Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: 27 reported dead at shooting in Connecticut Elementary school

Default Breaking News: 27 reported dead at shooting in Connecticut Elementary school

Damn!

Whoever did this I hope they fry the *******.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Breaking News: 27 reported dead at shooting in Connecticut Elementary school

He's already dead. Which is always the story with these ********. Which they would just save everyone the trouble and kill themselves when they wake up in the morning.

18 kids is what the wall street journal is saying. 18.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Breaking News: 27 reported dead at shooting in Connecticut Elementary school

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's already dead. Which is always the story with these ********. Which they would just save everyone the trouble and kill themselves when they wake up in the morning.

18 kids is what the wall street journal is saying. 18.
    Oh I didn't realize that well at least he's dead a pity it didn't stop there

Another POS that decided he wanted to go down in history by doing something horrific. I know these things have to be shown on the news but I would hope instead of the talk shows trying to say he had a troubled child hood or something they forget trying to use logic and call it what it is. A Fking animal plain an simple so these other warped fks see there is no glory, not even a hint of pity for this piece of crap.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

They are interviewing 8 and 9 year olds on live TV right after their classmates were murdered. Journalists have become the biggest whores in the world.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shooter's name is Ryan Lanza
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You may ask how this happens. Aside from the obvious "crazy" factor how does one get access to a school? Well, let me tell you. This morning, my kindergartner forgot his backpack. So since I happen to be off work today I decided to run it over to him. I parked, walked up to the door, which was locked, and hit the intercom call button. The office asked my business there, I told them, they asked my son's name, I told them, they buzzed me in. That's it. So, in theory, you could walk up with a bag full of guns, and get straight in based on knowing the name of one student. That's all it took. One name got me buzzed into the school. What's the solution? Do you really want the school locked up like a prison? Given the alternative I think there needs to be more layers for sure. All I know is you can bet your *** I'm bringing how I was able to get in this morning up at the next PTO meeting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

I think this is going to be the story. He killed his father in NJ it appears, drove to Connecticut to kill his mom who it now appears was a kindergarten teacher at the school. Yes, folks, I think an entire classroom of kindergartners was massacred this morning. So horrible. So, so horrible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    You may ask how this happens. Aside from the obvious "crazy" factor how does one get access to a school? Well, let me tell you. This morning, my kindergartner forgot his backpack. So since I happen to be off work today I decided to run it over to him. I parked, walked up to the door, which was locked, and hit the intercom call button. The office asked my business there, I told them, they asked my son's name, I told them, they buzzed me in. That's it. So, in theory, you could walk up with a bag full of guns, and get straight in based on knowing the name of one student. That's all it took. One name got me buzzed into the school. What's the solution? Do you really want the school locked up like a prison? Given the alternative I think there needs to be more layers for sure. All I know is you can bet your *** I'm bringing how I was able to get in this morning up at the next PTO meeting.
    What's really sad is that's a lot more security than any school I've ever attended has had. Every one of them (even post-Columbine and all) has unlocked doors virtually all over the building. I'm terrified thinking that I have a 3-year-old and 1-year-old that will eventually be going to school.

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Guys...

It's really easy to play the blame card right now or try and play psychologist, but all that matters right now is keeping these families in your thoughts and/or prayers. They are all that matter right now

Carmel HS Class of 2011

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Feed the worthless piece of **** to pigs. Don't even give him a grave.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

As I see the pictures on the news of kids as they are evacuated, i can't help but be enraged. How could you stand there photographing them instead of trying to help? it just blows my mind.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    As I see the pictures on the news of kids as they are evacuated, i can't help but be enraged. How could you stand there photographing them instead of trying to help? it just blows my mind.
    We're talking about the same people who can't even get the right name of the POS.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

First, I'm definitely pray for everyone involved.

Second though, the media makes me sick too TJ. Classmates don't need to be sharing what happened, parents don't need to be hounded, and doctors and police officers don't need to be bugged for detas. The kids don't need to relive it, parents need to be taking care of kids, and the doctors and police have better things to be doing.

