Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Actual Pacers/Warriors Postgame Thread: Basketball talk only please

Default Actual Pacers/Warriors Postgame Thread: Basketball talk only please

Go Pacers!

Great performances from West, Hill and PG.

Also of note - besides Curry's ungodly shooting, the rest of the Warriors didn't perform that well. I think the Pacers overall played some damn good defense, although there were a couple lapses early on.

(Courtesy NBA.com)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Actual Pacers/Warriors Postgame Thread: Basketball talk only please

David was a monster. He imposed his will against a PF who can't play D. We've seen it so much this season.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David was a monster. He imposed his will against a PF who can't play D. We've seen it so much this season.
    Yup. Just a monster game from him. It kind of gets lost just because of Curry's unbelievable game.. but man West had it going.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Curry's shooting was amazing but he made a bunch of awful passes. I'm surprised he only had 6 turnovers.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was flipping back and forth between the Pacers and Hoosiers all night--how did Danny look? The stat line isn't anything to write home about, but how was he moving, how was his timing, did he try to force the action, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I was flipping back and forth between the Pacers and Hoosiers all night--how did Danny look? The stat line isn't anything to write home about, but how was he moving, how was his timing, did he try to force the action, etc.
    Didn't hit rim on his first two shots, but once he started attacking the basket he got more confident. It's a work in progress but I don't think he is as far off as his statlines would say. Honestly everyone tried to force the action. We kept on trying to run plays for Danny when he wasn't feeling it. We didn't let the game come to him.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Did Danny play more with the second unit or the starters? His minutes look more like they were with the second unit.

Did Danny play more with the second unit or the starters? His minutes look more like they were with the second unit.
    2nd unit but West was out there for a good portion of it on his first appearance. George, Hill, and West were out there for his 2nd appearance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I missed Danny's field goal, how did he get it?

Danny's looking okay, if he never gets his shot back I'm okay with our bench unit revolving around Danny and Tyler forcing the issue and trying to get to the line.

I'd guess Danny's minutes were half and half. It was really nice seeing him be aggressive. He made several drives to the hoop. One led to a tip in, one led to his trip to the foul line very nice.

Also, couldn't help be get excited at one point seeing the bench out there and for the first time all season, not being scared. It was, DJ, OJ, Danny, Tyler and Ian. And they looked pretty good. I mean Danny playing a lot better freeing up Orlando for some outside shots and bam, that's a strong unit!

Oh and as to be expected, Danny just needs some time to get acclimated to NBA ball again. I mean he was exhausted!

Read it and weep:

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post

Danny's looking okay, if he never gets his shot back I'm okay with our bench unit revolving around Danny and Tyler forcing the issue and trying to get to the line.
    It was a pretty nice jumper IIRC. He created the shot and sank it. He'll get his shot back. He's always rusty to start, let alone coming off of a 9 month break.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post

It was a classic Danny midrange pull up shot off the dribble. He's getting there. He definitely looked way more comfortable this game compared to last.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

should I be concerned about Danny's horrendous start shooting the ball?
    David "And One" West

Oh and the Warriors starting front line vs David West: 5-13, 12 points, 5 TO's.

West: 28, 3 TO on 16 shots. That was an *** beating.

David Lee is an allstar???? West beat a current All-Star, from the vaunted Western-Conference like a rented mule. BAMF.
    Last edited by mattie; 02-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Read it and weep:

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Do not refer to this team as "lacking talent." That's absurd.

Read it and weep:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    No. Wells pointed it out on Twitter during the game: Danny is a notoriously slow starter. Factor in that everyone else is in game shape by now and has had months of basketball to get into their rhythm, and it should come as no surprise.

It's typical for anyone coming in after a big injury.....and very very typical for Danny Granger period. He has time to get back into it so nah.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Green?? Lol

hard to tell if its sarcasm or not:-)
    Last edited by ThA HoyA; 02-26-2013 at 11:23 PM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Hibbert is making a lot more decisive moves and his hook is looking better and better, and Paul needs to stop trying to make the flashy pass, and stop being lazy with the ball.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Before the mid-4th Roy was having a really solid game. 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks on 50 percent shooting. Not bad for only 28 minutes. Good to see the big man finding his groove.
    Last edited by rabid; 02-26-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Roy got 9 boards, not assists lol

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Thought the Pacers just looked like the better basketball team tonight. As long as Curry made shots, they could keep it close, but that basically was the only chance they had. GSW looked a lot like the Monta Ellis Warriors. Short and little. Pesky, but unable to defend in the crunch. Roy just shot over them. So did David and Paul. Jack played hard, but Lance is bigger and stronger and in the end too much for JJ to handle. David Lee and Carl Landry are good players, but they were just fighting out of their weight class all night.

Just a nice job of beating up a decent team by a superior team. Their ability to make shots keep it close, but in the end, that was all it did.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

No. Wells pointed it out on Twitter during the game: Danny is a notoriously slow starter. Factor in that everyone else is in game shape by now and has had months of basketball to get into their rhythm, and it should come as no surprise.
    There were a couple of times Danny was off to the side, trying to get his breath. Not easy to say in shape when you're trying to take care of your knees. Especially game shape. Any quick running on Danny's part was followed by a couple minutes of heavy breathing. Funny to watch guys come back late in the season when everyone else is in mid-season form.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only got to see the fourth quarter, but I did catch Danny playing for a few minutes. He looks healthy and active, seems comfortable. Still the worst player on a fast break I think I've ever seen, lol. His only FGM looked good, like vintage Danny.

Bummer that Roy missed the last few minutes because I was loving his play in the fourth. GS could not get near the rim with any hope of making a bucket, and Roy was active on offense as well.

But, no big deal. Roy goes out, DWEST (whose name should always be in all CAPS) took over on both ends and closed this out.

I love our attacking offense. Getting up the court and being the aggressors. Our defense has been stunning all year, and now they're attacking just as hard on offense. No coincidence that we've won so many games by double digits now. Can't wait for the playoffs.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

39. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fine...if no one else is going to say it I will...

THE PACERS WON A GAME THAT VIOLET PALMER OFFICIATED!!!!

41. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    Only got to see the fourth quarter, but I did catch Danny playing for a few minutes. He looks healthy and active, seems comfortable. Still the worst player on a fast break I think I've ever seen, lol. His only FGM looked good, like vintage Danny.
    This. I know his shot selection has been questionable throughout his career but it's especially bad when he could've dumped it off to an open teammate on the break.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganizedConfusion For This Useful Post: