Page 261 of 349 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 8709

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

I went and saw Transformers 3 and loved it. It was a great over the top action movie that delivered on exactly what it tried to be.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I do not even bother with critics when it comes to movies like Transformers, The Expendables, or any other big action movies because most critics are just out of touch. Most critics cannot or refuse to acknowledge that not every movie tries to be some dramatic masterpiece. Sometimes a movie just tries to be a fun movie.

Sometimes I am in the mood for a dramatic movie with amazing acting, but other times I just want to see stuff blow up and robots kick some ***.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Actually 36% on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty good for Transformers. Better than Green Lantern, better than Cars 2, better than Hangover 2.

What is perhaps different is those who don't like Transformers seem to have a very visceral dislike to the movie as do I do all of Bay's movies.

But 57 reviewers like the movie.

Seems to me either you like or hate Bay's style of directing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Jackass 3.5" & "The Social Network"
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

I took my kid to Transformers and was pleasantly surprised. Saw it in 3-D, which I usually don't go for. But the effects were nearly as good, if not better, than Avatar. Plot points were no better than the other two movies, but the CGI was leaps and bounds better than Green Lantern and in the 3-D version, seemed seamless in contrast to actual exterior shooting venues. I'd rate it a 6-6.5 on a 10 scale, though again, not for the plot but more for the CGI and 3-D.

Nerd.
    Mood

Transformers: Dark of the Moon in IMAX 3D.

Loved it. The typical plot-holes. But I still loved it.

Bad Teacher.

Camron Diaz is not aging well at all.

As to the movie, had some funny moments & had the potential to be a very good film. However left unsatisfied due to the cheesy hollywood fairy tale ending that totally flipped her character for no reason other than we all walk away feeling better about her as a character.

I hate that they feel the need to do that.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Greatest Game Ever Played. Pretty good movie.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

watched Transformers 3D over the weekend...it was nice while watching it but after leaving the theater it left a sour taste in my mouth cause of all the plot holes.

Also, never again will I go for the large drink again in the cinema - had to step out and ended up missing the car chase scene which everyone is raving about as the best part of the movie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Super 8. Outstanding movie.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Utterly and completely ridiculous. Still, it worked better than the piece of **** last one.

Belli, I didn't think the car chase was that great, though that is where the movie actually started to do something. Frankly, I think anyone could skip the first hour and not lose a damn thing.

On a side note, I think I'm giving up on 3D. Yes, some of it was very impressive from a technical standpoint, but I don't feel it adds to my viewing enjoyment whatsoever. And yes, that includes the girl's *** at the beginning.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

This one was actually tolerable for the most part, and that's saying a lot for me since I thought the first two were absolute garbage. I always found it funny that people thought I was some kind of film snob only because I disliked the Transformers franchise. I still give it for all the Bay "stuffing" but could go higher in the future if this movie is indeed the last one .

Spoiler Spoiler:

As far as 3-D, this was my first movie in that format. It was solid and it probably made Transformers more palatable but I'm not on the bandwagon. Overall it's a good thing because now I'm not in a rush to buy a 3DTV any time soon.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I've avoided 3D for the most part.

I thought it worked well in Avatar, but even then it was distracting at times because of scuffs on the lenses and making the picture seem lower in quality. But at least the effect was well done and occasionally pretty neat then to counter-balance it.

I think this is as good as 3D has been, but I still don't think it's here to stay like some studios seem to think. I think it'll always be niche as-is.

Maybe, maybe, if they could ever get a wide-viewing-angle, non-glasses version of 3D that also somehow maintains a very good picture quality, maybe that could go far, but even then, there's going to be a disconnect with older 2D movies that will no doubt in some cases get "remastered" in 3D.

If 3D ever got that good, they might as well just divide the market between 2D and 3D instead of trying to please both kinds of media at once. Make movies just for 2D, and then make other movies that are just for 3D projections or whatever the tech. is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

* Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

If you like that, listen to this:

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes I am in the mood for a dramatic movie with amazing acting, but other times I just want to see stuff blow up and robots kick some ***.
    When you're in both moods, District 9 is waiting for you.

Bridesmaids - Supremely flawed. Some of it is totally hilarious (though the Apatow formula of "don't need to write anything, we'll figure it out with improv on the set later" is beyond grating), especially Melissa McCarthy as the psuedo-lesbian (I even laughed at her bad lines, her performance was so good.). But the main character is such a ****** person. She's in a bad place, sure, but she needs to do something that shows her growing and becoming better/learning from her mistakes. I lost any emotional connection with her and thus with the movie. Which is sad because there is a lot about this movie that is authentic and very funny.

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Not sure if it's better than the first one. It's more emotionally engaging though the first felt fresher. The humor (especially in the script) is still there, the voice talent top notch (Gary Oldman, wow.), and the animation is gorgeous. The fight scenes are amazing too. Since the film is so focused on Grandmaster Po, we don't get to know the Furious Five as much as we might. It was kind of depressing going into this with a very small crowd as people were lining up for Transformers: That Pink Floyd Song in 3-D.