Leave these people the heck alone right now and do something to help instead of bugging everyone.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thinking of those poor defendless kids that lost their life to that lunatic **** and can't stop crying.Yeah i am so away but i feel so sad and pain today.My thoughts to the families who have suffered enough already and will keep suffering from this nightmare.It's beyond crazy and unimaginable.5-year-old angels shot to death.We live in a **** mad world sometimes.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

I will never underestand why any joe blow from across the road can buy guns in america.

so glad this stuff doesn't happen where im from
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Everybody - give your kids an extra hug tonite.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Another POS that decided he wanted to go down in history by doing something horrific. I know these things have to be shown on the news but I would hope instead of the talk shows trying to say he had a troubled child hood or something they forget trying to use logic and call it what it is. A Fking animal plain an simple so these other warped fks see there is no glory, not even a hint of pity for this piece of crap.
    I don't think any other animals commit individual acts of mass murder on their own or other species. This is a very human thing to do.

Another horrible act of violence against young children took place today: http://www.latimes.com/news/world/wo...,6383015.story

27. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    I will never underestand why any joe blow from across the road can buy guns in america.

so glad this stuff doesn't happen where im from
    Did you seriously just say that?

"Glad that doesn't happen where I'm from"? These were children that were killed!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

I was shocked to watch the news earlier and as the TV reporter was interviewing a parent, a print reporter walked up *during* the interview and interviewed the kid, apparently without her permission. It looked like the mother was just too dazed and confused to stop her interview but she didn't seem too happy about it.

Complete ******* move.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...newtown-402738

Syfy Pulls 'Haven' Episode in Wake of Connecticut School Shooting

SyFy
    In the aftermath of the elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Syfy is pulling a Haven episode scheduled to air Friday that centers on violence at a high school.
    OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

According to a description of "Reunion," "Nathan (Lucas Bryant) and Duke (Eric Balfour) go back to their high school to help Audrey (Emily Rose) apprehend a troubled killer who is wreaking havoc at a student reunion."
    Syfy issued a statement to The Hollywood Reporter regarding the decision: "Tonight's scheduled 10 p.m. episode of Haven contained scenes of fictitious violence in a high school. In light of today's tragedy in Newtown, Conn., we have decided not to air it. At this time, no decision has been made as to when the episode will air."
    Instead, the cable network will air a repeat of Eureka -- the animated holiday episode "Do You See What I See" -- in Haven's usual 10 p.m. slot Friday. Haven's third-season finale is scheduled to air next week.
    President Barack Obama addressed the nation Friday following the Newtown shooting, which took the lives of dozens of victims. "We're going to have to get together and take meaningful action," the president said. “As a country we have been through this too many times."
    Haven is based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ames/#comments

NFL will observe a moment of silence before all Week 15 games

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 14, 2012, 6:13 PM EST

Reuters
    The NFL will pause before each game this weekend to recognize the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.

At each stadium, just before the playing of the national anthem, a moment of silence will be observed.

Like everyone across America, those in the NFL have been shocked by the shooting at Newtown’s Sandy Hook Elementary School, where authorities say a gunman killed 26 people, 20 of them children aged 5 to 10, before killing himself.

During the moment of silence, hundreds of thousands of fans in NFL stadiums, and millions of fans watching at home, will reflect on the scope of the tragedy. As President Obama said today, “The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them.

Not sure what info you all have, but from what we've gotten inside the state..

Seems like the gunman fired into two classrooms, his mother's and another one. So yes, likely an entire classroom of of kids 5 years old, and another classroom died. The death toll is now 20.

His name is actually Adam Lanza, Ryan is his brother who lives in New Jersey..who has now been taken in for custody. He killed his mother who he lived with first, drove to the school..and then went into her classroom. I'm pretty sure the Father is still actually alive, and that was reported incorrectly.

The media... I've had problems with a lot of it. Like...showing the film of parents coming out of the fire station who had clearly gotten the bad news..(That was so gruesome.)

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

It's almost like we're in a cycle where there will soon be so many public killings, that the populace will become desensitized to it, spend less time watching the news, leading to lower ratings (and less celebrity killers) and then less glorification of these public killings, leading to the idea of killing dozens of innocents in public being less of a driving force behind such action, ultimately resulting in fewer high-profile public killings.

It's tough to imagine not reaching this point. I hope we can collectively turn off the cable news, get better help for the people who need it, and work on becoming better ourselves. Doesn't seem like that's what's trending though.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Hell, I volunteer at an elementary school in DC (and not in a great neighborhood) and the door is not even locked. There is a "security guard" that you have to sign in with, bless that woman's heart, but my grandmother could probably overpower her.