Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/76ers Postgame Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/76ers Postgame Thread

If anything, Danny's effectiveness only goes up if PG can keep up his confident level of play. With a balky knee, Danny will be perfect spotting up on the wing or in the corner. He could easily get 6-9 ppg just from open spot up opportunities. Those same open shots that Green nd Young are struggling with, Danny can knock down at a more consistent rate.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

The move should help PG even more, not only for the extra space from shooting, but he'll no longer be guarded by the opposing teams 3. He'll start seeing more 2s guarding him, which means smaller defenders.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Really, the Pacers toyed with Philly in this game. They basically took the night off from an intelligence standpoint. (Anyone remember that Six Points, Four Seconds before halftime? Didn't think so.) Even then, only some ridiculously good jump-shooting saved Philly from losing by 20. And if the Pacers had played disciplined and smart, they would have won by 30.

Given health and Danny returning before there are 30 games left in the season, this team still can reach the ECF. Do they have issues to work out? Of course. But as they've been showing us, they ARE working them out. There's good reason to think the starting five with Danny will be able to match what they were last year, which is elite, basically, and we should be able to admit that. Yet, as we all know, a lot will ride on the bench.

Oh, and Paul George's trade value has never been higher. I'm not going to guess whether it will go higher than this...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjbjjbjjb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Danny comes back Paul will still get his shots. It will be easier for Danny and Paul if they slack off of either of them the defense will get burnt. The defense will have to pick their poison.
    I see Danny averaging around 16-18 ppg and Paul still averaging around 20 when they are both healthy.
    I'd like to see Danny and Paul round into a Reggie and Jalen relationship. Go with the hot hand most nights and if they both end up hot, then just let em fly and have everyone else crash the boards.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    1,000 BACKPACKS!
    That is one serious BACKPACK ATTACK!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I seriously cannot remember the last time Paul missed a three at home.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I told my GF right as the game ended and the camera caught Hill talking to Brenner that he was probably telling him about a rebound they didn't give him earlier in the game. Guys know their stats on the floor.
    I thought it was the other way around. It looked like Benner grabbed Hill before he could get to the lockerroom and took him to the scorer's table. While on the way there, Benner said something, probably about that rebound, and then Hill recounted the play.

Either way, I had no idea he was approaching 10 assists, but it was clearly his best game ever as a point guard. He missed a few wide open players under the basket, but he really ran the show tonight. It's great to see him improve in areas like running the team.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    It seems like Spencer Hawes always plays his best games of the season against us.
    He really bounced back from that terrible haircut to have a nice second half against us.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

That almost poster dunk by George pretty much describes the difference in him lately. I've been waiting for him to posterize someone since he entered the league. So close.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

At this point, I would like to see Sam Young stay in the rotation once Danny returns. Bench Green and keep someone in who actually makes positive contributions.

If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George's numbers in the last 6 games:
    25ppg, 7.3rpg, 3.5apg, 1.2bpg, 1.3spg, shooting 51% from the field and 57% from 3. He's also getting to the line 5 times per game and hitting his free throws at 88%.

Very impressive play after a terrible road trip. Hopefully Paul has turned the corner and is on his way to becoming the player I know he can be. He needs to keep it up for the whole season, especially when Danny gets back. That doesn't mean he needs to score 25ppg, which would be fantastic of course. But it means he needs to be hovering around that 20ppg mark and shooting it well. Right now Paul's game seems to be a bit more dynamic. He is certainly shooting the ball well, i mean 57% from 3, while taking a good amount of three's no less is impressive. But he's been getting to the basket as well. His handles have improved for sure.

Keep it up PG, I know you can, your team knows you can, you know you can. Keep this team going for when Danny gets back and lets make a run at this thing!
    Last edited by ilive4sports; 12-15-2012 at 05:09 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

It amazes me how some people, Dr awesome, mostly, are annoyed by the fact that Paul George didn't do earlier this season what he is showing on the court lately.

Ever heard of growing into a role? The guy is 22 and clearly wasn't used to lead the team in scoring. Don't blame him for that, it's complete normal that a guy of that age needs more than one good scoring game to boost the confidence.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    It amazes me how some people, Dr awesome, mostly, are annoyed by the fact that Paul George didn't do earlier this season what he is showing on the court lately.

Ever heard of growing into a role? The guy is 22 and clearly wasn't used to lead the team in scoring. Don't blame him for that, it's complete normal that a guy of that age needs more than one good scoring game to boost the confidence.
    Nice call out DEEman.

I give up. Ya'll take care.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 12-15-2012 at 04:36 AM.

I think Danny will see more open shots than he's seen in the last 2 years if he comes back with PG doing this. I cant wait for Danny to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Nice call out DEEman.

I give up. Ya'll take care.
    well its not like you made a thread a week ago about being pissed that its taken PG this long to play like he is now, you know 20ish games into his third season. oh wait you did. i mean, you make that thread and make another comment tonight and expect to not get called out? come on man

You have to wonder if George needed those struggles to really push him to the level he's playing at now. Without those couple of terrible West Coast games maybe he wouldn't have felt the urgency to put the team on his back like he is now. So I can't complain that he struggled earlier in the season if this is the outcome.

Jordan had to get cut from his high school team to push him to work that much harder and LeBron needed to lose that Dallas series to make the leap to the level he's playing at now.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Yep. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom.

What impressed me most about Paul's game last night was the D. He was protecting the rim like Roy, and I don't mean just the blocks. He changed probably 4 or 5 more shots at the rim by playing help D and going straight up. He also caused 4 turnovers by my count even though he was only credited with 1 steal. (should've been 2... Young was credited with Paul's 4th qtr. steal ) He was just a beast last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Yep. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom.

What impressed me most about Paul's game last night was the D. He was protecting the rim like Roy, and I don't mean just the blocks. He changed probably 4 or 5 more shots at the rim by playing help D and going straight up. He also caused 4 turnovers by my count even though he was only credited with 1 steal. (should've been 2... Young was credited with Paul's 4th qtr. steal ) He was just a beast last night.

I am just happy to see the light come on and PG start to utilize all that potential. It is a sight to behold.
    I hope people appreciate what he has shown these past 6 games. Offense and defense all in one package.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

I think the people expecting George to continue these numbers are in for a rude awakening at some point.

Does anyone really think our 22-year-old wing will continue to hit 50% from the floor?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I think the people expecting George to continue these numbers are in for a rude awakening at some point.

Does anyone really think our 22-year-old wing will continue to hit 50% from the floor?
    I'm not concerned with the numbers. It's the attitude and aggression that I'm looking for, the numbers will come on their own.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

I don't expect it, but it's not inconceivable. The wings that average above or near .500 include Wade, Parker, Kyrlenko, Allen, Bledsoe, Rondo, Dudley...so it's doable. Paul George could fit on that list.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

If PG/Danny/West can all average 16-18pts, like both West/PG are doing, and GH can keep his average steady (15pts), and if Roy can improve to just 12pts the offense for the starters will be pretty good. There are really two ifs in there, if Danny can average 16-18 and if Roy can improve, but I really don't see a whole lot of reason why they couldn't. That's 78pts, on average, out of your starting five.

The key is figuring out the rotations.

The Trailblazers lead the league in starting five scoring, and they average 81pts.
    http://www.nba.com/gamenotes/blazers.pdf
    Last edited by Since86; 12-15-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Banned

This is not worse that expecting Danny to come back 100% healthy and if I remember correctly you are the copilot on that wagon, I expect both sides to get a rude awakening once they find out that both dreams were just that, dreams. ...

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This is not worse that expecting Danny to come back 100% healthy and if I remember correctly you are the copilot on that wagon, I expect both sides to get a rude awakening once they find out that both dreams were just that, dreams. ...
    Nope, you remember wrong. I'm not "expecting" Danny to come back full strength, but I do hope for it. Come on, you see the difference, right?

I love the way Paul George is playing, and think that lots of it is repeatable. I just don't want people getting upset when he goes back to scoring 20ppg on 45% shooting.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post: