Page 257 of 349 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 8722

Thread: What movie did you last watch?

Default Re: What movie did you last watch?

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . I'm hoping X-Men is better than both.

The reviews thus far have been 98% positive

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_first_class/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    What do you think they edited out of the movie?
    Honestly, I don't know. I just know that both movies are pretty much the exact same, and they actually re-use lines from the first movie wanting to get laughs with them in the second. People laughed, I groaned.

If I wanted to watch the Hangover Part 1, I would have just watched it, instead of spending $40 for two tickets, a drink, and a popcorn.

The scene with the stripper was pretty good though. It was unexpected and original. The rest of the movie was just a retread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know. I just know that both movies are pretty much the exact same, and they actually re-use lines from the first movie wanting to get laughs with them in the second. People laughed, I groaned.

If I wanted to watch the Hangover Part 1, I would have just watched it, instead of spending $40 for two tickets, a drink, and a popcorn.

The scene with the stripper was pretty good though. It was unexpected and original. The rest of the movie was just a retread.
    all the jokes were made about what happen in the 1st one ya i though it was stupid

Mood

Limitless

Hallpass

Hangover 2

Unstoppable

Fast 5

no strings attached

Just go with it

Limitless was probably my favorite but all were good in there own way

will probably get to True Grit and Unknown by Friday i am really looking forward to watching them. Unknown sounds interesting and Jeff Bridges is in True Grit so it has to be great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I loved Limitless as well. Saw it in theaters like six weeks ago, or whenever it was new. Bradley Cooper is probably my favorite actor to emerge from the last 5 or 6 years or so. I really enjoyed this movie.

Hangover 2 was a giant turd; felt ripped off about the jokes. I didn't care that the plot was exactly the same, but to rehash every funny joke from the first one was just extremely lazy. Most of the actors appeared to be coasting through the movie too.

Just Go With It was much better than the reviews made it seem.

Fast Five was awesome too... I haven't seen any of the other movies but I am a huge fan of The Rock. He really stole just about every scene he was in. "You I know I like my dessert first... now gimme the damn veggies!"

Also just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark yesterday. I think that might be my pick as the best movie ever made. I love it.

I'm getting very pumped for the new X-Men movie. I think it's an awesome new take for the film franchise. Very, very cool.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Hangover Part III is being talked about already. Good God, Hollywood ruins everything.

They have to bleed it dry.

Mood

unknown it is like Salt in a lot of ways and is a pretty good movie.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-02-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched the Hangover II and thought it was pretty funny, and also had a good crowd there which makes it better than it probably will be when I watch it on dvd.

Watched Pirates, but all I can think of now is: (language warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    Wow, worst? I can understand not getting it, it's pretty specific but I've not seen anyone say it was the worst movie they've seen.
    Not my worst of all time, but yeah, the worst (to me) that I've seen in years. The worst film I've ever seen is one that I looked forward to but actually walked out of in the theaters, and I've only walked out of theaters one time in my life during a movie. It was The Dead, based on the James Joyce novel. Second worst in terms of quality would have to be Hercules in New York (with the Governator) although it was so bad that it was funny to where you could not stop watching.

The Last Exorcism. To me this is a movie best watched if you don't know anything about it, like one of my other favorite movies, From Dusk Til Dawn. A great rebound movie after Scot Pilgrim, and one of the best I've seen on DVD this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Okay, here we go. Caught the 12:05 AM showing of X-men: First Class at my local theater. Thrilled to pay the matinee price in the wee hours of the morning, and extra glad to pay it since the movie was excellent. Not "Dark Knight" excellent, but IMO, it is the best of all of the X-men movies.

One word of advice: Unless you like watching a long stream of names, don't bother staying until the end of the credits. Unlike other Marvel movies, there isn't any payoff afterward.

Also, if any of you spot Stan Lee in the film, let me know where he was. I don't recall seeing him in this one (he usually appears in Marvel movies).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

X-Men 0.

Somewhat the opposite of Thor for me. I went into Thor with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised, and I went into this with very high expectations and just left a little disappointed. With these kinds of movies, especially when they're set in a universe I've previously loved, I find myself being very very picky, and various things just struck me wrong. Its weird, but I almost wish I could have been the director of this movie.

With that said, there's still a lot that I liked, and I would give it a B or B+.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Watching Cheech and Chong's Next Movie right now.

Mood

The adjustment bureau very good Matt Damon is a solid actor

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Just watched Bridesmaids.....Hilarious! I thought it delivered more laughs than The Hangover II.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Cedar Rapids - Aside from the holy-****-I've-never-cringed-this-much-before Wire references from Whitlock (Sheeeeeeeeeeet!), best comedy of the year so far. (Caveat: haven't seen Bridesmaids yet) Not laugh out loud funny kind of comedy, but smiling, giggling and nodding in approval kind of comedy. Ed Helms is solid as is a surprising Anne Heche. John Reilly steals the show; dude is a golden god. Liked this a lot more than Youth in Revolt. A couple of side characters were wasted and there was a little too much predictability, so it's not perfect. Captured the simple themes of small towns and personal vacations quite well. Highly recommended.

Limitless
    - Much better direction than writing. Cooper is solid. An entertaining watch that could have been more interesting. I look forward to director Neill Burger's next flick, having also enjoyed the flawed The Illusionist.

Hall Pass - Farrelly Brothers need to stop. Seriously. They're complete hacks at this point.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Cedar Rapids - Aside from the holy-****-I've-never-cringed-this-much-before Wire references from Whitlock (Sheeeeeeeeeeet!), best comedy of the year so far. (Caveat: haven't seen Bridesmaids yet) Not laugh out loud funny kind of comedy, but smiling, giggling and nodding in approval kind of comedy. Ed Helms is solid as is a surprising Anne Heche. John Reilly steals the show; dude is a golden god. Liked this a lot more than Youth in Revolt. A couple of side characters were wasted and there was a little too much predictability, so it's not perfect. Captured the simple themes of small towns and personal vacations quite well. Highly recommended.

Limitless
    - Much better direction than writing. Cooper is solid. An entertaining watch that could have been more interesting. I look forward to director Neill Burger's next flick, having also enjoyed the flawed The Illusionist.

Hall Pass - Farrelly Brothers need to stop. Seriously. They're complete hacks at this point.
    lol hall pass was pretty out there but i thought it was kind of funny. It was stupid but funny IMO.

I saw First Class friday night. I was disappointed, I thought it was good, but for all the people that are saying it even approaches Dark Knight, I'd like to know what they are smoking. To me, it lagged well behind Dark Knight as well as the first Iron Man, and I'm not sure it matched the second X-Men film either to be honest. It was just OK, I'd say. I couldn't really get involved with any of the characters except Xavier. Even Magneto felt somewhat hollow to me.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Saw X-Man. I will say it was very well done, story structure I thought was very good, special effects were excellent, it felt like an expensive movie and I mean that in a good way. So while I thought the movie was very well done, I didn't love it, didn't really like it. I liked it, it was entertaining, but it wasn['t anything more than that.

Seemed to me just when I th0ought, OK, now it is going to get good, it just didn't

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Watched Red Dawn and Total Recall on Sunday. Nothing like a day of just relaxing watching old action movies from the late 80s and early 90s. I was dying laughing at Total Recall because there is a scene on the escalators where the bad guys are chasing Arnold's character and the bad guy steps on a dead bodies chest and it actually makes a noise like a toy. It sound like a dog toy that squeaks.

Mood

The Wrestler Mickey Rourke is a beast actor

Mood

Watched Jackass 3 last night.