Some business out of the way first:
We are using the Newbie setup form mafiascum
So there are 6 vanilla townies plus one row or column here. We'll be using wolf flavor so just replace mafia with werewolf. This means it's a semi-open setup. You know what can exist and what can exist together. Like you can't have a Tracker and a Jailkeeper. These roles are a bit different than what we've played with before so here's what they do:
Town Jailkeeper: Like a doctor or angel, except if you jail a wolf, they won't be able to kill so if you are successful in stopping the kill you don't know if you protected who would have been eaten or who was trying to do the eating.
Wolf Roleblocker: You are a wolf and can perform a night kill, and you can stop one player from doing their night action.
1-shot Bulletproof: You don't die the first time you are killed at night.
Town Cop: You pick one person at night and are told if they are aligned with town or the wolves. (you don't see their role, they don't know you know about them)
Wolf Goon/Vanilla Townie: You don't have any powers except the vote (and the decision on who to night kill if you're a werewolf)
Town Doctor: Like the guardian angel in games we've played here before, if you protect someone that would be killed, they don't die. You aren't told you were successful so other stuff could be going on.
Town Tracker: You target someone at night and are told if they targeted someone with an ability that night, you only find out if they did or not, not who they targeted or if they were trying to help or hurt them. You get a "no result" if the person didn't target someone or if you were jailed/roleblocked.
Other rules that are a bit different.
1. We start with a day phase instead of a night, so you have less to go on to start the day. (I'll probably kill a nonparticipant for flavor reasons) That normally means you start with a Random Vote Stage, where you vote someone for no particular reason. That goes for a while until people start to glean information from the posts and starts deciding who is scummy and who is townie.
2. You are not allowed to exactly quote your role pm but I will post all the role pms in the thread so if you claim that you are a role, you might be counterclaimed by the wolves, or the wolves may claim first and you might want to claim your role to prove they are a wolf.
3. The wolves have daytalk (they can speak to each other about the game during the day outside of the thread, we'll probably just use pms because I have no way of setting up private topics here like they do on other sites) townies do not. Please don't talk about the game outside of the thread and don't edit posts in the thread. Once you say something, it should be able to be referenced later on.
4. You are allowed to post one "dead post" after you die for flavor or to wish people luck, but it can't contain any game-relevant information.
5. I'm not allowed to lock threads so once I post that night has started, please do not post in the thread until the next day starts.
6. The wolves decide who to kill at night together, but one person submits the action so if you track or block a wolf who didn't submit the action to me, tough luck.
7. Voting is a bit more strict. Please use a separate line and bold the text like this:
Vote for Pig Nash
Nicknames are fine but if I don't know who you mean the vote won't count. Once a person receives a majority of votes, they die. You can't unvote once that vote is cast (this is called the hammer). People normally denote how close someone is to being hammered using L-# of votes to hammer. So in a 9 player game, the first lynch needs 5 people so if you have 3 votes on you, you're L-2. Normally if you put someone at L-1, you ask them to claim their role, you normally don't want to claim without someone putting you to L-1, you can "crumb" your role by putting vague hints in your posts.
8. This is my color for official vote counts and mod notes, don't use it.
9. Always play to your win condition, it's no fun for anyone if you give up.
10. If you are going to be absent for a specific period of time, please let me know ahead of time!
11. Deadlines are longer. This makes it easier for busy people, people in different time zones, or if you're not online for a while, to play. Not quite as long as on their site, but longer than we normally play here.
Days are 10 days or 240 hours from when the day starts, nights are 48 hours from when the night starts.
12. Everyone is allowed to post in thread (including if you are lynched) until I close the day and the lynch is revealed. Please don't post in the thread if you aren't playing.
13. Have fun! If you think I missed something, please let me know.