Also rewatched X-Men and X2: X-Men United. Both still hold up pretty well. The first has its issues with budget and overall direction (The same thing that happens to everything else.). The second one has a much clearer purpose and is nearly perfect except for the unbelievably stupid end (It was as bad as I remembered.). It's unlikely that Nolan will do to his third Batman movie what Brett Ratner did to the X-Men franchise, but at this point (two movies in) I'd consider the two franchises on equal ground quality wise.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

you know instead of shooting the Transformers movies as a commercial while the autobots are in car form, they could do something like Knight Rider, where the cars are actually talking to each other while going somewhere...they could even add the lights inside the car which KITT had that moved when he spoke...personally that would not feel cheesy for me - cause it was also in the cartoons...

there are a lot of scenes in Bay's version which are just there - they don't do anything. It looks like ads for clothes/cars/etc. He should prolly just stick to advertising/commercials in the future.

Would be awesome if Nolan would ever do a proper Transformers franchise...could totally see his version of Megatron kicking ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If you like that, listen to this:

Oh god, I could hear that the whole movie. Just like the Mass Effect-y Harry Potter trailer, I'm not furious about it, because at least they're copying good music. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but some one somewhere is mighty pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    you know instead of shooting the Transformers movies as a commercial while the autobots are in car form, they could do something like Knight Rider, where the cars are actually talking to each other while going somewhere...they could even add the lights inside the car which KITT had that moved when he spoke...personally that would not feel cheesy for me - cause it was also in the cartoons...

there are a lot of scenes in Bay's version which are just there - they don't do anything. It looks like ads for clothes/cars/etc. He should prolly just stick to advertising/commercials in the future.

Would be awesome if Nolan would ever do a proper Transformers franchise...could totally see his version of Megatron kicking ***.
    As a huge G1 cartoon fan, it is really sad that the robots were never actually characters, just props. But, when the humans themselves are caricatures at best, and props at worst (Megan Fox and whatshername), I guess that would be asking to much.

And thinking about Nolan doing a Transformers film is like thinking about Rachel Bilson showing up at my house and asking to be my sex slave. It's too perfect and so beyond the realm of possibility that it's painful to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    As a huge G1 cartoon fan, it is really sad that the robots were never actually characters, just props. But, when the humans themselves are caricatures at best, and props at worst (Megan Fox and whatshername), I guess that would be asking to much.

And thinking about Nolan doing a Transformers film is like thinking about Rachel Bilson showing up at my house and asking to be my sex slave. It's too perfect and so beyond the realm of possibility that it's painful to think about.
    I mean this is the end result when the director doesn't really know the original backstory and doesn't really care about it. Bay has said countless times that he thought the idea was bad and had been taken to Takara/Hasbro's facilities and pitched and then he learned some about the culture.

Give this franchise to someone with knowledge of G1 and let this baby fly.

I just thought that they made it more about the humans cause of technical limits and budgets as I guess it would be cheaper to make 10 robots only for 30 minutes instead of creating 40 for 150 minutes...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love to see a Transformers franchise that actually had a plot. And Nolan would slam it out of the park. Too bad that would never happen.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

there are rumors now that Jason Statham is going to be the lead in the next version of Transformers - the movie hasn't even been in theaters for a week and they're already set to reboot it!

I gotta be honest. I was all geeked to see it for the mindless spectacle of it, but my wife and I saw that running time and sadly backed off. Did the running time bother you guys or did it keep your interest? I mean, hell, seeing Transformers is like seeing the Godfather part II. I was willing to give up my time for that movie. Just don't know if I want to hit a theater for that long for Transformers.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    I gotta be honest. I was all geeked to see it for the mindless spectacle of it, but my wife and I saw that running time and sadly backed off. Did the running time bother you guys or did it keep your interest? I mean, hell, seeing Transformers is like seeing the Godfather part II. I was willing to give up my time for that movie. Just don't know if I want to hit a theater for that long for Transformers.
    for me it wasn't a borefest where I checked my time which is something i tend to do in the cinema to see how much more we got left in the movie...only time i checked was when i had to take a restroom break and tried to hope i dont miss anything important...but turned out i did not do so well with my break...

Transformers 3 -

Lots of spoilers here, so if you have seen it don't read any further. you've been warned.

Very interesting the idea of having a clandestine mission as the real reason for the moon landing. I actually kind of liked that set up and it sort of fits with the whole formation of the Hoover damn from the first movie.

Why does this movie feel like its just a bunch of cut scenes?

Overall i liked it. But yes there are some pretty big plot holes, but easy to overlook.

I'm pretty sure this will be the last Transformers movie though. They literally killed every major bad guy. No one escapes.

Social Network- I was very underwhelmed by this movie. Almost border line terrible. Was there a plot? No. It was just, hey this is how I screwed my friend over and founded the biggest social network company. Infact Timberlake's character actually stole the movie.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pig Nash For This Useful Post: