections in brick and mortar stores.... You can be disappointed by the artist but never the quality in sound and picture when picking up a Soundstage disc.

Oh, and the Crow concert really is good. Big plus is the non vomit inducing quick cuts you find many times.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The Lovely Bones

Loved it till the ending. Felt a bit cheated, but it's based off a book so what can you do.

Now really free Lance!

Drillbit Taylor

The price of getting caught up in movies on TV.